PDA

View Full Version : Horse fried steak?

fast4522
08-10-2020, 09:24 PM
5 horses butchered near Texas town since May - and police think someone’s eating them

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/national/article244866042.html

mikesal57
08-10-2020, 09:27 PM
5 horses butchered near Texas town since May - and police think someone’s eating them

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/national/article244866042.html

Isn't Texas BBQ considered the best.?

dlivery
08-10-2020, 09:40 PM
:rip:Death what would be better

mikesal57
08-10-2020, 09:48 PM
:rip:Death what would be better

:ThmbUp:

I say...EAT UP!!!

MargieRose
08-10-2020, 11:00 PM
:rip:Death what would be betterWhom are you referring to? Who's "starving"?...the killers or the horses?

The horses were, apparently, well cared for: "He went to the property his grandfather owns to feed and water the family's two horses Goldie and Sugar."

Either way, your comment is quite callous, and posted on a horseracing board, no less. Shame on you!

MargieRose
08-10-2020, 11:01 PM

I say...EAT UP!!!Ditto, to you!

mikesal57
08-10-2020, 11:02 PM
Whom are you referring to? Who's "starving"?...the killers or the horses?

The horses were, apparently, well cared for: "He went to the property his grandfather owns to feed and water the family's two horses Goldie and Sugar."

Either way, your comment is quite callous, and posted on a horseracing board, no less. Shame on you!

he did post on "Off Topic-General"

:lol::lol::lol:

MargieRose
08-10-2020, 11:13 PM
he did post on "Off Topic-General"

:lol::lol::lol:Poor excuse! Go riot someplace.

mikesal57
08-10-2020, 11:16 PM
Poor excuse! Go riot someplace.

JustRalph
08-10-2020, 11:19 PM
Texas has a couple of deep sub cultures.

I saw this same thing in NC when I was there. Mostly cows in remote pastures. But some horses.

Tor Ekman
08-10-2020, 11:27 PM
Whom are you referring to? Who's "starving"?...the killers or the horses?

I agree, some of the posts in this thread are really in poor taste (pun not intended). How any supposed horse racing fan could make jokes about this story is beyond me.

fast4522
08-10-2020, 11:36 PM
I agree, some of the posts in this thread are really in poor taste (pun not intended). How any supposed horse racing fan could make jokes about this story is beyond me.

I started the thread because I read somewhere the year before there was a vote to outlaw it because on a virus in the meat, then I read something about a judge ruled it legal. When I saw it was from Texas I thought some of those judges down there don't even go to law school. Maybe JR would have something on this was in my part of the thinking in posting knowing his love of them there judges. :lol:

barahona44
08-11-2020, 03:53 PM
Any people in that part of Texas who recently moved from France?

dlivery
08-11-2020, 04:08 PM
Lion and the Lamb.

I knownly did post into something I know very little I know about.

Actor
08-12-2020, 08:30 PM
Many years ago two of my co-workers were sent to Germany on company business. They found themselves in a restaurant, unable to read the menu. One of them saw a waiter carrying what appeared to be a thick juicy steak. He pointed and managed to tell the waiter that was what he wanted. When the bill arrived the other guy set about translating it with a small German-English dictionary. "Kevin," he said, "you just ate horse meat."

mikesal57
08-12-2020, 08:43 PM
Many years ago two of my co-workers were sent to Germany on company business. They found themselves in a restaurant, unable to read the menu. One of them saw a waiter carrying what appeared to be a thick juicy steak. He pointed and managed to tell the waiter that was what he wanted. When the bill arrived the other guy set about translating it with a small German-English dictionary. "Kevin," he said, "you just ate horse meat."

Actually, my in-laws and wife are Cuban......

They still eat horse meat to this day.....

When I go in their house and see it......I give it a .....

mikesal57
08-12-2020, 08:45 PM
Damn....Margies gonna crucify us...

fast4522
08-12-2020, 09:35 PM
Damn....Margies gonna crucify us...

Why single the lady out, one of the few that we have been lucky to have posting with us. I take that into consideration and appreciate having her here.

mikesal57
08-12-2020, 09:41 PM
Why single the lady out, one of the few that we have been lucky to have posting with us. I take that into consideration and appreciate having her here.

Its a joke...come on....

fast4522
08-12-2020, 09:46 PM
Its a joke...come on....

Then choose your wording that does not effect her viewpoints.

mikesal57
08-12-2020, 09:49 PM

Like her telling me to go take a hike....

Did I go in a corner and cry....

just chill dude...

:bang:

sammy the sage
08-12-2020, 10:06 PM

If one disagrees with another's viewpoint...so be it....don't think Margie would agree with putting her on the BLM like pedestal at the moment....(that's a figure of speech or analogy if you will)....she's a strong woman and can stand on her own merits...Click as well...

I do miss "Grits"....and others tho....hope they are doing well...

fast4522
08-12-2020, 10:22 PM
I do miss "Grits"....and others tho....hope they are doing well...

So you do see my thinking, anyone who takes the time can figure out why she left. Shelby not so clear.

sammy the sage
08-12-2020, 11:19 PM
So you do see my thinking, anyone who takes the time can figure out why she left. Shelby not so clear.

Yeah...but you ARE PRACTICING a DOUBLE standard as a hypercrit....by the way you attack...let's say Click...

Mikesal was joking...you are serious....

But then you come try come across as holier than thou...

what-ever...

ps...doesn't mean I agree with Click or Mike...just your style....but hey...we agree on MOST things...just not all...

fast4522
08-12-2020, 11:26 PM
So shoot me I support friends, and I am a serious at times. I am suspect of those who present themselves as something they are not.

MargieRose
08-13-2020, 12:09 AM
So shoot me I support friends, and I am a serious at times. I am suspect of those who present themselves as something they are not.It's okay, Fast; no harm done. http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/no/shaking-head-no-smiley-emoticon.gif

And...I appreciate you and your friendship, too. http://calltothepost.yuku.com/forum_data/forums.ca/call/calltothepost/smilies/1ff192be3926e842cc73582ef74e28b4.gif

chrisl
08-13-2020, 03:10 PM
My grandparents on my mothers side are Scandinavian. My mom told me that when she was younger and they had a family get together. My Grandfather would drive to Canada to get horse meat for the occasion. It was a delicacy. They loved it. My mother having a horse, could not even understand them eating it.