PDA

View Full Version : Sweden is Thriving, While We are Languishing

boxcar
09-04-2020, 04:29 PM
The Lockdown Has Gone From a Mistake to a Crime

Four months ago, I wrote a column titled “The Worldwide Lockdown May Be the Greatest Mistake in History.” I explained that “‘mistake’ and ‘evil’ are not synonyms. The lockdown is a mistake; the Holocaust, slavery, communism, fascism, etc., were evils. Massive mistakes are made by arrogant fools; massive evils are committed by evil people.”

Regarding the economic catastrophe in America and around the world — especially among the world’s poor who are dependent upon America and other first-world countries for their income through exports and tourism — I wrote, “It is panic and hysteria, not the coronavirus, that created this catastrophe.”

Unfortunately, I was right.

https://pjmedia.com/columns/dennis-prager/2020/09/01/the-lockdown-has-gone-from-a-mistake-to-a-crime-n871865

Valuist
12-10-2020, 10:20 PM
Great article from Celente on Sweden:

https://kingworldnews.com/celente-they-are-not-telling-the-world-the-truth-about-what-is-really-happening/

steveb
12-10-2020, 10:44 PM
The Lockdown Has Gone From a Mistake to a Crime

Four months ago, I wrote a column titled “The Worldwide Lockdown May Be the Greatest Mistake in History.” I explained that “‘mistake’ and ‘evil’ are not synonyms. The lockdown is a mistake; the Holocaust, slavery, communism, fascism, etc., were evils. Massive mistakes are made by arrogant fools; massive evils are committed by evil people.”

Regarding the economic catastrophe in America and around the world — especially among the world’s poor who are dependent upon America and other first-world countries for their income through exports and tourism — I wrote, “It is panic and hysteria, not the coronavirus, that created this catastrophe.”

Unfortunately, I was right.

https://pjmedia.com/columns/dennis-prager/2020/09/01/the-lockdown-has-gone-from-a-mistake-to-a-crime-n871865

If there is a bigger brain dead halfwit on this site than you, i would be very surprised.
Sweden is going about as well as Trump's United States is going, as far as Covid is concerned.......
S H I T H O U S E

Valuist
12-10-2020, 10:58 PM
If there is a bigger brain dead halfwit on this site than you, i would be very surprised.
Sweden is going about as well as Trump's United States is going, as far as Covid is concerned.......
S H I T H O U S E

Let's see....both Sweden and the state of Michigan have about 10 million residents.

Sweden didn't lockdown at all. 7k deaths. Michigan was one of the most heavily locked down states. 10.3k deaths with a similar population.

steveb
12-10-2020, 11:21 PM
Let's see....both Sweden and the state of Michigan have about 10 million residents.

Sweden didn't lockdown at all. 7k deaths. Michigan was one of the most heavily locked down states. 10.3k deaths with a similar population.

different shades of the same thing.

Why don't you compare Sweden to somewhere other than some state in your country.

You will get a completely different tale.

Sweden HAS gone very very bad.

Of course, I suspect the more self centred one is, then the more likely to not give a fig about how many people are dying.

Valuist
12-10-2020, 11:34 PM

Why don't you compare Sweden to somewhere other than some state in your country.

Of course, I suspect the more self centred one is, then the more likely to not give a fig about how many people are dying.

It was compared because population wise, they are very similar. Is that too tough to comprehend?

Other than AC/DC nothing worth a damn came from Australia.

PhantomOnTour
12-10-2020, 11:40 PM
It was compared because population wise, they are very similar. Is that too tough to comprehend?

Why do you embarrass yourself with comments like that?
Grow up son

JustRalph
12-10-2020, 11:44 PM

Ever heard of penicillin?

steveb
12-10-2020, 11:48 PM

Well, I may have to apologise to that other halfwit.
There is a new contender, well done you.

Why don't you take a peep, and see how a couple of other places compare to Sweden and your country.

https://tinyurl.com/yxg6brsw

By the way, I always thought AC/DC were rubbish.

MargieRose
12-10-2020, 11:54 PM
S H I T H O U S EMy God...so many of you lefties are so freakin' nasty with your mouths; always spewing comments peppered with mocking and name calling, if you disagree with someone's OPINION.

What's the matter with you people? Huh??

Why don't you foreigners just stay out of our business here in the U.S.A.? Stay home and clean up your own "S H I T H O U S E." You've got nothing to brag about of your own!

MargieRose
12-11-2020, 12:02 AM
Ever heard of penicillin?What?

St. Mary's Hospital, London

In 1928, at St. Mary's Hospital, London, Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin. This discovery led to the introduction of antibiotics that greatly reduced the number of deaths from infection.

Penicillin: Who Found This Functional Fungus (https://kidsdiscover.com/quick-reads/penicillin-found-functional-fungus/)

The first name for penicillin was “mould juice.” Scottish bacteriologist Alexander Fleming accidentally discovered the antibiotic in 1928, when he came back from a vacation and found that a green mold called Pennicilium notatum had contaminated Petri dishes in his lab … and were killing some of the bacteria he’d been growing.In 1938, Oxford Pathologist Howard Florey discovered Fleming’s research and expanded on it, working with a biochemist named Ernst Boris Chain, who had fled Germany. British biochemist Norman Heatley further developed the work, vigorously growing and purifying penicillin.

After much research and experimentation — as well as a trip to the United States, where Florey and Heatley worked with American scientists — an injectable, mass-produced form of penicillin was ready by 1942. That was just in time to help soldiers wounded in World War II.

steveb
12-11-2020, 12:05 AM
My God...so many of you lefties are so freakin' nasty with your mouths; always spewing comments peppered with mocking and name calling, if you disagree with someone's OPINION.

What's the matter with you people? Huh??

Why don't you foreigners just stay out of our business here in the U.S.A.? Stay home and clean up your own "S H I T H O U S E." You've got nothing to brag about!

Why did I know I would get set upon by some?
So your fine country has done really well with Covid under Trump?
So even though I made no comment on Trump, except that USA HAS done badly(and it has) as far as Covid is concerned, then I am automatically a 'leftie'.

And Dear Margie, the thread was started to say how well Sweden has managed.
Can I have your permission sweetie to comment on that....please!

MargieRose
12-11-2020, 12:15 AM
Why did I know I would get set upon by some?
So your fine country has done really well with Covid under Trump?
So even though I made no comment on Trump, except that USA HAS done badly(and it has) as far as Covid is concerned, then I am automatically a 'leftie'.

And Dear Margie, the thread was started to say how well Sweden has managed.

Can I have your permission sweetie to comment on that....please!Maybe you should try cleaning up your arrogant mouth first. Until then...get lost!

PaceAdvantage
12-11-2020, 12:22 AM

Of course, I suspect the more self centred one is, then the more likely to not give a fig about how many people are dying.Should I care more or less for the 500k people who die every year in the USA from cigarette smoking?

Yet the Biden administration, like every other administration before him, won't put a dent in those numbers by banning sales of cigarettes.

But they'll ban people who don't tow the party line when it comes to the election and COVID.

Imagine.

steveb
12-11-2020, 12:24 AM
Maybe you should try cleaning up your arrogant mouth first. Until then...get lost!

Just for you Margie Dear......get stuffed....or maybe that is exactly what you...

Does Boxhead need your support?
I am sure that halfwit, is perfectly capable of doing his own retorts, why do you you feel the need to butt in?

Oh that's right, I should have known, sorry dear.

PaceAdvantage
12-11-2020, 12:24 AM
Well, I may have to apologise to that other halfwit.
There is a new contender, well done you.

Why don't you take a peep, and see how a couple of other places compare to Sweden and your country.

By the way, I always thought AC/DC were rubbish.Look at all those countries up there with the USA on that graph who DO NOT have Trump as president.

Imagine...

PaceAdvantage
12-11-2020, 12:25 AM
Just for you Margie Dear......get stuffed....or maybe that is exactly what you...

Does Boxhead need your support?
I am sure that halfwit, is perfectly capable of doing his own retorts, why do you you feel the need to butt in?

Oh that's right, I should have known, sorry dear.Australia....always embarrassing herself...

PaceAdvantage
12-11-2020, 12:30 AM
Australia...bragging about how they handled COVID...population = 24M

In my little corner of the USA, I have 20M people living around me in about a 50-100M radius...

You do the logic

steveb
12-11-2020, 12:32 AM
Look at all those countries up there with the USA on that graph who DO NOT have Trump as president.

Imagine...

Another with comprehension problems.
I never commented on Trump, other than he is the president of your country, at this point in time.
Your country has done badly, of that there is no doubt.
The reasons it has, I would not know.

And by the way, try looking at the countries that have done well, and there are a good few of them.

PaceAdvantage
12-11-2020, 12:35 AM
Another with comprehension problems.
I never commented on Trump, other than he is the president of your country, at this point in time.Yeah, I know...

S H I T H O U S E"Trump's United States"

No meaning there at all.

steveb
12-11-2020, 12:35 AM
Australia....always embarrassing herself...

Hang on...you do realise how idiotic that statement is?
I am one person, and because you think I have embarrassed myself, then all of us have.
Another contender raises his hand.

steveb
12-11-2020, 12:58 AM
Yeah, I know...

"Trump's United States"

No meaning there at all.

You sir, have serious issues.
How long has Trump been president for?
Less than I have been posting on this board.
Let's see how many posts of mine you can find commenting on Trump.

Don't bother, it will be Z E R O.

We have enough problems with our Liberal government, why would I give a fig about Trump, who is president of a country far away?

So no, there was 'no meaning there at all'

JerryBoyle
12-11-2020, 12:59 AM
Uhhh wat? It has not gone well in Sweden when considering size of population...

boxcar peddling poorly researched BS, color me shocked...

hcap
12-11-2020, 03:22 AM
Another entire thread has been going on about Sweden for months and now a new poorly researched one from the master nonsense and of big bolded, centered headlines?

As been touched on, Sweden's population density, single family households and other environmental factors make it comparable primarily to the other Scandinavian countries. Those that instituted greater restrictions and mitigation measures while sharing environmental and social conditions.

Not the best boxcar.

https://cdn.statcdn.com/Infographic/images/normal/21891.jpeg

hcap
12-11-2020, 03:46 AM
Latest daily increase in infections

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/sweden?country=~SWE

hcap
12-11-2020, 04:16 AM
As COVID deaths rise, Sweden pulls a U-turn and proposes a lockdown law
https://fortune.com/2020/12/09/as-covid-deaths-rise-sweden-pulls-a-u-turn-and-proposes-a-lockdown-law/

Sweden’s government proposed a law that would give it the power to close stores in response to a worsening pandemic.

PaceAdvantage
12-11-2020, 09:23 AM
You sir, have serious issues.Thank you for your medical diagnosis. It is much appreciated. I thank God every single day I have people on this board who care for me like this. I am so lucky!

You just might have saved my life.

PaceAdvantage
12-11-2020, 09:26 AM
As COVID deaths rise, Sweden pulls a U-turn and proposes a lockdown law
https://fortune.com/2020/12/09/as-covid-deaths-rise-sweden-pulls-a-u-turn-and-proposes-a-lockdown-law/

Sweden’s government proposed a law that would give it the power to close stores in response to a worsening pandemic.Yeah, because it has just WORKED SO WELL FOR OTHER COUNTRIES WHO HAVE LOCKED DOWN...as evidenced by the chart Mr. Australia posted last night.

See all those countries near the top right corner? They all (or most all) imposed more serious lockdowns than Sweden. And look where it got them. It got them to the SAME SPOT basically. Yet they didn't blow up their country's economy along the way like some countries I know (I'm looking at YOU USA).

How could Sweden wait so long to do the "right" thing? :rolleyes:

lamboguy
12-11-2020, 09:46 AM
https://kingworldnews.com/the-world-is-now-at-a-critical-turning-point/

this article according to me got it right

hcap
12-11-2020, 10:51 AM
Yeah, because it has just WORKED SO WELL FOR OTHER COUNTRIES WHO HAVE LOCKED DOWN...as evidenced by the chart Mr. Australia posted last night.

See all those countries near the top right corner? They all (or most all) imposed more serious lockdowns than Sweden. And look where it got them. It got them to the SAME SPOT basically. Yet they didn't blow up their country's economy along the way like some countries I know (I'm looking at YOU USA).

How could Sweden wait so long to do the "right" thing? :rolleyes: See all the counties below Sweden in your graph. The ones Sweden much worse than.

The Scandinavian countries have environmental and social factors that help them in dealing with the virus.

They did better than a portion of Europe with less mitigation measures.

However.....

They did, and are doing worse than the other Scandinavian countries.

Complex problems can not be analysand properly taking the simplistic approach you use. Or the low information websites you get your epidemiology from

Garbage in, garbage out with a whole bunch of knee-jerking in between.:lol::lol:

snappit
12-11-2020, 01:08 PM

I'm not quite sure that at this moment in time you should be accusing other countries of embarrassing themselves.

PaceAdvantage
12-11-2020, 01:13 PM
I'm not quite sure that at this moment in time you should be accusing other countries of embarrassing themselves.You're 100% correct. We have 4 years of Biden/Harris coming up.

Redboard
12-11-2020, 02:39 PM

Well there was Olivia Newton-John.

Here's an Aussie who's mad as hell and he's not going to take it anymore!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGBEaYEtiys

steveb
12-11-2020, 03:28 PM
I'm not quite sure that at this moment in time you should be accusing other countries of embarrassing themselves.

To be honest, our country is governed by the the most corrupt, unaccountable mob of incompetents in its short history.
So, yes they are an embarrassment.

But that does not take away from the fact it was in idiotic all encompassing comment from PA.

snappit
12-11-2020, 05:40 PM
To be honest, our country is governed by the the most corrupt, unaccountable mob of incompetents in its short history.
So, yes they are an embarrassment.

But that does not take away from the fact it was in idiotic all encompassing comment from PA.

Replace 'short history' with 'long history' and you could be talking about the government of my country. It seems there are a lot us with embarrassing governments at the moment.

steveb
12-11-2020, 06:46 PM
Replace 'short history' with 'long history' and you could be talking about the government of my country. It seems there are a lot us with embarrassing governments at the moment.

You are probably correct, but I don't like to comment about the governance of countries other than mine, as I would not really know.

I did make a mistake in my comment though, as Australia has a long and proud history before it was ruled by Brits.

When some on here comment on embarrassment, they would do well to look in the mirror, just to see if there is anybody home.

JustRalph
12-11-2020, 07:22 PM
What?

St. Mary's Hospital, London

In 1928, at St. Mary's Hospital, London, Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin. This discovery led to the introduction of antibiotics that greatly reduced the number of deaths from infection.

Penicillin: Who Found This Functional Fungus (https://kidsdiscover.com/quick-reads/penicillin-found-functional-fungus/)

Florey made Penicillin useful. He was a famous Australian.

MargieRose
12-11-2020, 07:50 PM
Florey made Penicillin useful. He was a famous Australian.I didn't know that, JR. Thanks for the information. :ThmbUp:

Saratoga_Mike
12-12-2020, 10:36 AM
1) "Last week Sweden’s total coronavirus death count crossed 7,000. Neighboring Denmark, Finland and Norway, all similar-sized countries, have recorded since the start of the pandemic 878, 415 and 354 deaths respectively." 12/6/20

But, but the Swedish economy has performed so much better... :rolleyes:

2) Sweden's GDP slumped 8.6% in Q2, more sharply than its neighbors despite its no-lockdown policy. The fall is sharper than its neighbors — Denmark registered a 7.4% fall, and Finland a 3.2% fall. Statistics suggest Norway also fared better than Sweden.

Why is this the model? More dead and worse economic performance?

1) https://www.wsj.com/articles/long-a-holdout-from-covid-19-restrictions-sweden-ends-its-pandemic-experiment-11607261658

2) https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-sweden-gdp-falls-8pc-in-q2-worse-nordic-neighbors-2020-8

Saratoga_Mike
12-12-2020, 10:51 AM
Australia...bragging about how they handled COVID...population = 24M

In my little corner of the USA, I have 20M people living around me in about a 50-100M radius...

You do the logic

That's why we use per capita numbers.

Total cases per 100k: US 4,815; Australia 112
Total deaths per 100k: US 89; Australia 4

Then you might want to make a densification argument, but Australia has two cities (Sydney and Melbourne) with populations of roughly 5 mm each.

Then we have the amazing stats from South Korea (no need to re-post, I assume?), which of course is home to Seoul and almost 10 mm people.

Now your last refuge is to call me an "elite" for using actual news articles.

clicknow
12-12-2020, 11:39 AM

Thanks for the Financial Times link. That is a trustworthy and respected publication. Rarely linked to here.

Look at all those countries up there with the USA on that graph who DO NOT have Trump as president.

Yes, being right up there with 3rd world nations should make us proud, in the running with Brazil and Mexico.

Not what the chart says. I did US, Brazil, Mexico, Germany and Australia (will take a while to load)

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-chart/?areas=usa&areas=bra&areas=deu&areas=mex&areas=aus&areasRegional=usny&areasRegional=usnj&areasRegional=usil&areasRegional=usnd&areasRegional=ussd&areasRegional=usca&byDate=1&cumulative=1&logScale=0&per100K=1&values=deaths

PaceAdvantage
12-12-2020, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the Financial Times link. That is a trustworthy and respected publication. Rarely linked to here. Jesus Christ...

You people are all completely out of your minds.

Revel in it.

PaceAdvantage
12-12-2020, 01:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGBEaYEtiys

This is Australia NOT embarrassing herself...bravo to those brave enough to see and do and report about the right thing.

46zilzal
12-12-2020, 02:59 PM
It may have something to do with the National health care in Sweden in one of the best on the planet

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/feb/09/which-country-has-worlds-best-healthcare-system-this-is-the-nhs

xtb
12-12-2020, 04:12 PM
Yes, being right up there with 3rd world nations should make us proud, in the running with Brazil and Mexico.

Belgium, headquarters of the European Union and home to NATO.

46zilzal
12-12-2020, 04:27 PM
That's why we use per capita numbers.

Total cases per 100k: US 4,815; Australia 112
Total deaths per 100k: US 89; Australia 4

Then you might want to make a densification argument, but Australia has two cities (Sydney and Melbourne) with populations of roughly 5 mm each.

Then we have the amazing stats from South Korea (no need to re-post, I assume?), which of course is home to Seoul and almost 10 mm people.

Now your last refuge is to call me an "elite" for using actual news articles.

IMPRESSIVE what can be done if the majority cooperate with reality and science

steveb
12-12-2020, 04:27 PM
Jesus Christ...

You people are all completely out of your minds.

Revel in it.

Mirror, mirror, on the wall.

steveb
12-12-2020, 05:13 PM
IMPRESSIVE what can be done if the majority cooperate with reality and science

That is what happened in Australia, but it was nothing to do with the federal government, that is now trying to take credit.

The states(both leftish & right) did all the hard yards, while the federal arsewipes were constantly trying to undermine the states(even those from the same political party)
The states prevailed, and that is why we got to where we are now.
If the feds had their way we would probably all be dead by now.