PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of 1619?

ultracapper
09-07-2020, 01:02 PM
Project 1619.

The United States was formed in 1619, the first year slaves were brought to North America. Also, the Revolutionary War was fought to preserve slavery.

Look it up.

Oh yea. The state of California has approved teaching this in it's schools.

Revisionist history is absolutely getting out of control.

Greyfox
09-07-2020, 01:14 PM
Project 1619.

The United States was formed in 1619, the first year slaves were brought to North America. Also, the Revolutionary War was fought to preserve slavery.

Look it up.

Oh yea. The state of California has approved teaching this in it's schools.

Revisionist history is absolutely getting out of control.

Over 4,500 schools have signed up for the 1619 Project.

Ms. Hannah-Jones who wrote it is a "Racist" who previously wrote
that the "White Race" is
"the biggest murderer, rapist, pillager, and thief of the modern world,"

She wrote that 1619 Project with the idea of Reparations for Blacks in mind and
doesn't acknowledge that 349,000 Union Soldiers paid in Blood to Abolish Slavery.

garyscpa
09-07-2020, 02:44 PM
Over 4,500 schools have signed up for the 1619 Project.

Ms. Hannah-Jones who wrote it is a "Racist" who previously wrote
that the "White Race" is
"the biggest murderer, rapist, pillager, and thief of the modern world,"

She wrote that 1619 Project with the idea of Reparations for Blacks in mind and
doesn't acknowledge that 349,000 Union Soldiers paid in Blood to Abolish Slavery.

If that's what they were fighting for.

ultracapper
09-07-2020, 03:13 PM
If that's what they were fighting for.

Lincoln handled a very difficult balancing act between save the union and free the slaves as adeptly as any one could have. Truly, the union was fighting for both. He never would have been able to effect one without the other.

Stevecsd2
09-07-2020, 04:18 PM
Well, someone should fact check her book. The Spanish brought slaves to the area of present day Georgia in 1526. It didn't last long though for the Spanish there in the Georgia.

ultracapper
09-07-2020, 04:54 PM
In any revisionist history effort, only selected "facts" are considered. Revisionist history never looks at the whole picture. It can't. In the effort to revise the history, by definition, you're denying or ignoring that which is already noted. Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson were a proven slaveholders. Never mind all that other stuff they did and thought. Just ignore totally what the society of the day looked like.

Revising history to further an agenda is about the most dangerous thing a society can endure. And it's carried out by opportunists and liars.

RunForTheRoses
09-07-2020, 05:06 PM
Brainwashing:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2624201&postcount=14

ultracapper
09-07-2020, 06:16 PM
I see you were already aware. I just saw it today for the first time. Trump is threatening to withhold funds to California if they teach that shit. I hope he follows through. It's horse puck and unnecessary. Any point that needs to be made, any changes that need to be made in the today, can be made without changing the narrative of history to some kind of agenda driven fairy tale.

Marshall Bennett
09-07-2020, 07:13 PM
If that's what they were fighting for.You said it. High tariffs and the ability to financially exist. The Union squeezed them to their knees. War was the only option.
The Union was guilty of owning slaves as well. Funny how history tells itself, especially now.
Kids and adults both are lied to all the time. Why would schools be any different?

MargieRose
09-07-2020, 07:15 PM
I see you were already aware. I just saw it today for the first time. Trump is threatening to withhold funds to California if they teach that shit. I hope he follows through. It's horse puck and unnecessary. Any point that needs to be made, any changes that need to be made in the today, can be made without changing the narrative of history to some kind of agenda driven fairy tale.Read how this racist project is being pitched to the schools with the backing of The New York Times Magazine:

Analyze and Discuss: The 1619 Project Video Introduction (https://pulitzercenter.org/builder/lesson/analyze-and-discuss-1619-project-video-introduction-27998)

ultracapper
09-07-2020, 08:43 PM
You said it. High tariffs and the ability to financially exist. The Union squeezed them to their knees. War was the only option.
The Union was guilty of owning slaves as well. Funny how history tells itself, especially now.
Kids and adults both are lied to all the time. Why would schools be any different?

Hahahaha. Southern apologists have been some of the biggest revisionists in US history. There were other reasons for the 2 region's difference, but everything was secondary to unification and abolition. The financial squeeze that was applied to the south in the 25 years before the war were efforts to get them to reform. If the south wouldn't have been so arrogant and protective of a way of life that anyone at that time could see would need to change, the pressures the north put on the south wouldn't have been applied. The south didn't want to conform to the world of the industrial revolution, and they paid for it with everything.

Dahoss2002
09-07-2020, 08:50 PM
I see you were already aware. I just saw it today for the first time. Trump is threatening to withhold funds to California if they teach that shit. I hope he follows through. It's horse puck and unnecessary. Any point that needs to be made, any changes that need to be made in the today, can be made without changing the narrative of history to some kind of agenda driven fairy tale.

:headbanger:

jimmyb
09-08-2020, 01:28 PM
They're going to teach 'white people suck' in our schools. Sounds racist to me.

Greyfox
09-08-2020, 08:47 PM
The 1619 Project is racist and was written by a racist.

Senator Tom Cotton introduced a Bill to stop the teaching of it.

Senator Cotton's bill---> https://www.cotton.senate.gov/files/documents/200723%20Saving%20American%20History%20Act.pdf

RunForTheRoses
09-18-2020, 10:19 PM
4 More Years:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8745067/Donald-Trump-calls-1619-Project-critical-race-theory-toxic-propaganda-child-abuse.html

davew
11-11-2020, 12:37 AM
I am now in favor of reparations. For those that FEEL they need it, I suggest a government paid one way plane ticket to wherever they came from.:ThmbUp:

TJDave
11-11-2020, 04:41 AM
I am now in favor of reparations. For those that FEEL they need it, I suggest a government paid one way plane ticket to wherever they came from.:ThmbUp:

Where did you come from?

I’m guessing that back in the day, there weren’t any Native Americans named Dave.

boxcar
11-11-2020, 07:54 AM
They're going to teach 'white people suck' in our schools. Sounds racist to me.

It's a new kool way of promoting unity, harmony and optimism in this country. :coffee: