PDA

View Full Version : Class act

BIG RED
11-03-2004, 02:25 PM
Did anyone hear Kerry congratulate Bush or his family. He talked like he is still running. Has lots of plans ahead. He talked about the great divide(rep./dem), how he will help close it. I didn't hear one line of congratulations.I ask if he did because I missed a bit of his speech.

GameTheory
11-03-2004, 02:27 PM
Kerry's speech was ok, but I thought Edwards remarks were totally inappropriate. He (Edwards) is clueless...

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2004, 02:34 PM
Actually, Edwards' speech was quite appropriate. Since he gave up his senate seat to run for VP, he'll have nothing but time on his hands to keep to the promises he made in that concession speech.....

BIG RED
11-03-2004, 03:22 PM
And how did bush start off? Praised Kerry and Edwards, and their families by name. for their battle. He even said a good note about their supporters. Classy to me

Tom
11-03-2004, 07:24 PM
I do thank Kerry for ending it today. He stands tall above Gore.
He could have dragged this out for weeks. I am glad he had the decency to bow out. He did a great service to his country today.

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2004, 11:23 PM
The only reason Kerry ended it today was because he was staring at an uphill 90 degree climb over ice covered surfaces wearing nothing about glass slippers.

At least Gore had some sort of documented beef. Kerry had NOTHING, but still dragged it out longer than he should have.

VOTES DON'T STOP GETTING COUNTED ONCE A CANDIDATE BOWS OUT GRACIOUSLY. Kerry could have given his concession speech last night.

If, by some miracle next week, we find out all the votes were wrong in Ohio, and Kerry actually won, his concession speech would NOT have nullifed this scenario.