PDA

View Full Version : Where the rubber meets the road

Dave Schwartz
11-03-2004, 11:17 AM
There is a horse in the winner's circle and his name is Dubbya.

While the photo is not official yet, the preliminary numbers have been put up. It is still a photo, as Kerry finished within a length or less, but it is certainly not a head-bob. Bush won it by a clear margin and WILL be declared the winner.

Now, the jockey of the second place finisher could certainly prolong things with a claim of foul, and then the trainer could step in and demand another drug test, but what would that accomplish? Just a prolonging of the inevitable.

And where are the fans on this? Are we all congratulating the winning stable or are those holding tickets on the second-place finisher going to whine and complain about being robbed by the stewards?

My friends, we have been distant and estranged from each other for over a year awaiting the outcome of this race. It is time to put it to rest.

To my Republican friends I thank you for taking the time to back our candidate. I also thank you for taking the one or two (perhaps more) hours standing in line yesterday to make your opinion count. I rejoice with you that our beliefs will be given an edge in the coming four years.

To my democratic friends and countrymen I say that, even though we believe differently, I do not doubt your sincerity in wanting what is best for this country. I hope you do not doubt mine.

I thank you for providing the "view from the other side." I believe it will have an impact on the future of this country. George Bush is not a stupid man. (Truly, it is impossible for a stupid man to get to the oval office.) He knows that he won by far less than a landlside; that there are a significant number of people in this country who disagree with his policies strongly enough to hate him.

"Hate." What a strong word. In the past 12 to 18 months that word has applied to the relationships between many Americans. It has created enmity between neighbors, siblings and families much as the Civil War did over a century ago.

I call upon you now to set aside your disagreements and help the nation step forward. I call upon you to look for ways to agree instead.

And where can we agree?

The economy. We need jobs and not just minimum wage jobs.

Terrorism. It does affect our lives and we must deal with it.

Health care. Some have it, some don't. We all should.

Administrative cleanup. The current administration needs work in this area.

Global warming. It exists. Just look around.

Iraq. It is going on too long. We must find an exit strategy.

I am sure people on both sides of the political fence could add an item or two. The point is that there are items that need work.

Let's tear the fence between us down and get it done.

Regards to all,
Dave Schwartz

chickenhead
11-03-2004, 11:28 AM
Great post Dave.

boxcar
11-03-2004, 01:52 PM
Just wait, folks, until Bush makes more SC nominations during his upcoming term. We might be able to conduct a less bloody civil war than the one that will inevitably take place in the Senate.

Boxcar

betchatoo
11-03-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Dave Schwartz
There is a horse in the winner's circle and his name is Dubbya.

While the photo is not official yet, the preliminary numbers have been put up. It is still a photo, as Kerry finished within a length or less, but it is certainly not a head-bob. Bush won it by a clear margin and WILL be declared the winner.

Now, the jockey of the second place finisher could certainly prolong things with a claim of foul, and then the trainer could step in and demand another drug test, but what would that accomplish? Just a prolonging of the inevitable.

And where are the fans on this? Are we all congratulating the winning stable or are those holding tickets on the second-place finisher going to whine and complain about being robbed by the stewards?

My friends, we have been distant and estranged from each other for over a year awaiting the outcome of this race. It is time to put it to rest.

To my Republican friends I thank you for taking the time to back our candidate. I also thank you for taking the one or two (perhaps more) hours standing in line yesterday to make your opinion count. I rejoice with you that our beliefs will be given an edge in the coming four years.

To my democratic friends and countrymen I say that, even though we believe differently, I do not doubt your sincerity in wanting what is best for this country. I hope you do not doubt mine.

I thank you for providing the "view from the other side." I believe it will have an impact on the future of this country. George Bush is not a stupid man. (Truly, it is impossible for a stupid man to get to the oval office.) He knows that he won by far less than a landlside; that there are a significant number of people in this country who disagree with his policies strongly enough to hate him.

"Hate." What a strong word. In the past 12 to 18 months that word has applied to the relationships between many Americans. It has created enmity between neighbors, siblings and families much as the Civil War did over a century ago.

I call upon you now to set aside your disagreements and help the nation step forward. I call upon you to look for ways to agree instead.

And where can we agree?

The economy. We need jobs and not just minimum wage jobs.

Terrorism. It does affect our lives and we must deal with it.

Health care. Some have it, some don't. We all should.

Administrative cleanup. The current administration needs work in this area.

Global warming. It exists. Just look around.

Iraq. It is going on too long. We must find an exit strategy.

I am sure people on both sides of the political fence could add an item or two. The point is that there are items that need work.

Let's tear the fence between us down and get it done.

Regards to all,
Dave Schwartz

Dave:
Your post was so reasoned and well thought out, are you sure you're not a closet liberal?:D

Though my views on this election were clear, to all the Republicans on the board, congratulations. I sincerely hope that you were right (no pun intended) and that the best man won. I ferverently wish for the best for this country; peace,prosperity and a strong, free future.

doophus
11-03-2004, 02:40 PM
Posted by Betchatoo....

"Dave:
................Though my views on this election were clear, to all the Republicans on the board, congratulations. I sincerely hope that you were right (no pun intended) and that the best man won. I ferverently wish for the best for this country; peace,prosperity and a strong, free future."

If a different result, I hope that I w(c)ould be as magnanimous.

Tom
11-03-2004, 07:32 PM
Now, with the great evil defeated, it is time to turn to Bush and hold him accountable for this nation. Persoanlly, I do not like the man very much. He was the only logical choice, and I can respect the man and not like him at the same time. I do not agree with him on many issues, and now it is time to slap some sense into him. My number one complaint is his refual to protect out borders. This has got to be done and fast. Secondly, our entire election system must be overhauled and fixed. It has more holes in it than swiss cheese. It is a deplorable situation. Just one piece of cake Mr President. YOU have a lot of work to do.