PDA

View Full Version : Bush's first action upon winning today

Secretariat
11-03-2004, 06:42 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=544&e=11&u=/ap/20041103/ap_on_go_pr_wh/debt_ceiling

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2004, 07:03 PM
Good to see you back! LOL

How did last night and this morning go? Having trouble swallowing all that bile and eating all the crow?

BIG RED
11-03-2004, 07:14 PM
Wasn't it the new Republican congress that made a 'ceiling' into law after 50 yrs of Dems, otherwise we wouldn't even be using that term.

Tom
11-03-2004, 07:20 PM
Sec...did you notice the margin of the popular vote?
No denying it now...Bush is AMERICA's choice. In spite of of all the dirty tricks, lies, crockumentaries, fear tactics, and other crap, you CANNOT BS the real Amrercia - the middle America, the middle class, the working people, the people who believe in God and resent the blatant attempts to outlaw Him. The people with morals, with fortitude, the people who make this country work by building it up as opposed to the scum on the left like MM who try to tear it down.
Most importantly, the whole damn world got a lesson in what democracy and what freedom is all about. While they march in the streets, screaming and shouting, we go about our daily lives and speak on the day when it counts. Ya gotta be proud to be an American today.

JustRalph
11-03-2004, 08:03 PM
I still think it is a miracle Bush pulled it off in the face of all the stuff Tom listed. But I can tell you this......... I am damn proud that Ohio was the State that gave him the Presidency. If you would have seen the polls around here you would know why. People were lined up for 3 blocks outside some locations. They were standing in the driving rain.

My wife and I waited an hour to vote. Luckily we were inside a church. We didn't have to wait in the rain.

schweitz
11-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Sec...did you notice the margin of the popular vote?
No denying it now...Bush is AMERICA's choice. In spite of of all the dirty tricks, lies, crockumentaries, fear tactics, and other crap, you CANNOT BS the real Amrercia - the middle America, the middle class, the working people, the people who believe in God and resent the blatant attempts to outlaw Him. The people with morals, with fortitude, the people who make this country work by building it up as opposed to the scum on the left like MM who try to tear it down.
Most importantly, the whole damn world got a lesson in what democracy and what freedom is all about. While they march in the streets, screaming and shouting, we go about our daily lives and speak on the day when it counts. Ya gotta be proud to be an American today.

It is a GREAT day to be an American.

Secretariat
11-03-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by schweitz

Because of having to raise the debt ceiling?

schweitz
11-03-2004, 10:44 PM
Because the people of this great country turned out in record numbers realizing the extreme importance of this Presidential election and they have been heard.

Dave Schwartz
11-03-2004, 10:47 PM
Sec,

It is getting old.

Got a private email today from a staunch anti-bush guy titled, "Sour Grapes Do Not Make Good Whine." He talked about how he was going to have to work at letting go of the election. Wouldn't be easy but he'd work at it.

Please, do us all a favor: Work at it.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by schweitz

I second that emotion!

Tom
11-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
Because of having to raise the debt ceiling?

Because people voted with their brains, not on command from some aging, off-key rock stars, or overweight, under-talented crockumentary maker or a handfull of wack celebs. For all the crap dished out, most of it outright lies, all of it irelevant, the American people saw though it all and voted for the man with the most character.
Interesting, that for all the hoopla about getting the young people registered, only 17% of them showed up to actually vote. Same as 2000. Looks like once the free concerts were goen, so was the support.
I just had to watch the Al Frankenstein TV show last night, on the Scare America network. He was actually crying! Hey Al, THERE'S NO CRYING IN POLITICS! Hehehehe. Was the most rewarding talk show I ever saw.