PDA

View Full Version : How creepy is Edwards?

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2004, 02:46 AM
All that fist pumping made him look like some sort of automaton.

And they call Kerry robotic? Man, Edwards just creeped me out with all those gyrations and thumbs up and arm pumps.

He just made Howard Dean look normal!

And you just know, that after all that arm pumping was over, as he walked backstage, he was muttering to himself "How the hell did we lose?"

boxcar
11-03-2004, 02:49 AM
My wife just got done saying that Edwards looked like a marionette controlled by a Puppet Master.

How pathetic...

Boxcar

sq764
11-03-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by boxcar
My wife just got done saying that Edwards looked like a marionette controlled by a Puppet Master.

How pathetic...

Boxcar

He seriously looked like a kid who's bike had been stolen..He almost looked like he was going to cry.. I wish he would have.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-03-2004, 09:48 AM
Edwards gave up running for his Senate seat - and got replaced by a Republican!

chickenhead
11-03-2004, 10:45 AM
Edwards was a weak choice for veep, brought nothing new to the table, while losing all the jews.

Surpassed only by Kerry's weakness.

Now I'm hearing it will be McCain vs. Billary in 2008. Dems need a psychiatrist. They have lost it.

cj
11-03-2004, 10:46 AM
I think it will be Rudy, no way I can see McCain as the Republican nominee.

sq764
11-03-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by cj
I think it will be Rudy, no way I can see McCain as the Republican nominee.

Rudy Vs Hillary... That's my guess for 2008

chickenhead
11-03-2004, 10:48 AM
why not? I actually like McCain...I voted for him in the repub primary of 2000....

cj
11-03-2004, 10:51 AM
McCain is more moderate than Bush, and a lot of Republicans aren't happy with some of Bush's policies.

schweitz
11-03-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by cj
no way I can see McCain as the Republican nominee.

I agree.

chickenhead
11-03-2004, 11:07 AM
I'm not so sure about Rudy....I know people love him, but a mayor?

I don't think it really matters, if Hillary gets through the primaries the Repubs could run a homeless guy against her, I give Hillary ZERO shot of winning.

sq764
11-03-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by chickenhead
I'm not so sure about Rudy....I know people love him, but a mayor?

I don't think it really matters, if Hillary gets through the primaries the Repubs could run a homeless guy against her, I give Hillary ZERO shot of winning.

I think Rudy's challenge would be that he is loved locally, but not exactly well known nationally..

On the other hand, Hillary is equally hated nationally, so that could bring an interesting race up..

I really think Obama (not Osama) is being groomed by the Dems as the next great hope.. Not for 2008, but maybe 20012..

doophus
11-03-2004, 11:12 AM
At least Hillary's Supremy nomination is on hold for at least another 4yrs.

H-A-L-L-E-L-U-J-A-H!!

p.s. Sq stated...

"I really think Obama (not Osama) is being groomed by the Dems as the next great hope.. Not for 2008, but maybe 20012.."

Okay by me. the great, great, great, (ad infinitum) grandchildren will have that worry in '20012'.:D ;)

schweitz
11-03-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by chickenhead
I give Hillary ZERO shot of winning.

I agree with this also.

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2004, 11:32 AM
Yeah, how does Kerry being defeated help Hillary? Maybe within her own party, but certainly not with the American public.

Dems need to wake up and see that the candidates they are putting up are completely out of touch with a majority of America, as yesterday's vote underscores.

Lefty
11-03-2004, 11:35 AM
PA, it helps her because now there's no Dem incumbent and it clears her path for a run.

Steve 'StatMan'
11-03-2004, 12:42 PM
While I admire John McCain, do know that he's been very active in trying to ban Collegiate Sports betting in the U.S. including Las Vegas. Despite that it's the legal bookmakers in Las Vegas that tend to uncover and report suspected sports cheating/point shaving, that it will still be done illegally and especially off-shore and over the internet. He's taking the stand that 'betting on kids is wrong', not necessarily a bad thought, just not realistic. Las Vegas would stand to lose a lot of money, plus the taxes generated to the State of Nevada and the U.S., plus it won't eliminate the 'problem', just drive it further underground and/or offshore.

Hillary would likely still be a serious contender like John Kerry, and would still take a lot of effort to beat. The split between male/female votes might be much closer as well.

chickenhead
11-03-2004, 12:48 PM
Hillary would absolutely need I think a heavyweight moderate southern (male) governor as her running mate. She's married to one, but I think it would take two to get the job done.

JustRalph
11-03-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by cj
McCain is more moderate than Bush, and a lot of Republicans aren't happy with some of Bush's policies.

Bingo.........right on target!