PDA

View Full Version : Goodyear n BLM

JustRalph
08-19-2020, 02:49 PM
https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2020/08/19/trump-calls-boycott-goodyear-tires-ban-maga-blue-lives-matter-attire-goodyear-claims-doesnt/

oughtoh
08-19-2020, 03:03 PM
Think the slide the employees posted might have something to do with it

https://www.wibw.com/2020/08/18/goodyear-employees-say-new-no-tolerance-policy-is-discriminatory/

jay68802
08-19-2020, 03:12 PM
If the slide is true, looks like Goodyear is in full backpedal mode. Oooops.

oughtoh
08-19-2020, 04:42 PM
Goodyear is peddling backwards real fast with a statement that they just put out.

Tom
08-19-2020, 04:56 PM
FIRESTONE forever! :headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

This is why I love Trump - he plays their game better than they do.

Now,let's all do our part and put a serious crimp in GY's bottom line....enough to get the CEO fired.

barahona44
08-19-2020, 05:18 PM
FIRESTONE forever! :headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

This is why I love Trump - he plays their game better than they do.

Now,let's all do our part and put a serious crimp in GY's bottom line....enough to get the CEO fired.

And workers laid off

Tom
08-19-2020, 05:37 PM
And workers laid off

Damn straight - NO ONE Should be working! This is a PANDEMIC, dammit!
TIRES? TIRES?
You want those damn looters and rioters to be able to drive around the country spreading death from COVID???

My GAWD Francis, lighten up! :cool:

PaceAdvantage
08-19-2020, 05:49 PM
And workers laid offNobody cared about that 5 months ago...when I was screaming about it...now you suddenly care...lol

barahona44
08-19-2020, 06:00 PM
Damn straight - NO ONE Should be working! This is a PANDEMIC, dammit!
TIRES? TIRES?
You want those damn looters and rioters to be able to drive around the country spreading death from COVID???

My GAWD Francis, lighten up! :cool:

Should make a good ad for the Biden campaign.Show Trump calling for a Goodyear boycott,followed by laid off tire workers.Trump's 47% moment.

barahona44
08-19-2020, 06:02 PM
Nobody cared about that 5 months ago...when I was screaming about it...now you suddenly care...lol

It's not easy being you.The weight of the world on your shoulders.A lone cry in the wilderness.A prophet is always without honor in his own land.

I'm almost hoping Trump wins.Hate to see grown men like yourself cry

PaceAdvantage
08-19-2020, 06:49 PM
It's not easy being you.The weight of the world on your shoulders.A lone cry in the wilderness.A prophet is always without honor in his own land.

I'm almost hoping Trump wins.Hate to see grown men like yourself cryTrust me....if Trump loses...I'm not going to cry...unlike if he wins...I know a whole bunch of people who are gonna cry...and then some.

Once again, you guys are inventing fairy tales with your fairy minds.

jk3521
08-19-2020, 08:28 PM
It's a crazy world....
https://nypost.com/2020/08/19/trumps-limo-equipped-with-goodyear-tires-he-wants-to-boycott/

JustRalph
08-20-2020, 11:50 AM
https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1296448379518627843

Track Collector
08-20-2020, 02:08 PM
It's a crazy world....
https://nypost.com/2020/08/19/trumps-limo-equipped-with-goodyear-tires-he-wants-to-boycott/

Just another example of telling Trump-haters what they WANT to hear and believe. Just check critical thinking skills at the door.

Thebart
08-20-2020, 07:38 PM
Just another example of telling Trump-haters what they WANT to hear and believe. Just check critical thinking skills at the door.

It's worth pointing out that the NY Post is not liberal, lefty or anti-Trump. It is, in fact, pretty much a right wing rag that never misses a chance to take a shot at Democrats. It is owned by the Murdoch clan.

Back to critical thinking. Think about the Goodyear story. Someone in Goodyear publishes what appears to be a poorly thought out list of acceptable and unacceptable phrases or topics employees can wear at work inside its facilities.

Trump, or one of his flunkies, see the opportunity to fire-up many of those angry white folks you love it when Trump stirs stuff up. So, like Pavlov's dog he grabs the Twitter machine and starts posting calls for a boycott of a major American corporation.

Is this what a sensible or normal president would do? Wouldn't a real president, if he (or she) chose to do anything at all, likely call up the top CEO at Goodyear and inquire what this is all about? Wouldn't it make more sense to calm down the waters on all sides, rather than stir crap up?

But, that is not Donald Trump's style. His game is to incite and create tension and rally up as many of his amen chorus has he can. Meanwhile, if sales numbers at Goodyear really dive, you can feel good while thousands of American workers have an increased risk of getting laid off. All so Big Boss Don and gain a few brownie points.

RunForTheRoses
08-20-2020, 08:36 PM
It's worth pointing out that the NY Post is not liberal, lefty or anti-Trump. It is, in fact, pretty much a right wing rag that never misses a chance to take a shot at Democrats. It is owned by the Murdoch clan.

Back to critical thinking. Think about the Goodyear story. Someone in Goodyear publishes what appears to be a poorly thought out list of acceptable and unacceptable phrases or topics employees can wear at work inside its facilities.

Trump, or one of his flunkies, see the opportunity to fire-up many of those angry white folks you love it when Trump stirs stuff up. So, like Pavlov's dog he grabs the Twitter machine and starts posting calls for a boycott of a major American corporation.

Is this what a sensible or normal president would do? Wouldn't a real president, if he (or she) chose to do anything at all, likely call up the top CEO at Goodyear and inquire what this is all about? Wouldn't it make more sense to calm down the waters on all sides, rather than stir crap up?

But, that is not Donald Trump's style. His game is to incite and create tension and rally up as many of his amen chorus has he can. Meanwhile, if sales numbers at Goodyear really dive, you can feel good while thousands of American workers have an increased risk of getting laid off. All so Big Boss Don and gain a few brownie points.

Oh please, you sound like such an idiot. What is the NY Times? A left wing rag? And what did you think of their 1619 bullshit? Riling up simpleton minorities? Mau mauing the flak catchers? That is the 2020 reality.

the Democrap Party is aces at riling up and playing the division card. How dare you pretend that it is not?

The Bart-Total fake Phony fraud.

PaceAdvantage
08-20-2020, 09:24 PM

But, that is not Donald Trump's style. His game is to incite and create tension and rally up as many of his amen chorus has he can. Meanwhile, if sales numbers at Goodyear really dive, you can feel good while thousands of American workers have an increased risk of getting laid off. All so Big Boss Don and gain a few brownie points.He said "white."

Heh heh...heh heh heh...heh heh

Thebart
08-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Interesting comments

Riling up simpleton minorities? Mau mauing the flak catchers" Now there's the comment of a real intellectual giant.

This is typical Trump-right wing style attack. Change the topic, bring in comments totally unrelated to the issue at hand. My point is that what Trump did was un-presidential and typical of his "stir it up to piss off his base."

You know it, I know it, and frankly, the American people know it too.

Maybe you could educate me. Exactly what is a "maul mauling and a flak catcher.?

GMB@BP
08-21-2020, 11:16 AM

I dont like the whole boycott thing, never have and its a cheap tactic...this is the first time i can really recall it coming from the right. I hope its the last.

However this thought control that is now being displayed by employers for their own personal agenda is deeply concerning.

newtothegame
08-21-2020, 11:25 AM
I dont like the whole boycott thing, never have and its a cheap tactic...this is the first time i can really recall it coming from the right. I hope its the last.

However this thought control that is now being displayed by employers for their own personal agenda is deeply concerning.

So isn't this a double standard GMB? On one hand, you say "its a cheap tactic by the right" and hope it never happens again. Next you say its "thought control by the employer and its "deeply concerning".

So should they (employers) be called our for their thought control or do you wish no one calls them out?

jimmyb
08-21-2020, 11:54 AM
Goodyear Says 'Blue Lives Matter' Ban a Mistake After Trump Boycott Call

https://www.newsweek.com/goodyear-boycott-maga-trump-blue-lives-matter-1526659

ElKabong
08-21-2020, 04:09 PM

I respect your opinion. But as individuals we have only 2 legal ways to voice our opinion in this society

Our vote
Our pocketbook

IMO that's how you create change. Nothing wrong with exercising your rights in a civil manner.

JustRalph
08-21-2020, 04:40 PM

Schools n College are much worse.

From the morning till night it’s a constant drum beat.

Typical teenager gets up and heads to school for 7 hours of indoctrination. Goes to after school sports etc and gets a blue ribbon or trophy for participation. Comes home, watches sitcoms with a lefty bent. Goes to bed, has been in and out of YouTube all day long (where conservative voices are blocked) while texting his friends. Fires up Twitter n Facebook before sleep and gets the same left bend. Wakes up, starts over

ElKabong
08-21-2020, 04:56 PM
Schools n College are much worse.

From the morning till night it’s a constant drum beat.

Typical teenager gets up and heads to school for 7 hours of indoctrination. Goes to after school sports etc and gets a blue ribbon or trophy for participation. Comes home, watches sitcoms with a lefty bent. Goes to bed, has been in and out of YouTube all day long (where conservative voices are blocked) while texting his friends. Fires up Twitter n Facebook before sleep and gets the same left bend. Wakes up, starts over

Not all schools

My wife teaches at a Charter school. Any hyper liberal or conservative chatting by a teacher to a classroom is dealt with immediately

She LOVES teaching there, 3 days a week in a "university method" school. The school is located in a former church but isn't affiliated w/ one.

The school has zero tolerance for plagiarism, cursing, lying, or disrespect towards teachers, staff, students. HUGE difference from her former campus

Last year she had a kid that lied to another teacher (forgot the details), the Principal was called in. Kid fessed up to the lie, as if "ok, what are ya gonna do about it". Principal calls his mom on the spot and tells her when she "picks up the student, he will have his belongings w/ him. He's been expelled per violation of the rules found in the Student Handbook you signed before enrolling"

Needless to say the faculty loves teaching there. The atmosphere is all about learning and proper attitude. Our chess classes there after school the last 2 years..., the kids were SO far above what we normally see in attitude and desire to learn

Public schools, tho… you're right on

JustRalph
08-21-2020, 05:34 PM
Yep......I was not speaking of charter/private schools

Tom
08-21-2020, 06:13 PM
I

Firestone will pick up the slack,

THAT is how capitalism works.
Try it sometime.

GMB@BP
08-21-2020, 07:09 PM
So isn't this a double standard GMB? On one hand, you say "its a cheap tactic by the right" and hope it never happens again. Next you say its "thought control by the employer and its "deeply concerning".

So should they (employers) be called our for their thought control or do you wish no one calls them out?

I think there are better ways to get things done rather than a tit for tat kind of thing.

JustRalph
08-21-2020, 07:13 PM
I’m a Bridgestone guy but have bought Goodyear many times.

Not anymore

horses4courses
08-24-2020, 09:05 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EgLD2bIXsAERkmP?format=jpg&name=small

barahona44
08-24-2020, 10:56 PM
Firestone will pick up the slack,

THAT is how capitalism works.
Try it sometime.

Bridgestone, which owns Firestone, is a Japanese company. This must be part of Trump's master plan to bring back jobs and profits back to America, he said sarcastically.

If Obama had called for a boycott of a major American company....

jay68802
08-24-2020, 11:24 PM
Bridgestone, which owns Firestone, is a Japanese company. This must be part of Trump's master plan to bring back jobs and profits back to America, he said sarcastically.

He called for a boycott of company that trashed the rights of their employees. Ohbamma would have praised them.

barahona44
08-24-2020, 11:47 PM
Interesting comments

Riling up simpleton minorities? Mau mauing the flak catchers" Now there's the comment of a real intellectual giant.

This is typical Trump-right wing style attack. Change the topic, bring in comments totally unrelated to the issue at hand. My point is that what Trump did was un-presidential and typical of his "stir it up to piss off his base."

You know it, I know it, and frankly, the American people know it too.

Maybe you could educate me. Exactly what is a "maul mauling and a flak catcher.?
Let's go back to the early 1970's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radical_Chic_%26_Mau-Mauing_the_Flak_Catchers

PaceAdvantage
08-24-2020, 11:49 PM
If Obama had called for a boycott of a major American company....He did something much worse. He illegally spied on the opposition campaign using the powers of the presidency and intelligence agencies.

He jeopardized our very democracy...and you're worried about goodyear...

barahona44
08-24-2020, 11:55 PM
He did something much worse. He illegally spied on the opposition campaign using the powers of the presidency and intelligence agencies.

Trump's a bigger threat to democracy than Obama ever was.

ElKabong
08-24-2020, 11:56 PM

Comey and Brennan are so in love with you right now...

barahona44
08-25-2020, 12:07 AM
Comey and Brennan are so in love with you right now...

I'm not that kind of boy. ;) :D

rastajenk
08-25-2020, 02:06 PM

I keep hearing stuff like this; no one who says it ever gives a reason why.

What does Trump do or has ever done to "threaten our democracy?"

rastajenk
09-07-2020, 08:23 AM
No takers, apparently.

JerryBoyle
09-07-2020, 08:46 AM
He did something much worse. He illegally spied on the opposition campaign using the powers of the presidency and intelligence agencies.

Evidence?

davew
09-07-2020, 09:48 AM

why would 0bama call for a boycott of a company when he wanted to kill entire industries like coal and oil

woodtoo
09-07-2020, 10:06 AM
28372Evidence?