PDA

View Full Version : state leading unemployment these days

lamboguy
07-19-2020, 03:49 PM
its Massachusetts.

the governor gambled that he could clean up the corona by shutting everything down and keeping people out of Mass. from other states that have high rates of virus.

so far the virus is basically gone, but people are still out of work.

unemployment rate is 17.5%. the rate had gone from best before the corona age to worst.

JustRalph
07-19-2020, 07:28 PM
its Massachusetts.

the governor gambled that he could clean up the corona by shutting everything down and keeping people out of Mass. from other states that have high rates of virus.

unemployment rate is 17.5%. the rate had gone from best before the corona age to worst.

The employers went out of business.

They didn’t just close and wait to re-open. Franchises especially.

They serve multiple masters. Fixed costs continue when you are closed. Rent-utilities-insurance etc

No place to go back to work

jimmyb
07-19-2020, 10:16 PM
its Massachusetts.

Highest unemployment and 3rd highest covid death rate. Average age of the dead is 82. No deaths under the age of 20, 137 under the age of 50. 8,184 confirmed dead, 5,328 in nursing homes.

And the politicians keep talking of increasing gasoline, home heat and electricity taxes. Many citizens can't pay rent and will probably end up being evicted. Lucky for us the politicians are still drawing a paycheck.:mad:

lamboguy
07-20-2020, 01:40 AM
Highest unemployment and 3rd highest covid death rate. Average age of the dead is 82. No deaths under the age of 20, 137 under the age of 50. 8,184 confirmed dead, 5,328 in nursing homes.

And the politicians keep talking of increasing gasoline, home heat and electricity taxes. Many citizens can't pay rent and will probably end up being evicted. Lucky for us the politicians are still drawing a paycheck.:mad:the worst part is that we are supposedly represented by our politicians. have you ever tried to get hold of any of them now if you have a problem? they basically put you on ignore. i tried for 2 years to speak with my city councilor. that is a paid public servant here with a budget. i spoke to one of the guys that worked for my councilor to get an appointment to speak in person or get a phone call from him over a housing matter. i waited 3 months without a response. i finally went to the city councillors home. i waited until he walked out of the house to get into his car. i went up to him and told him i was a constituent. he told me i have to go through normal channels to speak to him. i told him who i was, he went back in the house and called the police to arrest me fro trespassing on his property. he gave up the seat 3 months later so it didn't matter any longer.

my congressman (woman in my case) is another waste of time along with my 2 senators. Ted Kennedy happened to be great. the bottom line here is that i am paying for representatives that don't want to represent. all i get is new rules and regulations that do me no good.

Actor
07-20-2020, 02:37 AM
so far the virus is basically gone, ...Not according to yesterday's news. What is your source for this bit of misinformation?

lamboguy
07-20-2020, 03:03 AM
Not according to yesterday's news. What is your source for this bit of misinformation?its not completely gone, the total cases 3 months ago were over 2000 per day, today its under 200.

https://www.google.com/search?q=corona+cases+in+massachusetts&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS735US735&oq=clorona+cases+in+&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l7.19606j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

tucker6
07-20-2020, 10:43 AM
its not completely gone, the total cases 3 months ago were over 2000 per day, today its under 200.

https://www.google.com/search?q=corona+cases+in+massachusetts&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS735US735&oq=clorona+cases+in+&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l7.19606j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Would you rather have 5% unemployment and 2000 cases/day indefinitely or 17% unemployment and 200 cases/day indefinitely? Bottom line is that the 17% unemployment will eventually rear its ugly head in the form of addiction, violence, mental illness, and poverty. Is it worth it for an illness that kills at the rate of 3 per 1,000 people? How many will die instead because of those other afflictions? 5 out of a 1,000? 10? More?