PDA

View Full Version : new heat record

46zilzal
08-19-2020, 11:52 AM
Death Valley was 130 degree Fahrenheit....129.9F (54.4C) at 3.41pm PDT on Sunday

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/aug/19/highest-recorded-temperature-ever-death-valley

quote: According to weather records researcher Maximiliano Herrera, the previous global record high for August is 127.9F (53.3C), recorded in Mitribah, Kuwait, in 2011.

But relax this is just a Chinese plot

hcap
08-19-2020, 12:20 PM
Death Valley was 130 degree Fahrenheit....129.9F (54.4C) at 3.41pm PDT on Sunday

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/aug/19/highest-recorded-temperature-ever-death-valley

quote: According to weather records researcher Maximiliano Herrera, the previous global record high for August is 127.9F (53.3C), recorded in Mitribah, Kuwait, in 2011.

But relax this is just a Chinese plotYou are wasting your time. These Trumpites will only tell us that the "models" were all wrong. Even though the climatological models predicted this very thing, and the last decade broke the record.

Didn't you know, these inept amateurs here are the experts?:rolleyes:

NASA also found that 2010-2019 was the hottest decade ever recorded. Scientists from the United Kingdom Met Office determined that 2019 was one of the top-three hottest years on record, and the World Meteorological Organization also ranked 2019 second warmest for the globe.

https://www.noaa.gov/news/2019-was-2nd-hottest-year-on-record-for-earth-say-noaa-nasa

And.....

July 2020 was record hot for N. Hemisphere, 2nd hottest for planet
Arctic sea ice melted to record lows
https://www.noaa.gov/news/july-2020-was-record-hot-for-n-hemisphere-2nd-hottest-for-planet

https://medialibrary.climatecentral.org/uploads/general/20202019EOYGlobalTemps_Top10_en_title_lg.jpg

Marshall Bennett
08-19-2020, 12:31 PM
Hcap was in Death Valley letting off steam before his head explodes from TDS. :)

tucker6
08-19-2020, 12:38 PM
Oops...

https://i0.wp.com/wattsupwiththat.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/death-valley-temp-table.png?resize=436%2C720&ssl=1

Looks like it was the hottest day since 2013 and far short of 1913. I also love how the headline used a narrow criteria to make their bold claim. Hottest August day in Earth History!!!!!! I guess July is chump change.

Edit to add that there are so many high temps in Death Valley near this one that it's mostly meaningless.

hcap
08-19-2020, 01:16 PM
Oops...

Looks like it was the hottest day since 2013 and far short of 1913. I also love how the headline used a narrow criteria to make their bold claim. Hottest August day in Earth History!!!!!! I guess July is chump change.

Edit to add that there are so many high temps in Death Valley near this one that it's mostly meaningless.Are you also going to claim climate models have been wrong in predicting increasing global warming?

tucker6
08-19-2020, 01:48 PM
Are you also going to claim climate models have been wrong in predicting increasing global warming?

The climate models have been exponentially more incorrect than the epidemiologist's models on pandemics, and they're pretty bad. The guys and gals predicting the sunspot cycle have a much higher batting average. Know why? They use science. They admit when their theories and models are wrong and go back to the drawing board. What do the Alarmists do? They invent more data to prove their junk science is correct after all.

You'd think that hook in your cheek would have started getting infected by now. :lol:

tucker6
08-19-2020, 01:49 PM
Are you also going to claim climate models have been wrong in predicting increasing global warming?

I also noted that you didn't dispute the accuracy of my chart, which largely disproves the need for alarmism and hysteria in the headline and article.

ElKabong
08-19-2020, 02:24 PM
Oops...

https://i0.wp.com/wattsupwiththat.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/death-valley-temp-table.png?resize=436%2C720&ssl=1

Edit to add that there are so many high temps in Death Valley near this one that it's mostly meaningless.

I'd give you pts for this but the site says i've given you too many

PaceAdvantage
08-19-2020, 02:27 PM
It's all about optics with libs.

Facts don't matter...I think Joe Biden said something like this recently...

tucker6
08-19-2020, 02:28 PM
I'd give you pts for this but the site says i've given you too many
LOL. The system is rigged to prevent anyone from passing Tom. <reaches for drawer with tin foil inside>

I appreciate it anyway.

boxcar
08-19-2020, 02:33 PM
LOL. The system is rigged to prevent anyone from passing Tom. <reaches for drawer with tin foil inside>

I appreciate it anyway.

:lol::lol: I've been wondering about that...

rastajenk
08-19-2020, 02:35 PM
"We choose Truth over Facts." :jump:

tucker6
08-19-2020, 02:51 PM
"We choose Truth over Facts." :jump:

Yeah, that one stumped me. It's like saying you prefer theories over data. The two are on different levels.

Facts = data (except in climate science where data gets water boarded)

Truth = theory

It doesn't surprise me in the least that the left chooses to torture the data until it conforms to their "truth". Never let facts get in the way of a good story.

sandpit
08-19-2020, 03:12 PM
Arguing about this is pointless..why? Here's why from the NOAA website:

Earth’s warming trend continued in 2019, making it the second-hottest year in NOAA’s 140-year climate record.

Age of the earth: approximately 4.543 billion years (according to space.com)

Ergo, NOAA's data is completely statistically insignificant. No matter what we as a species do, the temperature is going up and down. Either we adapt (air conditioners, furnaces, etc.), or we don't. Nearly every species that has existed on this planet is extinct, and we will be some day too.

In the 1970s when the Ohio River froze solid, we were told there was an impending ice age; 50 years later, we are all doomed melt. How about just enjoying what each day gives you, since none of us will be here all that long anyway.

1977 - Louisville

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/06/90/63/069063035bc0a616d469c5627d51a903.jpg

Tom
08-19-2020, 05:30 PM

But relax this is just a Chinese plot

Don't go to Death Valley.

What part of "DEATH VALLEY" don't you understand? :rolleyes::lol:

Tom
08-19-2020, 05:33 PM

No, it is getting warmer.....it just is not the end of the world.
Only to falling sky nutso's like you and 46....buy some iced tea, relax, get some sun - I heard it cures COVID 0-19!!!

fast4522
08-19-2020, 05:53 PM
Only to falling sky nutso's like you and 46....buy some iced tea, relax, get some sun - I heard it cures COVID 0-19!!!

Lets face the facts, when our sun runs out of fuel well into the future they will blame it on Trump.

hcap
08-20-2020, 03:41 AM
Hcap was in Death Valley letting off steam before his head explodes from TDS. :)You anti-science bumpkins were railing against the consensus on climate change way before the moron took office.Not TDS, but BDS.

You anti-science clods suffer from

Bumpkin Delusional Sickness:lol::lol::lol:

hcap
08-20-2020, 03:45 AM
The climate models have been exponentially more incorrect than the epidemiologist's models on pandemics, and they're pretty bad. The guys and gals predicting the sunspot cycle have a much higher batting average. Know why? They use science. They admit when their theories and models are wrong and go back to the drawing board. What do the Alarmists do? They invent more data to prove their junk science is correct after all.

You'd think that hook in your cheek would have started getting infected by now. :lol:Epidemiology has nothing, zilch, nada to do with climatology.

Except you dolts denying both.

hcap
08-20-2020, 03:48 AM
I also noted that you didn't dispute the accuracy of my chart, which largely disproves the need for alarmism and hysteria in the headline and article.I also noticed you are scared shirtless to claim climatological models are wrong.

hcap
08-20-2020, 03:57 AM
Only to falling sky nutso's like you and 46....buy some iced tea, relax, get some sun - I heard it cures COVID 0-19!!!You usded to argue AGAINST it getting warmer, telling me it's Ben warmer Ben colder. Ignoring the details why.

Those details are zeroing on the "tipping point" where it may end life as we know it for our children. Moving inward away form the coasts is not a solution particularly for many island communities.

tucker6
08-20-2020, 06:52 AM
Those details are zeroing on the "tipping point" where it may end life as we know it for our children.

You didn’t procreate did you?

davew
08-20-2020, 08:10 AM
You usded to argue AGAINST it getting warmer, telling me it's Ben warmer Ben colder. Ignoring the details why.

Those details are zeroing on the "tipping point" where it may end life as we know it for our children. Moving inward away form the coasts is not a solution particularly for many island communities.

what is the number your scientists have decided is the tipping point?

tucker6
08-20-2020, 09:23 AM
what is the number your scientists have decided is the tipping point?
Even better, what is the proper temperature that the Earth should be at any given time?

46zilzal
08-20-2020, 01:16 PM
we are well on our way into the Anthropocene and there will be no turning back

46zilzal
08-20-2020, 01:31 PM
quote: The Greenland ice sheet lost a record amount of ice in 2019, equivalent to a million tonnes per minute across the year, satellite data shows.

The climate crisis is heating the Arctic at double the rate in lower latitudes, and the ice cap is the biggest single contributor to sea level rise, which already imperils coasts around the world. The ice sheet shrank by 532bn tonnes last year as its surface melted and glaciers fell into the ocean and would have filled seven Olympic-sized swimming pools per second.

The satellite data has been collected since 2003. The 2019 loss was double the annual average since then of 255bn tonnes. Almost that amount was lost in July 2019 alone.

source: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/aug/20/greenland-ice-sheet-lost-a-record-1m-tonnes-of-ice-per-minute-in-2019

tucker6
08-20-2020, 01:40 PM
quote: The Greenland ice sheet lost a record amount of ice in 2019, equivalent to a million tonnes per minute across the year, satellite data shows.

The climate crisis is heating the Arctic at double the rate in lower latitudes, and the ice cap is the biggest single contributor to sea level rise, which already imperils coasts around the world. The ice sheet shrank by 532bn tonnes last year as its surface melted and glaciers fell into the ocean and would have filled seven Olympic-sized swimming pools per second.

The satellite data has been collected since 2003. The 2019 loss was double the annual average since then of 255bn tonnes. Almost that amount was lost in July 2019 alone.

source: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/aug/20/greenland-ice-sheet-lost-a-record-1m-tonnes-of-ice-per-minute-in-2019

Okay, what percent of Greenland ice sheet melted? 0.0001? That ice loss, even if entirely true, would amount to an increase in ocean levels to the tune of 1.5mm. That means if that record loss occurred each year, it would take 17 years to add an inch of water into our oceans. A 100 years to add six inches. At a record pace no less. Doesn't sound so scary when you put things in perspective. And that doesn't even get into the question as to what melt volume was in the past and where it's going into the future because our dataset is so small.

jimmyb
08-20-2020, 02:03 PM

Elon Musk is accepting reservations to Mars. Better hurry, space is limited.

rastajenk
08-20-2020, 02:20 PM
MGGA!

Make Greenland Green Again!!:jump:

wisconsin
08-20-2020, 02:54 PM
Obama bought oceanfront property and nobody on the side of science said shit about it. Tells me that we should not be concerned, either

hcap
08-20-2020, 05:14 PM
Okay, what percent of Greenland ice sheet melted? 0.0001? That ice loss, even if entirely true, would amount to an increase in ocean levels to the tune of 1.5mm. That means if that record loss occurred each year, it would take 17 years to add an inch of water into our oceans. A 100 years to add six inches. At a record pace no less. Doesn't sound so scary when you put things in perspective. And that doesn't even get into the question as to what melt volume was in the past and where it's going into the future because our dataset is so small.Factor this into your equation.

Fears Mont Blanc Glacier Might Fall, Last Ice Shelf In Canadian Arctic Collapses
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottsnowden/2020/08/07/glacier-collapse/#4907916827f6

jimmyb
08-20-2020, 08:53 PM
Only Climate Elites Get to Have Mansions by the Ocean. Add Bill Gates to the ever growing list.

https://www.prageru.com/video/only-climate-elites-get-to-have-mansions-by-the-ocean/

davew
08-20-2020, 11:06 PM
we are well on our way into the Anthropocene and there will be no turning back

it has been a long time since I enjoyed a good anthropocene

so the environmental loonies got all the solar going in California but did not factor in that they do not produce when it is dark .... -> rolling blackouts :lol::lol:

hcap
08-21-2020, 04:08 AM
Okay, what percent of Greenland ice sheet melted? 0.0001? That ice loss, even if entirely true, would amount to an increase in ocean levels to the tune of 1.5mm. That means if that record loss occurred each year, it would take 17 years to add an inch of water into our oceans. A 100 years to add six inches. At a record pace no less. Doesn't sound so scary when you put things in perspective. And that doesn't even get into the question as to what melt volume was in the past and where it's going into the future because our dataset is so small.

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/understanding-climate/climate-change-global-sea-level

The global mean water level in the ocean rose by 0.14 inches (3.6 millimeters) per year from 2006–2015, which was 2.5 times the average rate of 0.06 inches (1.4 millimeters) per year throughout most of the twentieth century. By the end of the century, global mean sea level is likely to rise at least one foot (0.3 meters) above 2000 levels, even if greenhouse gas emissions follow a relatively low pathway in coming decades.

In some ocean basins, sea level rise has been as much as 6-8 inches (15-20 centimeters) since the start of the satellite record in 1993.

chrisl
08-21-2020, 07:19 AM
https://www.climate.gov/news-features/understanding-climate/climate-change-global-sea-level

The global mean water level in the ocean rose by 0.14 inches (3.6 millimeters) per year from 2006–2015, which was 2.5 times the average rate of 0.06 inches (1.4 millimeters) per year throughout most of the twentieth century. By the end of the century, global mean sea level is likely to rise at least one foot (0.3 meters) above 2000 levels, even if greenhouse gas emissions follow a relatively low pathway in coming decades.

In some ocean basins, sea level rise has been as much as 6-8 inches (15-20 centimeters) since the start of the satellite record in 1993.

Then why is billions being spent on huge developments around the globe very close to the elevation of the tidal plane. According to you, and your theory, these building will have there foundation under water in no time. So bankers and investors must not believe very much in this?

hcap
08-21-2020, 09:31 AM
Then why is billions being spent on huge developments around the globe very close to the elevation of the tidal plane. According to you, and your theory, these building will have there foundation under water in no time. So bankers and investors must not believe very much in this?English please. I don't speak Modern Incomprehensible Trumpite.

tucker6
08-21-2020, 10:20 AM
English please. I don't speak Modern Incomprehensible Trumpite.

Oh you got his point all right. Why did the infallible Obama buy a beach front home if it'll be under water in no time? A couple years ago you breathlessly told us that that we may, could, possibly have five feet of rise in this century. Now you're down to a foot. Reality is a bitch ain't it.

For the record, I predicted 9-10 inches of sea rise this century, which is in line with the long term trend over the last millennium.

hcap
08-21-2020, 11:21 AM
Oh you got his point all right. Why did the infallible Obama buy a beach front home if it'll be under water in no time? A couple years ago you breathlessly told us that that we may, could, possibly have five feet of rise in this century. Now you're down to a foot. Reality is a bitch ain't it.

For the record, I predicted 9-10 inches of sea rise this century, which is in line with the long term trend over the last millennium.Why are you taking an all or nothing approach. It does not take a biblical flood to alter our lives.
I told you the world as we know it will be changed for our children.

Your prediction is an underestimation, and does not take into account what is happening now.

"By the end of the century, global mean sea level is likely to rise at least one foot (0.3 meters) above 2000 levels, even if greenhouse gas emissions follow a relatively low pathway in coming decades."

With you Trumpites ignoring climate change, and without stronger efforts to curb carbon, greenhouse gasses could easily skyrocket.

It is beginning in major cities like Miami.

NASA’s Jet Propulsion (https://southeastfloridaclimatecompact.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/2015-Compact-Unified-Sea-Level-Rise-Projection.pdf)Laboratory estimates a global sea level increase of 3 inches since 1992. The sea level by 2030 is projected to be 6-10 inches above the 1992 level, accelerating to 14-26 inches by 2060.

And.....

8 American cities that could disappear by 2100
By conservative estimates, cities around the world could witness more than 6 feet of flooding by the year 2100. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has predicted that sea levels could rise by 10 to 12 feet if global emissions continue unabated.

GLOBAL AND REGIONAL SEA LEVEL RISE SCENARIOS FOR THE UNITED STATES
https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/publications/techrpt83_Global_and_Regional_SLR_Scenarios_for_th e_US_final.pdf

tucker6
08-21-2020, 12:02 PM
Your prediction is an underestimation, and does not take into account what is happening now.

"By the end of the century, global mean sea level is likely to rise at least one foot (0.3 meters) above 2000 levels, even if greenhouse gas emissions follow a relatively low pathway in coming decades."

NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory estimates a global sea level increase of 3 inches since 1992. The sea level by 2030 is projected to be 6-10 inches above the 1992 level, accelerating to 14-26 inches by 2060.

And.....

By conservative estimates, cities around the world could witness more than 6 feet of flooding by the year 2100. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has predicted that sea levels could rise by 10 to 12 feet if global emissions continue unabated.

So let me get this straight. I predict 9-10 inches per century. NASA estimates the current rate is 10.7 inches per century (100/28*3"). That is roughly the same rate the oceans have been rising for centuries. Despite that and without any acceleration being seen in the record, you are saying that we may see 10-12 foot rises by 2100. Do you see how unrealistic, grossly improbable, and unsupported your numbers are? You literally have nothing backing up your numbers. Which 8 American cities will be flooded by 2100 with one foot of extra ocean levels? The answer is NONE, which is why Obama bought his beachfront property.

chrisl
08-21-2020, 12:04 PM
English please. I don't speak Modern Incomprehensible Trumpite.

Pretty simple Q's. Why are the bank's funding projects to be built very close to Tidal elevations. Why are cities building departments issuing permits for these projects, if the tide land's are going change, to impact these bldg's. It is very apparent you do not have an answer. But instead you deflect by saying I am a Trumpite. How does my post pertain to Trump?

xtb
08-21-2020, 12:29 PM
Pretty simple Q's. Why are the bank's funding projects to be built very close to Tidal elevations. Why are cities building departments issuing permits for these projects, if the tide land's are going change, to impact these bldg's. It is very apparent you do not have an answer. But instead you deflect by saying I am a Trumpite. How does my post pertain to Trump?

When they have nothing else they name call.

rastajenk
08-21-2020, 12:30 PM
Everything goes back to Trump, don'tcha know? Didn't you watch the Dems' convene? :popcorn:

jay68802
08-21-2020, 01:24 PM
It was hot in Death Valley. Surprise!:lol:

46zilzal
08-21-2020, 03:28 PM
it has been a long time since I enjoyed a good anthropocene

The ignorant will always be surprised in their constant looking backwards

davew
08-21-2020, 04:06 PM
The ignorant will always be surprised in their constant looking backwards

it is amazing how the NOAA can adjust the raw data from the 1930's because they know what the numbers should have been,

tucker6
08-21-2020, 04:47 PM
it is amazing how the NOAA can adjust the raw data from the 1930's because they know what the numbers should have been,

always in the same direction too!! Colder in the past and warmer closer to present. Makes the graphs look toastier. :cool:

Tom
08-21-2020, 07:01 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/full/4327837696/hC0A8E6C1/acting-like-animals-a-perfect-day-for-tanning

hcap
08-22-2020, 03:26 AM
So let me get this straight. I predict 9-10 inches per century. NASA estimates the current rate is 10.7 inches per century (100/28*3"). That is roughly the same rate the oceans have been rising for centuries. Despite that and without any acceleration being seen in the record, you are saying that we may see 10-12 foot rises by 2100. Do you see how unrealistic, grossly improbable, and unsupported your numbers are? You literally have nothing backing up your numbers. Which 8 American cities will be flooded by 2100 with one foot of extra ocean levels? The answer is NONE, which is why Obama bought his beachfront property.You Trumpites do not read. I did say

It is now 20 years past 2000

"In some ocean basins, sea level rise has been as much as 6-8 inches (15-20 centimeters) since the start of the satellite record in 1993."

I also said it was significantly faster in ceratain coastal cities.....

It is beginning in major cities like Miami.

NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory estimates a global sea level increase of 3 inches since 1992. The sea level by 2030 is projected to be 6-10 inches above the 1992 level, accelerating to 14-26 inches by 2060.

https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/publications/techrpt83_Global_and_Regional_SLR_Scenarios_for_th e_US_final.pdf

Trumpites=GIGO

Garbage In Garbage Out
And we are taking out your garbage

hcap
08-22-2020, 04:25 AM
Do you no what a "Tipping point" is in climatology? The earths biosphere is roughly in equilibrium. A balance of forces that can be tilted without requiring major factors be altered by large amounts

Climate tipping points — too risky to bet against
The growing threat of abrupt and irreversible climate changes must compel political and economic action on emissions.
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-03595-0

Politicians, economists and even some natural scientists have tended to assume that tipping points1 in the Earth system — such as the loss of the Amazon rainforest or the West Antarctic ice sheet — are of low probability and little understood. Yet evidence is mounting that these events could be more likely than was thought, have high impacts and are interconnected across different biophysical systems, potentially committing the world to long-term irreversible changes.

tucker6
08-22-2020, 06:11 AM
Do you no what a "Tipping point" is in climatology? The earths biosphere is roughly in equilibrium. A balance of forces that can be tilted without requiring major factors be altered by large amounts

Climate tipping points — too risky to bet against
The growing threat of abrupt and irreversible climate changes must compel political and economic action on emissions.
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-03595-0

Politicians, economists and even some natural scientists have tended to assume that tipping points1 in the Earth system — such as the loss of the Amazon rainforest or the West Antarctic ice sheet — are of low probability and little understood. Yet evidence is mounting that these events could be more likely than was thought, have high impacts and are interconnected across different biophysical systems, potentially committing the world to long-term irreversible changes.

It will be nice when we finally get past all these tipping points so we don’t have to hear the BS any longer.

hcap
08-22-2020, 06:20 AM
It will be nice when we finally get past all these tipping points so we don’t have to hear the BS any longer.

What does your hero radio weatherman wanna be climatologist Anthony Watts say about tipping points?

And while you are at how piss poorly you climate deniers did predicting the climate was not gonna warm after misreading the data claiming a so-called "pause" was a valid predictor of what was to come?

davew
08-22-2020, 06:35 AM
how can your scientists tell the ocean is rising and the land is not sinking?

Tom
08-22-2020, 09:06 AM
What does your hero radio weatherman wanna be climatologist Anthony Watts say about tipping points?

And while you are at how piss poorly you climate deniers did predicting the climate was not gonna warm after misreading the data claiming a so-called "pause" was a valid predictor of what was to come?

He says that no matter how much weight we put on an Guam, it will NOT tip over, as DEMOCRAT Hank Johnson has suggested. :lol::lol::lol:

btw, last night, at 11:20 pm, the local weather said NO RAIN today.
Right now at 9:05 am, it is POURING outside.

Long range forecasting......:lol::lol::lol:

hcap
08-22-2020, 10:44 AM
He says that no matter how much weight we put on an Guam, it will NOT tip over, as DEMOCRAT Hank Johnson has suggested. :lol::lol::lol:

btw, last night, at 11:20 pm, the local weather said NO RAIN today.
Right now at 9:05 am, it is POURING outside.

Long range forecasting......:lol::lol::lol:You mean like this republican schmuck who who used a snowball meting on his desk, to disprove global warming?:eek:

https://youtu.be/3E0a_60PMR8

hcap
08-22-2020, 10:50 AM
how can your scientists tell the ocean is rising and the land is not sinking?I explained this before. It is kinda complicated.
Are you ready?

My scientists have brains and understand science unlike you non-scientists who believe morons like your leader.

Inject any Clorox or Lysol lately?

Tom
08-22-2020, 04:16 PM
I explained this before. It is kinda complicated.
Are you ready?

My scientists have brains and understand science unlike you non-scientists who believe morons like your leader.

Inject any Clorox or Lysol lately?

Once again you are nothing but a liar.
Hey guys, can we get around of Poor baby for hcap?
His argument is so bad and flimsy, he has to LIE REPEATEDLY about it!

POOR BABY!

hcap
08-22-2020, 05:35 PM
Once again you are nothing but a liar.
Hey guys, can we get around of Poor baby for hcap?
His argument is so bad and flimsy, he has to LIE REPEATEDLY about it!

POOR BABY!Typical fact-free chimp:lol: