PDA

View Full Version : NYC lay-offs coming.............

JustRalph
08-30-2020, 04:32 PM
drop in the bucket

https://nypost.com/2020/08/29/ny-is-bleeding-out-as-de-blasio-cuomo-unions-refuse-to-face-reality/

boxcar
08-30-2020, 05:41 PM
drop in the bucket

https://nypost.com/2020/08/29/ny-is-bleeding-out-as-de-blasio-cuomo-unions-refuse-to-face-reality/

The dimwits in NY are counting on that economic "reset"!

woodbinepmi
08-30-2020, 05:52 PM
They will use it to blame President Trump for it.

horses4courses
08-30-2020, 06:26 PM
They will use it to blame President Trump for it.

Doesn't the buck stop at his desk?
Not when you can find the nearest Democrat to blame for it. :rolleyes:

ElKabong
08-30-2020, 06:29 PM

Texas doesn't have the problems NY has. So don't blame Trump

I'd explain in greater detail for you, but anything beyond 2+2 might be beyond your reach

ElKabong
08-30-2020, 06:31 PM
drop in the bucket

Taking out any derogatory comments towards any politician in the article... the future of NYC is definitely in jeopardy. When reading the facts and stats, it's scary

davew
08-30-2020, 08:29 PM

Cuomo and DeBlasio had nothing to do with it?

Elkchester Road
08-30-2020, 08:40 PM

Us Conservatives have had to listen, for over 3 1/2 years, to Liberals all over this Country exclaim "he's not MY President". You need another tagline.

jay68802
08-30-2020, 09:06 PM
Cuomo and DeBlasio had nothing to do with it?

Of course not, hate Trump, blame Trump. Get with the program.

PaceAdvantage
08-30-2020, 11:37 PM
drop in the bucket

The below is something many don't even talk about...clicknow...whatcha gonna do when the transit system runs out of money? Oh I know....please Mr. Fed, bail us out...remember what Ford said to NYC?

The economy’s collapse, meanwhile, deprives the city, state and MTA of enormous tax and fare revenue, popping multibillion-dollar holes in their budgets.

lamboguy
08-31-2020, 02:10 AM
in Boston the residential real estate market is hotter than ever, there are tons of New Yorkers buying the properties here. the commercial real estate side of things here is a disaster though.
i don't know how one could be good without the other.

even though Boston is a big draw and the tax revenues are not down as much as New York, this city faces some of the same obstacles as New York does. mainly the unfunded pensions. the big rise in the stock market has kept those pensions going. but this stock market is only temporarily defying the laws of gravity.

i don't know when the day of judgement finally gets here, but it will. and when it does everyplace will be effected and look just like New York City.

GMB@BP
08-31-2020, 02:34 AM
in Boston the residential real estate market is hotter than ever, there are tons of New Yorkers buying the properties here. the commercial real estate side of things here is a disaster though.
i don't know how one could be good without the other.

even though Boston is a big draw and the tax revenues are not down as much as New York, this city faces some of the same obstacles as New York does. mainly the unfunded pensions. the big rise in the stock market has kept those pensions going. but this stock market is only temporarily defying the laws of gravity.

i don't know when the day of judgement finally gets here, but it will. and when it does everyplace will be effected and look just like New York City.

not sure what is going on elsewhere but we cannot build homes fast enough here in Phoenix.

I do mostly commercial real estate so its been down a bit but I would imagine that picks up if the sheer amount of people keep moving here.