PDA

View Full Version : Trump Gets Nobel Peace Prize Nomination

boxcar
09-09-2020, 07:10 PM
Donald Trump Earns Nobel Peace Prize Nomination for Israel-UAE Deal

U.S. President Donald Trump has been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize in honor of his work in normalizing relations between Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Fox News reported Wednesday.

Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a member of the Norwegian Parliament, submitted the nomination. He praised Trump for his efforts at striving for peace not just in the Middle East but globally as well.

The signing ceremony of the Abraham Accord between Israel and the UAE, which marks the president’s diplomatic success, is set down for September 15 in Washington.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/09/donald-trump-earns-nobel-peace-prize-nomination-for-israel-uae-peace-deal/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=daily&utm_campaign=20200909

The Leftists must be seeing Red over Orange Man.

ElKabong
09-09-2020, 07:16 PM
:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

woodbinepmi
09-09-2020, 07:44 PM
They would rather see the two countries go into an all out war with each other than see President Trump win this award.

TJDave
09-09-2020, 08:58 PM
Who gets to nominate a person?

For a nomination alone, the barrier to entry is low: all nominations from heads of state or politicians serving at a national level are accepted.

University professors, directors of foreign policy institutes, past recipients of a Nobel Prize and members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee are also among those deemed qualified to submit a nomination for the prize. The nominations require no invitation and as long they are entered before 1 February of the qualifying year, they will be accepted.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54092960

Mr Trump been nominated before.

And for the second time, he has Mr Tybring-Gjedde to thank. In 2018, the right-wing politician was one of two Norwegian lawmakers to nominate Mr Trump for the same prize, then for his efforts to bring reconciliation to North and South Korea.
Mr Trump did not take home the prize that year, but Mr Tybring-Gjedde, a member of the conservative Progress Party, insists the US president meets the criteria this time.

Christian Tybring-Gjedde told Fox News on Wednesday: "For his merit, I think he has done more trying to create peace between nations than most other peace prize nominees."

Adding that he was not a big Trump supporter, he added. "The committee should look at the facts and judge him on the facts - not on the way he behaves sometimes."

boxcar
09-09-2020, 09:13 PM
Who gets to nominate a person?

For a nomination alone, the barrier to entry is low: all nominations from heads of state or politicians serving at a national level are accepted.

University professors, directors of foreign policy institutes, past recipients of a Nobel Prize and members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee are also among those deemed qualified to submit a nomination for the prize. The nominations require no invitation and as long they are entered before 1 February of the qualifying year, they will be accepted.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54092960

Mr Trump been nominated before.

And for the second time, he has Mr Tybring-Gjedde to thank. In 2018, the right-wing politician was one of two Norwegian lawmakers to nominate Mr Trump for the same prize, then for his efforts to bring reconciliation to North and South Korea.
Mr Trump did not take home the prize that year, but Mr Tybring-Gjedde, a member of the conservative Progress Party, insists the US president meets the criteria this time.

Christian Tybring-Gjedde told Fox News on Wednesday: "For his merit, I think he has done more trying to create peace between nations than most other peace prize nominees."

Adding that he was not a big Trump supporter, he added. "The committee should look at the facts and judge him on the facts - not on the way he behaves sometimes."

Trump's nomination must really get up your nose, and perhaps even other orifices as well. I can't recall you ever posting something beyond a couple of lines long. I think this unprecedented for you.

Congratulations. I didn't think you had much more than a one-liner in you. :ThmbUp:

davew
09-09-2020, 10:38 PM
he will never get it

he needs a slogan like 'hope and change to give away countries wealth and turn USA into 3rd world country'

fast4522
09-10-2020, 01:27 AM
Trump's nomination must really get up your nose, and perhaps even other orifices as well. I can't recall you ever posting something beyond a couple of lines long. I think this unprecedented for you.

Congratulations. I didn't think you had much more than a one-liner in you. :ThmbUp:

What is obvious is the policy of John Robert Bolton and those who are in alignment with him are a fail. So anyone here who is glued to a party who shared that policy would never admit anything. Outside the past has potential unless we revert.

boxcar
09-10-2020, 09:40 AM
he will never get it

he needs a slogan like 'hope and change to give away countries wealth and turn USA into 3rd world country'

Oh, yeah, I loved that slogan. Do you have any change to spare, brother; I'm hoping you do? :rolleyes:

davew
09-10-2020, 10:52 AM
Oh, yeah, I loved that slogan. Do you have any change to spare, brother; I'm hoping you do? :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLdZtU-RhPI

Andy Asaro
12-10-2020, 11:23 AM
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1337067073051238400

tucker6
12-10-2020, 11:52 AM
still winning.

hcap
12-10-2020, 12:07 PM
still winning.
Trumpites still whining
FTFY

46zilzal
12-10-2020, 12:08 PM
The late Idi Amin is more qualified

clicknow
12-10-2020, 01:26 PM
he will never get it

He did turn the US into a 3rd world country during the covid epidemic. That's why he lost.

PaceAdvantage
12-10-2020, 01:29 PM
Look at these two lunatics above me.

PaceAdvantage
12-10-2020, 01:31 PM
The late Idi Amin is more qualifiedThe destruction of the USA by Democrats is now complete.

Too bad Idi Amin isn't still around...I would love to see him work you over.

tucker6
12-10-2020, 01:34 PM
He did turn the US into a 3rd world country during the covid epidemic. That's why he lost.
Remember, you're supposed to be in-the-middle and non-partisan. Don't blow your cover. :lol:

clicknow
12-10-2020, 02:27 PM
Remember, you're supposed to be in-the-middle and non-partisan. Don't blow your cover. :lol:

No cover to blow. I've been clear from Day One that I would not vote for Trump.

Being the lock-stepper you are, it appears you do have great difficulty understanding what non-partisan actually means.

lamboguy
12-10-2020, 03:20 PM
he deserved the award by a mile. congratulations to him..

davew
12-10-2020, 03:23 PM

it was some big city mayors and governors that turned their areas.

Andy Asaro
12-10-2020, 04:15 PM
https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/status/1337135172630827011

thaskalos
12-10-2020, 05:16 PM
Give him the award, I say...as a going away present. :ThmbUp:

woodtoo
12-10-2020, 05:49 PM
Look at these two lunatics above me.

I know right, certifiable.:lol:

46zilzal
12-11-2020, 08:19 AM
The destruction of the USA by Democrats is now complete.

Too bad Idi Amin isn't still around...I would love to see him work you over.

Typical: everything degenerates to threats of violence

PaceAdvantage
12-11-2020, 11:26 AM
Typical: everything degenerates to threats of violenceYou brought the butcher up. If only you actually knew who you were talking about.

Your low IQ is showing.

Where did you get your degree from anyway? A foreign university?

46zilzal
12-11-2020, 11:34 AM
Where did you get your degree from anyway? A foreign university?

3 of them all domestic

woodtoo
12-11-2020, 11:47 AM
Typical: everything degenerates to threats of violence

Threats of violence, you're a real hoot!:lol:

Actor
12-12-2020, 01:22 AM
https://people.com/politics/joe-biden-nominated-nobel-peace-prize/

MargieRose
12-12-2020, 01:49 AM
https://people.com/politics/joe-biden-nominated-nobel-peace-prize/On Monday, a member of British Parliament announced that he had nominated Biden, 77, for the coveted award, telling The Evening Standard in the U.K. that his nomination was based on, in his words, the Democrat's strength in political debate and argument. :bang: http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/facebook-cute-giggle-smiley-emoticon.gif

46zilzal
12-12-2020, 12:00 PM
Like nominating Mussolini

46zilzal
12-12-2020, 02:45 PM
on par to EASILY be the 94th worst president of all time

PaceAdvantage
12-22-2020, 02:22 AM
You still put up the dumbest posts though...for a doctor.

So we may be rid of the 94th worst POTUS (HUH?) but we'll still have to suffer through you here on off-topic.

hcap
12-22-2020, 06:18 AM
You still put up the dumbest posts though...for a doctor.

So we may be rid of the 94th worst POTUS (HUH?) but we'll still have to suffer through you here on off-topic.Even FAUX viewers.

(CNN)Poll of the week: A new Fox News poll finds that 42% of voters say history will remember President Donald Trump as one of the worst presidents ever.

And he is not gone yet....28 days and counting.

Tom
12-22-2020, 05:00 PM
Trump DWARF'S Obama's foreign policy achievements.
Obama had none.:lol::lol::lol:

Poor SPOOT - has such a feeble, weak mind he needs polls - too stupid to make his own decisions.

fast4522
12-22-2020, 05:13 PM
Trump DWARF'S Obama's foreign policy achievements.
Obama had none.:lol::lol::lol:

Poor SPOOT - has such a feeble, weak mind he needs polls - too stupid to make his own decisions.

Exactly!