PDA

View Full Version : Boxcar Network Projects: No Moore Kerry

boxcar
11-03-2004, 01:08 AM
It looks like N.M. is all but in the bag, which, of course, would put Bush over the top with its 5 electroral votes. And Bush has very recently gained ground in IA and NV and is now virtually tied with Lurch in both these states.

Of course, the Broadcast stations haven't given OH to Bush, as Fox has. It appears that Blather, Jennings, Broakaw, etc. are all in denial and in the process of entering meltdown mode. They still think that Kerry can win the state, even though Bush had maintained just about the same margin of lead throughout the tallying process. Fox has it from their sources that it would take nothing short of a miracle for Kerry to gain enough votes in the remaining precints to pull this out. They (and their sources) just don't think it's statistically possible.

Neither does your humble correspondent.... ;)

Good-bye, Lurch. Believe me when I tell ya, it hasn't been a pleasure.

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2004, 01:09 AM
NBC gave Ohio to Bush a while ago

Steve 'StatMan'
11-03-2004, 01:14 AM
ABC hasn't projected Bush in Ohio yet, but it sure is looking that way. Lots of provisional ballots, perhaps as many as 150,000 that will not be counted until I think it's 12 days after the election. Would be important if the margin in all other votes is less than the number of provisional votes.

But hopefully Ohio will officially go red.

sq764
11-03-2004, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Steve'StatMan'BTW
ABC hasn't projected Bush in Ohio yet, but it sure is looking that way. Lots of provisional ballots, perhaps as many as 150,000 that will not be counted until I think it's 12 days after the election. Would be important if the margin in all other votes is less than the number of provisional votes.

But hopefully Ohio will officially go red.

Well, 200,000 possible provisional ballots.. Of those, they will probably not allow 50,000... So as it looks, Kerry would have to win greater than 2/3 of hte remaining provisional ballots.. Ain't gonna happen..

BillW
11-03-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by sq764
Well, 200,000 possible provisional ballots.. Of those, they will probably not allow 50,000... So as it looks, Kerry would have to win greater than 2/3 of hte remaining provisional ballots.. Ain't gonna happen..

Ohio Sec. of State said 130,000 to 150,000 provisional ballots total. Kerry would need close to 100%.