PDA

View Full Version : G. Floyd Officer is screwed now

JustRalph
07-22-2020, 07:35 PM
https://minnesotareformer.com/2020/07/22/derek-chauvin-charged-with-tax-fraud-in-washington-county/

One way or another they will get ya......

biggestal99
07-23-2020, 01:57 PM
https://minnesotareformer.com/2020/07/22/derek-chauvin-charged-with-tax-fraud-in-washington-county/

Also shows voter fraud.

Allan

TJDave
07-23-2020, 03:06 PM

I’m still on the fence about changing my residency to Texas. I have until 30 days before the election. I can do it by mail.

I lived in Mexico from ‘95 til 2011 and remember all us ex-pats shopping the various states for the best deals on car registration. :lol:

garyscpa
07-23-2020, 05:42 PM
Also shows voter fraud.

Allan

Really, why?

clicknow
07-23-2020, 05:53 PM

Yeah, plenty of examples where people get in trouble over other things, then it's found out in the course of being investigated that they are not paying their taxes. Which is pretty serious stuff, because even if you get off on the other things you will get nailed with a felony for the tax stuff.

Stevecsd2
07-23-2020, 10:17 PM
because even if you get off on the other things you will get nailed with a felony for the tax stuff.

Just remember Al Capone. They couldn't get him on his bootlegging, numerous murders and assaults. But he was sent away for 10 years for income tax evasion.

kingfin66
07-24-2020, 12:57 AM
I’m still on the fence about changing my residency to Texas. I have until 30 days before the election. I can do it by mail.

I lived in Mexico from ‘95 til 2011 and remember all us ex-pats shopping the various states for the best deals on car registration. :lol:

I met up with an elderly horseplayer in Mazatlan several years back. He was ex-pat from the bay area. Had South Dakota plates on his car. He said that through his research, he learned that SD had a lifetime registration. It was also cheap.

TJDave
07-24-2020, 02:05 AM
I met up with an elderly horseplayer in Mazatlan several years back. He was ex-pat from the bay area. Had South Dakota plates on his car. He said that through his research, he learned that SD had a lifetime registration. It was also cheap.

Yeah, I remember one of the Dakotas was a sweet deal. There were many variables. Some States allowed mail in/internet registration. Some allowed DL’s from other States. My main concern was not having to make the trip. Also, Mexico was, at that time, pretty laid back. Now they make you register your vehicle and get a MX license. No more hanky panky.

clicknow
07-24-2020, 02:06 PM
"$464,433, including more than $95,000 that Derek Chauvin earned from off-duty security work."

I guess he had some kind of protection scheme going. You gotta wonder how a beat cop manages that kind of income and a 2nd home in FL. Now we know. And he was registered to vote in FL...not in MN

He leaned on Floyd's neck for a fake $20 bill.........now he's gonna get leaned on for over $400K by the IRS.

He was getting $250/shift in cash from one of the clubs that he was running security for. He was paid to sit in his car and be available. 5 days a week, that would be 65K a year tax free.

Hope the wife gets arrested too. Wanna bet she didn't divorce him over his cruelty to Floyd but to protect joint assets.

Wonder how many other cops have a similar cash only arrangement upon which they do not pay taxes?

PaceAdvantage
07-24-2020, 05:49 PM
Wonder how many other cops have a similar cash only arrangement upon which they do not pay taxes?Why limit your question to cops? It's a widespread practice that has been around since like, forever (or at least 1862 when the IRS was formed). :lol:

MargieRose
07-24-2020, 06:07 PM
Why limit your question to cops? It's a widespread practice that has been around since like, forever (or at least 1862 when the IRS was formed). :lol:Illegal immigrants?

JustRalph
07-24-2020, 07:00 PM
"$464,433, including more than $95,000 that Derek Chauvin earned from off-duty security work."

I guess he had some kind of protection scheme going. You gotta wonder how a beat cop manages that kind of income and a 2nd home in FL. Now we know. And he was registered to vote in FL...not in MN

He leaned on Floyd's neck for a fake $20 bill.........now he's gonna get leaned on for over $400K by the IRS.

He was getting $250/shift in cash from one of the clubs that he was running security for. He was paid to sit in his car and be available. 5 days a week, that would be 65K a year tax free.

Hope the wife gets arrested too. Wanna bet she didn't divorce him over his cruelty to Floyd but to protect joint assets.

Wonder how many other cops have a similar cash only arrangement upon which they do not pay taxes?

Protection racket? Scheme? Stop watching Mannix reruns.

He’s considered a private contractor just like thousands of cops all over the country. And millions of others in different businesses. You turn it into the government or not. If you go over 600 bucks in a year, you should get a tax form. If they didn’t give him one.....?

They got all this from listening to his phone calls in jail with his wife.

They want to shotgun the charges to appease “the community”.

He was probably getting 30-35 an hour for off duty work. Good for him.......it can be a real bear on your life but some guys do it every week

clicknow
07-25-2020, 06:27 AM
You turn it into the government or not. If you go over 600 bucks in a year, you should get a tax form. If they didn’t give him one.....?

Not gonna go there. Legitimate businesses give you a form and if they don't you ask for one. Esp. if you are working for them every weekend for 5 years. ;)

This isn't like the leafblower guy who came to your house in October to blow the leave out of your driveway and bag them one time.

If you're going to be a criminal, then learn how to do it right. Unless they are paying you in cash, and you never deposit it into a bank, but keep it under your mattress, earnings like $95K from working every weekend at the same restaurant for 5 years has a habit of "showing up." ;) His wife sounds even more stupid, as she deposited 340 checks into her bank, then they sell a house and not pay the correct taxes and buy a $100K BMW.

It SURE didn't help that they didn't file state income taxes between 2016 through 2018 and then when they finally did, they under-reported their earnings.

Most criminals are not too bright. But some are just dumber than others. Getting slammed with a few felonies might smarten them up a little though.

He's in "law enforcement". Snicker.

therussmeister
07-26-2020, 09:39 PM

I wonder how many horse players have a similar cash only arrangement upon which they do not pay taxes?

PaceAdvantage
07-26-2020, 09:42 PM
I wonder how many horse players have a similar cash only arrangement upon which they do not pay taxes?Any cash business, or potential cash business...

Ever ask someone about their "cash price?"

It's pervasive.

clicknow
07-26-2020, 11:30 PM
I wonder how many horse players have a similar cash only arrangement upon which they do not pay taxes?

Plenty of topics over the years on the main board about that i.e. nobody suggesting it of course. (good practice).

I don't know of anyone who gives advice to people cheating on their taxes, but if you have a good accountant who can find legal loopholes for you, they pay for themselves over the years.. In these days of AWDs it's a lot harder to 'hide' wagering money and long gone are the days of guys sweeping up tickets off the floor at tracks to build losses.

At Oaklawn, security cameras pick that up in a hurry, and you will be approached by security, warned, then asked to leave if it continues and even banned. Basically, if it doesn't belong to you then you don't touch it.

Interestingly there have been cases where auditors were able to compare, contrast and collate betting patterns of a scooper-upper, and the windows where the wagers were placed. When a scoooper scoops up a large ticket of a wager that was placed up on the 2nd floor, and most of his tickets are smaller wagers and/or from a certain bank of windows, they can see those patterns, too.......I mean, IF they really wanted to go after somebody.:)

Any cash business, or potential cash business...

Ever ask someone about their "cash price?"

It's pervasive.

People paying with cash saves a small store from paying exorbitant credit card processing fees. No reason not to pass on a portion of the savings to cash customers and/or people who don't run up bills for months at a time.

Same at hospitals, etc. They will often ofter a cash on the spot discount if you pay your bill in full, rather than chase a deadbeat around for months on end who aren't paying.

The difference is that the hospital and store is recording your payment and gives you a receipt for it. Stores also have inventory systems, so do bars, restaurants, so it's not like you can take a lot of money under the table because it will show up.

The crook we are talking about here just took cash for work and never reported the income, which of course is a totally different scenario

PaceAdvantage
07-27-2020, 12:01 AM
Do you think every time you have someone over your house to fix something...to renovate a room...to re-sod your lawn....to paint the outside of your house...to install a new circuit breaker box....and they offer you a "cash discount...."

That they report that cash?

I'll tell you straight up that 99.99% don't report it...

'cause that's tax-free income right into their pocket...and it goes on all the time all over the place.

Just look at the IRS estimates of how much tax revenue is lost by this "underground economy."