PDA

View Full Version : Bush says he has THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE

formula_2002
11-04-2004, 11:40 AM
he is a bit short..about 15 million.
It would be a good for him to hold onto that thought...but he wont.

Another King George.

Joe M

Show Me the Wire
11-04-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by formula_2002
Bush says he has THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE.

Joe M

That statement is true. In a pure democracy the will of the people is a simple majority. The President won the simple majority by a significant amount, approximately 3.5 million more endorsements than Sen. Kerry. Also the President won the simple majority of States by a significant margin.

The will of the People in a republic is represented through the amount of electoral votes (votes weighted by population size) garnered through the election process. President Bush won the electoral vote by a significant margin too.

Therefore, anyway you define it President Bush has the will of the people.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

Perception is reality

GameTheory
11-04-2004, 12:19 PM
SMTW --

You're back! Where did you end up? NM?

Show Me the Wire
11-04-2004, 12:25 PM
GT:

Arizona, Phoenix area. Not there yet, full-time though, still trying to tie things up back here.

So my participation will be spotty.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

Perception is reality

Show Me the Wire
11-04-2004, 12:27 PM
BTW really like Arizona. Only problem purses at Turf Paradise are really small.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

perception is reality

formula_2002
11-04-2004, 02:02 PM
"That statement is true. In a pure democracy the will of the people is a simple majority"

Pure Bushies speak.

The intent of 15 million votes can not be ignored.
But he will ignore them, and we all will bare the burden of his poor judgement. I can only hope that I am wrong..

Joe M

cj
11-04-2004, 02:21 PM
Hell, even Walter Mondale had millions of votes, does that mean President Reagan didn't have the "will of the people?"

formula_2002
11-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by cj
Hell, even Walter Mondale had millions of votes, does that mean President Reagan didn't have the "will of the people?"
I didn't have a problem with Regan, I voted for him twice,
but we got a 3% spread here and I am very concerned that this president does not understand that, nor does he care.

http://elections.channel.aol.com/president/

cj
11-04-2004, 04:09 PM
I didn't have a problem with Regan, I voted for him twice,
but we got a 3% spread here and I am very concerned that this president does not understand that, nor does he care.

http://elections.channel.aol.com/president/

To be frank, he doesn't really have to be very concerned with the 48%. He not only won decisively, he increased both Houses of Congress on his coattails substantially.

The good news is he should be able to accomplish just about anything he wants to accomplish. No excuses for the President, lets see how he does.

JustRalph
11-04-2004, 04:22 PM
He has gained a bunch of "Will" today with anybody who has money in the markets..............

so.cal.fan
11-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Hey, Show Me The Wire!

Nice to hear from you!

Arizona? Well, warmer than Chicago, I think.
Hope you have good luck at Turf Paradise.....never been there but I hear it's a nice little place, as far as treating the horseman well, at least it used to be?

formula_2002
11-04-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
He has gained a bunch of "Will" today with anybody who has money in the markets..............

I made plenty today.. but I'm not so sure its worth the price of GWB's "will of the people" banter .

formula_2002
11-04-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by cj
To be frank, he doesn't really have to be very concerned with the 48%.

Thats exactly my concern.. !!

48% is not chopped liver

schweitz
11-04-2004, 05:49 PM
Thats exactly my concern.. !!

48% is not chopped liver

And if Kerry won you are convinced that he would bend over backwards for the the other 48% even though on many issues the sides are polar opposites? How exactly does that work? I think that maybe you would be less concerned about that other 48% if your guy takes care of the reasons that you voted for him. I know the reasons I voted for Bush and I expect him not to cave in to the other side on many issues---of course there are also many issues that I hope both sides can come to agreement on.

GameTheory
11-04-2004, 05:52 PM
I actually see think you'll see him move to the center a bit for a second-term. Not that it will matter -- we never really get to talk about what Bush actually does right or wrong because most of the other side thinks he does EVERYTHING wrong (extremely wrong) no matter what it is. There needs to be some intelletual honest to the criticism if you want some honest debate, but there is very very little...

JustRalph
11-04-2004, 06:08 PM
I am not so sure about a move to the center. Why? He has pissed off the right for the last four years. Especially on spending. so.........you might see a move to the right.....if you ask me. What does he have to lose?

Show Me the Wire
11-04-2004, 06:50 PM
Schweitz:

Good question, to Formula, about how polar opposites could be reconciled. The answer is, as you know, they can’t.

Formula is concerned with the new spin put out by the left, regarding Bush’s illegitimate Presidency. The Democrats are looking to milk the illegitimacy presidency angle. This illegitimate presidency rationale allows them to continue to make negative attacks on the President and justifies the Democrats penchant for uncooperative behavior. Liberal Democrats believe President Bush did not in 2000 represent the will of the people and now in 2004 he does not represent the will of the people, because people voted for Sen. Kerry.

After the 2000 election the Liberal Elite squawked about the popular vote. Their mantra was and still is Bush’s presidency is illegitimate, because, in 2000, Gore won the popular vote so President Bush really did not represent mainstream America.

To the Liberal Elite’s dismay Bush’s presidency has been validated and legitimized by his strong showing in the popular vote, state by state vote and the electoral vote, in this election. As a result their new spin is, Bush’s presidency is illegitimate, because Kerry received votes too and therefore Bush does not represent mainstream America.

What should concern the Liberal Elite is President Bush won a decisive, not a divisive, victory, notwithstanding the Liberal Elite’s belief that they are more in-tune with mainstream America than President Bush 4 years after the 2000 election and that they, the Liberal Elite, cannot understand why the 2004 election was a blood bath for them.

Hint: All Liberal Elite policy makers should read the open letter in another post on this forum and look at the election map, especially the South and the “Fly-over” states.

Btw, Formula what is a Bushie? Is it someone that correctly defines the will of the people?

And yes SoCal Arizona is much warmer than Chicago now!!

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

perception is reality

formula_2002
11-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by schweitz
And if Kerry won you are convinced that he would bend over backwards for the the other 48% even though on many issues the sides are polar opposites?

I most certainly would hope not.

But at least they ( the 48%) would have a voice because Kerry is
negotiable. I dont think Bush has that capacity. He (bush) is the one to fear.

formula_2002
11-04-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Show Me the Wire
Schweitz:

Formula is concerned with the new spin put out by the left, regarding Bush’s illegitimate Presidency.

I know of nothing that would prove an illegitimate presidency.

I'm just one of those 4 million New Yorker's that think...Kerry is the best man for the job.

GameTheory
11-04-2004, 07:29 PM
I am not so sure about a move to the center. Why? He has pissed off the right for the last four years. Especially on spending. so.........you might see a move to the right.....if you ask me. What does he have to lose? He has nothing to gain by only playing to his base now either. I do not see him letting up on the Iraq/terror issue, but I think he'll be looking to achieve broad consensus on domestic policy. I think he actually does care about the divisiveness and will be looking to do something about it. However, chances are he will again be demonized no matter what he does, and with Supreme Court appointments likely coming up I'm sure he'll take heat for whoever he chooses. Hopefully, the moderate left will see that they've let the radical element take over their party and will take ahold of it again. I agree with Tom that we need viable alternatives on both sides -- any party that gets too entrenched can only be bad in the long-run...

schweitz
11-04-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by GameTheory
Hopefully, the moderate left will see that they've let the radical element take over their party and will take ahold of it again. I agree with Tom that we need viable alternatives on both sides -- any party that gets too entrenched can only be bad in the long-run...

And I agree with both of you.

chickenhead
11-04-2004, 08:09 PM
The problem is that 9/11 confounded a lot of the popular wisdom in liberal circles...and people have not yet come to grips with the reality of that day and days since.

There were serious problems before 9/11 to be sure...this has been a long time coming....but 9/11 has torn the democratic party to pieces, even though a lot of them don't realize it.

Many many liberals want to beleive 9/11 happened because they weren't more liberal, because they didn't yell louder, because there were too many Republicans getting in the way....it is absolutely too ugly to consider that it may have happened because they got too much of what they wanted. That their own plans may have unwittingly helped this along. That is much much too ugly to think about. These are good people, good Americans, they can't bear to think that of themselves...so they've projected all that guilt and fear outwards onto one man and onto one party...no matter how illogical it might be.

They will come to grips with it at some point, I hope.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-04-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by chickenhead
...so they've projected all that guilt and fear outwards onto one man and onto one party...no matter how illogical it might be.

I think many willingly let themselves lose control - the new election offered a 'jump ball' situation, and they were going all out (no blood-no foul) to get 'the ball' back.

hurrikane
11-04-2004, 09:20 PM
You know...I just don't get it.

Anyone that thinks the President rules this county is an idiot.

Anyone that thinks the President is going to destroy the county in next the 4 yrs is an idiot.

Anyone that thinks all the problems in this county is the result of President is an idiot.

Have I covered everything Joe?

hurrikane
11-04-2004, 09:23 PM
The bottom line is

no one could put up an option. There was not one viable option

Why turn the county over to anyone without a vision at a time like this.

Why?

Again...Why?

I just don't get what the bitching is all about.

Chicken little bunch of mf'ers I guess.

chickenhead
11-04-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Steve'StatMan'BTW
I think many willingly let themselves lose control - the new election offered a 'jump ball' situation, and they were going all out (no blood-no foul) to get 'the ball' back.

when the moderates rocked back on their heels...to actually think about things....you're right, the fringe pushed it's way right through to the front. They didn't need to reflect, they don't reflect.

Tom
11-04-2004, 10:03 PM

I'm just one of those 4 million New Yorker's that think...Kerry is the best man for the job.

I am a New Yorker who is embarrassed to live in one of the worst run states in the union. :(

But will of the people? Bush has more people voting for him than Bill Clinton did either term.

SMTW.....great to hear from you again.

JustRalph
11-04-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by chickenhead
when the moderates rocked back on their heels...to actually think about things....you're right, the fringe pushed it's way right through to the front. They didn't need to reflect, they don't reflect.

The Fringe? Now that is funny. Apparently there are more members of the "Fringe" than any other group.

Your right though. we don't have to stop or rock back on our heels to make decisions. we have vision and clarity. We are guided by morality and a sense of right and wrong.

The next time you watch a race and the lead horses get slower in the lane ( or rocked back on their heels by fatigue) and you see another horse duck through a tight spot on the rail, or split a couple of failures on the way to a victory, remember that horse that is "pushing its way to the front" is known as The Leader

Secretariat
11-04-2004, 11:38 PM
He has the Will of the People in the Deep South, the mountain states, and the plains states.

He does not have the will of the people in New England, and Mid Atlantic States, the Great Lakes states except for Ohio and Indiana, nor does he have the will of the people in the West Coast States.

In the places most affected by terrorism Bush probably has the least support. Kerry had 75% of the New York City vote, and the DC vote and Northern VA vote which was where terrorism struck on 911. Add in New Jersey which had the 2nd highest casualties and went for Kerry, and you realize that those most affected by 911 chose to go a different way than Bush.

NoDayJob
11-04-2004, 11:42 PM

:D Excuse me! Shouldn't that be "WAS the best man for the job"? BTW I didn't vote for either of these turkeys. Voted for myself...it's a matter of trust. Didn't trust or believe either of them. :D

NDJ

Tom
11-04-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
He has the Will of the People in the Deep South, the mountain states, and the plains states.

He does not have the will of the people in New England, and Mid Atlantic States, the Great Lakes states except for Ohio and Indiana, nor does he have the will of the people in the West Coast States.

In the places most affected by terrorism Bush probably has the least support. Kerry had 75% of the New York City vote, and the DC vote and Northern VA vote which was where terrorism struck on 911. Add in New Jersey which had the 2nd highest casualties and went for Kerry, and you realize that those most affected by 911 chose to go a different way than Bush.

Tough nuggies. Live with it. America is far more than two moron states - Cal and NY. YOU are one who spent months harping about the popular vote that Gore supposedly won. Now, you change your song. Bush got a higer percentage of votes than CLinton did in either of his terms. Didn't hear you bitching about that then. You better get more meds...it's going to be a long four years for you. BTW.....where is Ljb and Hcap????
Did they drink the Kool Aid Tuesday night??:D

JustRalph
11-05-2004, 01:51 AM
http://www.coxandforkum.com/archives/BRANDEDart450X.gif

kenwoodallpromos
11-05-2004, 05:00 AM
The blue states need to do what we did in Ca- 3 bil for stem cells; bonds for children's health care; millionaires pay 1% more tax for mental health.
What Bush won't give us we get from the state- and I got paid for collecting signatures. LOL.
2008 Miller runs on both parties' tickets. LOL.

boxcar
11-05-2004, 10:03 AM
GameTheory wrote:

He has nothing to gain by only playing to his base now either. I do not see him letting up on the Iraq/terror issue, but I think he'll be looking to achieve broad consensus on domestic policy. I think he actually does care about the divisiveness and will be looking to do something about it.

He may care about the "divisiveness", but your're right: He's going to be domonized by the Left no matter what he does.

Moreover, he has plenty to gain by playing to his base. Plenty! It was his base that got him elected! Don't forget: There was a record turnout -- a turnout the Dems kept insisting would work in their favor. But it didn't. It worked in Bush's. Bush would make a big mistake by ignoring or slighting or discounting us folks who put him in office.

Boxcar

GameTheory
11-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by boxcar
GameTheory wrote:

He has nothing to gain by only playing to his base now either. I do not see him letting up on the Iraq/terror issue, but I think he'll be looking to achieve broad consensus on domestic policy. I think he actually does care about the divisiveness and will be looking to do something about it.

He may care about the "divisiveness", but your're right: He's going to be domonized by the Left no matter what he does.

Moreover, he has plenty to gain by playing to his base. Plenty! It was his base that got him elected! Don't forget: There was a record turnout -- a turnout the Dems kept insisting would work in their favor. But it didn't. It worked in Bush's. Bush would make a big mistake by ignoring or slighting or discounting us folks who put him in office.
Trying to work with both sides and "ignoring or slighting" one side are not the same thing.

chickenhead
11-05-2004, 10:57 AM
The Fringe? Now that is funny. Apparently there are more members of the "Fringe" than any other group.

I'm just giving my opinion on why the far left has garnered such power within the party. If you don't agree with me, that's OK.

Living a stone's throw from Marin County and SF, I get a pretty fair look at what's going on, at least on this coast.

Richard
11-05-2004, 11:01 AM
If NY ,MA , and the west coast had their way,Mikhail Gorbachov would be our President.

boxcar
11-05-2004, 11:48 AM
GameTheory wrote:

Trying to work with both sides and "ignoring or slighting" one side are not the same thing.

You forgot "disounting", didn't you?

Bush has very, very little to gain now by pandering to the Left, and, therefore, discounting all the reasons for his strong base support.

Moreover, you have to understand what the Left means when they say that Bush "must now reach out" or that he "must try to find middle ground" (i.e. comprimise). The Left is in denial and can't accept the fact that the public rejected its candidate, rejected its platform and rejected its values not only by reelecting Bush but by padding control in both Houses. What the Left wants Bush to do is reach out to them, but believe me when I tell you that the Left is not at all concerned about reciprocating by reaching out to Bush.

Do you believe for a moment that if Kerry had won the election that the Dems wouldn't be claiming a mandate from the citizens? Isn't it the Left who touts all the advantages to a pure democracy? Of all the virtues of majority rule? Funny how they want to ignore the majority when the majority rejects Liberalsim.

I was happy to hear Bush say in yesterday's press conference that he has earned "capital" from the election, and he fully intends to spend it! And you know what? That capital didn't come from the Left!

Boxcar

kenwoodallpromos
11-05-2004, 01:55 PM
This will be my lasr post on why Bush won because Demos will never understand.
Bush will do exactly what he did after 2000- do what the majority of those who voted for him wanted.
First I expect him to firem Powell and some others: then have congress write a doctrine to work toward "freedom and liberty" (democracy) in the Middle East.

cryptic1
11-05-2004, 08:03 PM
To a degree Chickenhead may be right in that the Democratic
party has a tendency to nominate leaders who are unelectable
such as Kerry and Dukakis(?). It seems that what we call in
Canada large L liberals, take control of the party and steer a
course that is far too liberal to be palatable to the majority of
the country. In every political party different wings may be in
ascendancy at different times. It appears that the northeast
liberals and their acolytes (the media and intellectual elite) moved
the party to positions that the majority of americans rejected.
Specifically their position on the war, on the role of U.N., the
need to act in concert with other nations as opposed to
unilaterally, and of course differing views of morality. There are
ebbs and flows in alll parties and by 2008 the centrist wing of
the Democratic party might be in ascendancy with a much
different message and tone. Today, George Bush, his
convictions and beliefs, best mirror the wishes of the majority of
americans and whether the rest of the world likes it or not, he
will continue to act on his vision.

cryptic1

Richard
11-05-2004, 08:41 PM
What really ticks me is that some media pundits talk about how President Bush is supposed to "reach out"to the Democrats to somehow unify the country.Well pundits,it's wake up time.Bush has successfully reached out to a majority of this nation.John Kerry's (and in addition,the Democrat Party)ideas were straight up rejected.It's the Dems(the leadership of the Party) who need some serious introspection in relation to what they stand and/or what they think they stand for and do the reaching out.

Tom
11-05-2004, 09:30 PM
I agree. They want to united the country, come to OUR side. I am not about to compromise a single one of my principles to make a bunch of losers feel better. They were flat out wrong and nothing
changes that. With the beliefs of the dnc as they are, I have no desire to unite this country.

Lefty
11-06-2004, 11:57 AM
Bush reached out to Dems several times during first term and what happened? They called him a liar and a Nazi. Kennedy who Bush reached out to on education said Bush concocted the Iraq war in Texas for political gain. How can you reach out to a group who won't reach back and bite your hand to boot? Dems idea of comprimise is to do everything their way.

kenwoodallpromos
11-06-2004, 01:03 PM
"Anyone that thinks the President is going to destroy the county in next the 4 yrs is an idiot."
So was Teresa joking about Bush and "4 more years of hell"? Or does the above apply to her?

JustRalph
11-06-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
"Anyone that thinks the President is going to destroy the county in next the 4 yrs is an idiot."
So was Teresa joking about Bush and "4 more years of hell"? Or does the above apply to her?

Don't forget what Cher said...........

"bush is going to make Gays and Lesbian's live in a state of their own"

Tom
11-06-2004, 05:10 PM
Don't forget what Cher said...........

"bush is going to make Gays and Lesbian's live in a state of their own"
How about Montana? Isn't the capital....Butt?;)

Show Me the Wire
11-06-2004, 08:39 PM
And I am sure it won't be in the state of matrimony.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

perception is reality

Show Me the Wire
11-06-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Tom
How about Montana? Isn't the capital....Butt?;)

chortle, chortle.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

perception is reality

Secretariat
11-06-2004, 11:55 PM
One more person who was not part of Bush's Will of the People....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,137837,00.html

Sad.

Lefty
11-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Anyone who kills himself over an election is either mentally disturbed or an idiot. He won't be around to vote for Hillary.

boxcar
11-07-2004, 12:17 AM
Secretariat wrote:

Sad.

Hey...look at it this way: If this life was so bad with Bush at the helm, shouldn't this sad sack be one happy camper in the next one? (Just throwin' this out as food for thought for you Libs.)

Boxcar

Steve 'StatMan'
11-07-2004, 12:43 AM
Sad news, but people have problems sometimes. It isn't going to change anything, and it sure doesn't mean the guy who killed himself's opinion about the election was the one the nation should have supported. I suppose if he no longer wished to live among us, that's his perogative, sad as it is. Or he may have become so depressed he lost his better judgement, in which case it wasn't his perogative, but something that can overcome a person if they aren't careful.

Maybe there would be a few people commiting suicide no matter who won this election. (Maybe every election, just not this dramatic). I know I was really depressed that it would go the other way. Nothing tragic like what overwhelmed this poor fellow, but enough to leave me mentally and physically exausted all this week - even given the results I had looked for.

Sec, I can tell you're quite depressed, and obviously Joe is too. And Sec, I know you're going through some tough family times. Just be careful, OK guys. There's still a lot good things to do and enjoy in life here in the U.S.A no matter who the is our leader. We've got some races to pick and win, handicapping challenges to solve, personal challenges to face and overcome, etc. We can disagree a lot on politics, but hopefully we can keep all our racing friendships intact.

If you need to see a doctor, it can be a very good thing - for me, it was among the very best things I ever did - worth paying for out of my own pocket after my insurance expired. I myself have struggled with periods of clinical depression throughout my life, but didn't understand what it was until the late 90's when it hit me really hard and I got the help I needed. If I'm off base, and you guys are doing alright, then I'm glad - hopefully what I've said can help someone else, if not now, sometime down the road.

JustRalph
11-07-2004, 02:41 AM
Anybody Heard from LJB?

wes
11-07-2004, 08:06 AM
Anybody Heard from LJB.

He got flusterated and fleeted to the forest.

wes

formula_2002
11-07-2004, 09:49 AM

Sad.

Unfortunatel, he had a greater unresolved issue.

More than most of us will "hang" around and stay part of the mix.

Buckeye
11-07-2004, 09:55 AM
Suicide is the cowardly way out.

Ask any terrorist.

doophus
11-07-2004, 10:44 AM
Anybody Heard from LJB? LJB is attempting to navigate to Arizona via only the blue counties.:D

Lefty
11-07-2004, 11:42 AM
lbj is still puzzling why America elected W to keep taking the fight to the terrorists when he and Michael Moore keep asserting there is no terrorist threat.

Tom
11-07-2004, 11:48 AM

Sad.

Sec, befroe you start playing this game, let me remind you that Bush won the popular vote by over 1.5 million votes. If you keep insisting on posting each individual person who is mad, I will post each won who is happy and you will run out of names long before I will.
Instead off crying and whinning for four years, why don't YOU start your campagne today. Since the only thing that counts is winning, you could do no worse that Kerry did.

Riddle? How are Kerry and Nader alike?
Answer: They both lost to Bush.

Riddle? How are Kerry and Nader different?
Answer: No none thought Nader had a chance.

But Kerry did dinish second....which makes him FIRST loser.

BTW,,the guy in your link....Natural Selection at work.

JustRalph
11-07-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by doophus
LJB is attempting to navigate to Arizona via only the blue counties.:D

Now that was good..........! :D

Tom
11-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by doophus
LJB is attempting to navigate to Arizona via only the blue counties.:D

Political "Twister?";)

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Tom
Sec, befroe you start playing this game, let me remind you that Bush won the popular vote by over 1.5 million votes.

DON'T SELL HIM SHORT TOM! He won by over 3.5 million votes.

cj
11-08-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by wes
Anybody Heard from LJB.

He got flusterated and fleeted to the forest.

wes

Who? :D

formula_2002
11-09-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage

or just 3%

Steve 'StatMan'
11-09-2004, 03:25 PM
Since this threat has become active again, thought I'd share a pertinent post from SQ764 in another thread regarding the man who commited suicide at Ground Zero. Seems he wasn't necessarily upset about the election results, according to the news story (see link)

He was a wackjob..
I think this explains:

1) If you read the letter he wrote, I think there's no doubt he was a wacko..

2) He killed himself over a woman, not the election

<http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/33757.htm>

Buckeye
11-09-2004, 04:27 PM
Even stupider (word?) than I thought.

Lefty
11-09-2004, 04:45 PM
formula, that number has grown to 5% plus, don't forget the coattails.

formula_2002
11-09-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
formula, that number has grown to 5% plus, don't forget the coattails.

you just made a better case for our inhumanity..

Buckeye
11-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Oh, now we have a "humanity" factor to consider.

Excuse me, I thought this was a (Republican) democracy.

You lost, d-e-a-l with it.

Lefty
11-09-2004, 06:18 PM
formula, you just made a better case for being a bad loser.
But if you really want to inject humanity into it: Isn't Bush the one
that's Pro life, hmmmm?

Tom
11-09-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage

Oopps. Typo.:rolleyes:

Tom
11-09-2004, 06:30 PM
or just 3%

Last time I looked, 3% was a majority.
Would you be griping ik Kerry won by 3%?
I don't think so.

formula_2002
11-09-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye
Oh, now we have a "humanity" factor to consider.

Excuse me, I thought this was a (Republican) democracy.

You lost, d-e-a-l with it.

What are we if we dont have humanity to consider? (no response required). Just think about it.

Lefty
11-09-2004, 07:15 PM
formula, think you need to think about it. Bush and the people who voted for him stand with humanity in not blving in abortion and in believing we should protect this country against terrorists and in blving people want to be free so as a nice by-product of fighting terrorism we have freed 2 countries.

formula_2002
11-09-2004, 09:25 PM
formula, think you need to think about it. Bush and the people who voted for him stand with humanity in not blving in abortion and in believing we should protect this country against terrorists and in blving people want to be free so as a nice by-product of fighting terrorism we have freed 2 countries.

Everyone believes the country should be protected.. even those that didn't vote for bush.

Abortion has already been clarified by the supreme court, so that should not be an issue.

You can teach others our understanding of what freedom means to us with having to kill them to live it.

Joe M

Lefty
11-09-2004, 10:06 PM
form, abortion was not clarified, the Supremes made new law. But that aside, then what's your def of humanity? Don't be like lbj and just throw out crap to buildup your arm.

formula_2002
11-10-2004, 05:59 AM
form, abortion was not clarified, the Supremes made new law. But that aside, then what's your def of humanity? Don't be like lbj and just throw out crap to buildup your arm.

The Surreme Court is the "Arbiter of the Law". They don't make law they interpet the law. More specifically, they interpert the Constitution. I'm going back about 30 years since my last law class, but I think I have that right. Check it out for your self.

http://www.supremecourtus.gov/

formula_2002
11-10-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Tom
Last time I looked, 3% was a majority.
Would you be griping ik Kerry won by 3%?
I don't think so.

I would be concerned that he won by such a small margin, but hopeful that he would best represent our spirit.

With bush's win, I'm fearful of the unworthy burdens he will place upon us. These unworthy burdens will give a dem or a centrist republican the best hopes for the presidency.

Equineer
11-10-2004, 09:53 AM
form, abortion was not clarified, the Supremes made new law. But that aside, then what's your def of humanity? Don't be like lbj and just throw out crap to buildup your arm. Good news for Pro-Lifers!

It appears that Rowe Vs Wade will finally be overturned now that the Pro-Life Movement will have the support of the Famous Breeders Association (FBA).

MTV insiders are telling friends that initial FBA funding will come from Howard Stern, Puff Daddy, Eminem, Kobe Bryant, Ray Lewis, Derek Jeter, and other famous entertainers/athletes.

Plans call for the FBA to enlist chick magnets from the ranks of entertainers and athletes. On its web site, MTV is expected to feature a Procreation Guide that will track the travel and appearance schedules for FBA entertainers and athletes.

boxcar
11-10-2004, 10:20 AM
formula_2002 wrote:

The Surreme Court is the "Arbiter of the Law". They don't make law they interpet the law. More specifically, they interpert the Constitution. I'm going back about 30 years since my last law class, but I think I have that right. Check it out for your self.

Get real already! The way things are [b]supposed to be and the way they often actually play out are two entirely different things. Were you issued a visa before you left your planet, or are you another illegal alien -- more clueless than the Man in the Moon?

Boxcar
P.S. Since you don't believe that liberal activist judges routinely legislate from the bench, I have a beautiful piece of real estate in the Everglades to sell you.

formula_2002
11-10-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by boxcar
formula_2002 wrote:

Get real already! The way things are [b]supposed to be and the way they often actually play out are two entirely different things. Were you issued a visa before you left your planet, or are you another illegal alien -- more clueless than the Man in the Moon?

I'll let the Bush supporters straighten out one of their own.

I'll give them that much credit.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-10-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Equineer
Good news for Pro-Lifers!

It appears that Rowe Vs Wade will finally be overturned now that the Pro-Life Movement will have the support of the Famous Breeders Association (FBA).

MTV insiders are telling friends that initial FBA funding will come from Howard Stern, Puff Daddy, Eminem, Kobe Bryant, Ray Lewis, Derek Jeter, and other famous entertainers/athletes.

Plans call for the FBA to enlist chick magnets from the ranks of entertainers and athletes. On its web site, MTV is expected to feature a Procreation Guide that will track the travel and appearance schedules for FBA entertainers and athletes.

Fine Print: This offer void in Colorado ;)

Equineer
11-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Steve'StatMan'BTW
Fine Print: This offer void in Colorado ;) Oops... forgot about that. Maybe the FBA will offer travel and lodging spiffs to facilitate a change in venue for a rendezvous with Colorado gals. :)

Lefty
11-10-2004, 11:24 AM
form, Boxcar bt me to the answer about the supremes, but hey, you never answered my question. What's your def of humanity? You said Bush being elected proves we have no humanity. So, what's your def or are you now hiding from your own statement?

formula_2002
11-10-2004, 11:44 AM
form, Boxcar bt me to the answer about the supremes, but hey, you never answered my question. What's your def of humanity? You said Bush being elected proves we have no humanity. So, what's your def or are you now hiding from your own statement?

A START WOULD BE NEEDLESS PRE-EMPTIVE KILLING.

Lefty
11-10-2004, 12:05 PM
form, that's what I thght. You libs just kill me. Not okay to kill terrorists but supremely ok to kill babies in the womb.Pun intended.
Saddam was a threat, we are fighting terrorists on their turf, not ours, but you libs never gonna get it, but enough of us do to elect the right man.