PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Laura

garyscpa
08-26-2020, 03:54 PM
Looks like a bad one. Looks like it will mostly miss us here in Houston.

Good luck to all in southeast Texas and Louisiana.

JustRalph
08-26-2020, 06:50 PM
Looks like a bad one. Looks like it will mostly miss us here in Houston.

Good luck to all in southeast Texas and Louisiana.

Hope your right!

davew
08-26-2020, 08:08 PM
sea level is going to rise 20 feet in some places :eek:

woodbinepmi
08-26-2020, 10:23 PM
Looks like we are going to miss it too. Thank God!

lansdale
08-27-2020, 12:38 AM
I hope everyone in this area, which I enjoyed while playing BJ some years back, has been able to evacuate. I see some others have mentioned here, but this looks like it could be the worst storm there in a century. Report linked below indicates that if storm surges result in water levels above 15 ft. -- and higher levels are predicted -- over half the city could be under water. Sounds as though there could also be loss of power in Port Arthur and Galveston, and damaging winds in eastern Harris Co., TX. Best thoughts to all those in that part of the country.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/26/weather/laura-gulf-coast-weather-forecast-wednesday/index.html

clicknow
08-27-2020, 03:13 AM
Praying for the people in South Louisiana. Looks like a very bad situation, worst ever actually. Have many friends there.

Supposed to go directly thru Hot Springs, then Little Rock after that, at tropical storm strength, then probably be a tropical depression once it turns into Tenn. I expect power outages, some high wind gusts and lot of flash flooding here. I think the main grid for Entergy which serves Hot Springs is down in Louisiana so I'm thinking we will lose electricity.

None of the cams stayed up in So Louisiana so I know it's bad there.

The picture of this eye is absolutely terrifying:
https://www.facebook.com/WeatherNoah/photos/a.327533610629386/3151050864944299/?type=3&theater&ifg=1

"UPDATE: Hurricane Hunter recon finds peak *sustained* winds to 150mph, pressure down to 940mb. Laura will become the most powerful hurricane to hit southwest Louisiana in recorded human history in 164 years, dating back to 1856. We pray for these people. When the sun rises tomorrow it is a certainty that there will be devastation. The drone video you see tomorrow on the news will reveal towns and homes wiped off the map, literally. It is highly uncommon to have an eye this circular and smooth on satellite....."

Marshall Bennett
08-27-2020, 08:20 AM
Did lots of preparation, woke up with maybe a dozen twigs laying around.
Prayers for the poor people of SW Louisiana.