PDA

View Full Version : presidential debates

davew
09-02-2020, 10:58 PM
will be hosted by single moderator

9/29 Chris Wallace
10/15 Steve Sculley
10/22 Kristen Welker

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-trump-biden-debates-are-on-three-matchups-with-a-solo-moderator-for-each/ar-BB18DIs1?li=BBnb7Kz

MargieRose
09-03-2020, 12:54 AM
Fox should have offered up Tucker Carlson or Jesse Watters. Either would have been a more honest choice than Wallace.

Debate Moderators Announced for Presidential Debates — All Are Trump-Haters with Chris Wallace Being the Worst (https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/09/debate-moderators-announced-presidential-debates-trump-haters-chris-wallace-worst/?ff_source=Twitter&ff_campaign=websitesharingbuttons)

Why would Republicans EVER agree for Wallace to be a moderator?

GaryG
09-03-2020, 09:21 AM
Fox should have offered up Tucker Carlson or Jesse Watters. Either would have been a more honest choice than Wallace.

Debate Moderators Announced for Presidential Debates — All Are Trump-Haters with Chris Wallace Being the Worst (https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/09/debate-moderators-announced-presidential-debates-trump-haters-chris-wallace-worst/?ff_source=Twitter&ff_campaign=websitesharingbuttons)
Democrats would never have gone for either of them. I don't like Chris Wallace, but he is better than some of the previous mods.

tucker6
09-03-2020, 10:08 AM
Democrats would never have gone for either of them. I don't like Chris Wallace, but he is better than some of the previous mods.
Agree. Chris Wallace is for Chris Wallace, and if he has to step on Joe Biden's neck to satisfy his street cred, he will. At least that's my impression of Wallace.

myohmyjustify
09-03-2020, 11:03 AM
Understand that Fox News will try hard to stick it to President Trump and it doesn't matter if Chris Wallace or Brett Baer or Martha MacCallum are the moderators, the memo has come down to make President Trump look bad and to give Joe Biden every conceivable advantage.

Here's an older story that still holds true a year later.

https://www.businessinsider.com/paul-ryan-position-fox-board-reign-in-trump-report-2019-9?op=1

lamboguy
09-03-2020, 11:26 AM
Understand that Fox News will try hard to stick it to President Trump and it doesn't matter if Chris Wallace or Brett Baer or Martha MacCallum are the moderators, the memo has come down to make President Trump look bad and to give Joe Biden every conceivable advantage.

Here's an older story that still holds true a year later.

https://www.businessinsider.com/paul-ryan-position-fox-board-reign-in-trump-report-2019-9?op=1anytime you have democrats voting for republicans and republicans voting for democrats makes for a very weird election.

i liked it better when Reagan ran, everyone voted for him because he was flat out the best one for the job at the time.

biggestal99
09-03-2020, 04:26 PM

Wallace is a good pick.

Trump hates him and Biden doesn’t like him either.

Allan

jimmyb
09-03-2020, 05:44 PM
Wallace is pissed off at Biden for refusing his invitations to come on his show. I expect lots of hardball questions from Wallace to both Trump and Biden.

ElKabong
09-03-2020, 05:47 PM
When Hiden shows up for the first debate, I'll believe it

kingfin66
09-03-2020, 08:36 PM
When Hiden shows up for the first debate, I'll believe it

I agree with this prediction. I do not expect any debates to take place.

mountainman
09-03-2020, 09:16 PM
will be hosted by single moderator

9/29 Chris Wallace
10/15 Steve Sculley
10/22 Kristen Welker

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-trump-biden-debates-are-on-three-matchups-with-a-solo-moderator-for-each/ar-BB18DIs1?li=BBnb7Kz

My opinion of Chris Wallace took a huge hit after he got his ass-kicked (right to the curb) the other night, first by trump's not super-articulate, but extremely pushy spokesperson, and then by some member of Biden's campaign staff who clearly is way, way, tougher than Wallace.

Both ladies simply PUNKED and rolled RIGHT over him with their incessantly repetitive talking points.

FakeNameChanged
09-03-2020, 09:40 PM
My opinion of Chris Wallace took a huge hit after he got his ass-kicked (right to the curb) the other night, first by trump's not super-articulate, but extremely pushy spokesperson, and then by some member of Biden's campaign staff who clearly is way, way, tougher than Wallace.

Both ladies simply PUNKED and rolled RIGHT over him with their incessantly repetitive talking points.

I think he's been in his father's shadow his whole career. Mike was tough. He once asked Kirk Douglas if he was a horse's ass, Kirk laughed. He told Ayatollah Khomeni that Reagan thought he was a lunatic. I think he one time interviewed a Mafia kingpin, but can't remember who it was. He admitted later he had reservations about that one.

davew
09-03-2020, 09:59 PM
Wallace is pissed off at Biden for refusing his invitations to come on his show. I expect lots of hardball questions from Wallace to both Trump and Biden.

I am not sure he is 'pissed off' and half heartedly says he has invited Biden before. I now wonder if Biden will risk taking him up on the offer, as practice before the first debate?

xtb
09-04-2020, 01:10 AM
"If you watch Biden’s cognitive performances on stage when he appears lucid he is squinting and blinking nonstop. Based on his performance he is likely on a type of amphetamine because none of the other drugs producing mydriasis (i.e. pupil dilation) would produce cognitive enhancement. Amphetamines dilate the pupils and cause the squinting and blinking (photophobia). Another feature observed was the stage lighting for Biden is being subdued and this is very abnormal for this type of performance.

If the debates occur? Bright stage lighting would render Biden unable to perform even under the influence of amphetamines."

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/09/joe-biden-jacked-amphetamines-pharmaceutical-professional-weighs/

davew
09-04-2020, 01:28 AM
J wonder if they will have white circles they must stay in?

Greyfox
09-04-2020, 09:02 AM
Chris Wallace will give both men a fair hanging, if the debates aren't cancelled.

lamboguy
09-04-2020, 09:08 AM
Chris Wallace will give both men a fair hanging, if the debates aren't cancelled.the only way they get cancelled is if Trump cancels them, and that is what i would do if i was him, 100%. he got nothing to win with the debates.

Marshall Bennett
09-04-2020, 12:38 PM
the only way they get cancelled is if Trump cancels them, and that is what i would do if i was him, 100%. he got nothing to win with the debates.I disagree. The debates will allow him a free pass to explain himself and his plans ahead. He won't have to worry about any counter-punching from Biden for obvious reasons. Biden won't say much, probably as little as possible in response to anything Trump says. He'll have to answer questions Wallace gives him, but if any of his brain cooperates, he'll be brief.
I think Trump will be settled and not rattled by anything Biden says throughout. On the other hand Biden may get rattled by what comes from Trump, and just lose it if he doesn't control himself.
Imo, Trump has nothing to lose and a whole lot to gain.

ElKabong
09-04-2020, 01:44 PM
the only way they get cancelled is if Trump cancels them, and that is what i would do if i was him, 100%. he got nothing to win with the debates.

He has a chance to rebuke many of the junk lies being told by Biden. Just turn and look at Biden and ask for details. Then watch the tongue tie jamboree commence.

I just think Biden stiff arms the first debate and the DNC will stick a finger in the air to see if they can do that with debates 2, 3. If he comes back for the next two, he dodged Chris Wallace who would be the only one that would ask questions to Biden that weren't spoon fed and rehearsed.

lamboguy
09-04-2020, 02:19 PM
He has a chance to rebuke many of the junk lies being told by Biden. Just turn and look at Biden and ask for details. Then watch the tongue tie jamboree commence.

I just think Biden stiff arms the first debate and the DNC will stick a finger in the air to see if they can do that with debates 2, 3. If he comes back for the next two, he dodged Chris Wallace who would be the only one that would ask questions to Biden that weren't spoon fed and rehearsed.you can think all you want, Trump is now the favorite and starting to get stronger. why give Biden a shot to snipe him down?

xtb
09-04-2020, 02:46 PM
you can think all you want, Trump is now the favorite and starting to get stronger. why give Biden a shot to snipe him down?

Beating Biden isn't good enough. Trump has to bury him, win decisively. They will not concede the election until all options are exhausted. Imagine Pelosi in the White House if things aren't decided by January.

fast4522
09-04-2020, 04:29 PM
you can think all you want, Trump is now the favorite and starting to get stronger. why give Biden a shot to snipe him down?

That depends if you think Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. is half alive or half dead.

Marshall Bennett
09-04-2020, 06:37 PM
Beating Biden isn't good enough. Trump has to bury him, win decisively. They will not concede the election until all options are exhausted. Imagine Pelosi in the White House if things aren't decided by January.Her tenure as speaker ends also. I think it will all be said and done by Jan. 20. The supreme court may have to decide on issues to make it happen, but we'll have a conclusive decision despite the hard feelings and screaming brat democrats.
Its all but obvious that democrats will accept nothing short of victory, but it won't matter, they'll have to.

ElKabong
09-04-2020, 08:00 PM

Because the dems will come with another huge lie for the October surprise. The latest lie about him saying bad things about servicemen, was just a warm up. Straight up lie and it backfired

He has a chance to BURY Biden in the debates. But the better chance of that happening is in the first debate where Joey won't have spoon fed questions

Tom
09-04-2020, 08:27 PM
Didn't Joe already bury himself the last 6 months, under the floorboards? :rolleyes:

Dracula gets out more than Joe does!