PDA

View Full Version : Mary Mallon

Actor
07-18-2020, 09:38 PM
Mary Mallon, better known as Typoid Mary, was an asymptomatic carrier of typhoid fever. Although immune to the disease herself she infected 53 people, 3 of whom died. She was involuntarily quarantined twice, first from 1907 to 1910, then from 1915 until her death in 1938.

The Mary Mallon case is precedent. A nationwide order to wear a mask is enforceable and constitutional.

We will not see such an order until January of next year. If Trump wins re-election we will not see one at all.

GMB@BP
07-18-2020, 09:56 PM
Mary Mallon, better known as Typoid Mary, was an asymptomatic carrier of typhoid fever. Although immune to the disease herself she infected 53 people, 3 of whom died. She was involuntarily quarantined twice, first from 1907 to 1910, then from 1915 until her death in 1938.

The Mary Mallon case is precedent. A nationwide order to wear a mask is enforceable and constitutional.

We will not see such an order until January of next year. If Trump wins re-election we will not see one at all.

Its not really enforceable. Cops are getting assaulted over riots they sure as heck are not eager to be the mask enforcement agency.

horses4courses
07-18-2020, 10:05 PM
Its not really enforceable. Cops are getting assaulted over riots they sure as heck are not eager to be the mask enforcement agency.

If it's a rule of the house, the offender is subject to trespass arrest.
Local law enforcement will enforce that.

Tom
07-18-2020, 10:13 PM

You think they are going to bother at all with that?
They are ordered to stand down during lootings, statue defamations, street closures.....mask will NEVER be enforced by cops. IF they enforce people at a bar not wearing masks and let demonstrators get away wit hit, you now have legitimate lawsuits for unequal protection under the law. You cannot enforce laws only on certain groups of people.

And it is NOT constitutional - they cannot force us to buy and war anything.
IT will never happen.

You got a better shot at putting tooth paste back into the tube.:lol:

You wanted less cops, now you have to live ( or die ) by that decision.

horses4courses
07-18-2020, 10:19 PM
You think they are going to bother at all with that?
They are ordered to stand down during lootings, statue defamations, street closures.....mask will NEVER be enforced by cops. IF they enforce people at a bar not wearing masks and let demonstrators get away wit hit, you now have legitimate lawsuits for unequal protection under the law. You cannot enforce laws only on certain groups of people.

And it is NOT constitutional - they cannot force us to buy and war anything.
IT will never happen.

You got a better shot at putting tooth paste back into the tube.:lol:

Local businesses and local cops work closely together.
It comes down to a judgement call.

Some a**hole who won't wear a mask is told to leave.
Should he refuse to, his next port of call is a jail cell.
Pretty simple, really.

GMB@BP
07-18-2020, 10:20 PM

Good luck with that...my wife works at a grocery store, masks are mandatory but they wont kick anyone out and then you just go to self checkout.

I suppose if you had an owner call the police, the police take the time to show up, there person is still there, does not put on a mask when the police ask, well then there you go, I guess it COULD happen.

Of course your side is trying to get rid of the cops so not sure how that is going to go.

horses4courses
07-18-2020, 10:21 PM

You sound like Trump talking about Biden.
Wasting his "hard earned" campaign funds on false advertising.
Saying that Biden wants to defund. That's BS, and we all know it.

horses4courses
07-18-2020, 10:23 PM
Good luck with that...my wife works at a grocery store, masks are mandatory but they wont kick anyone out and then you just go to self checkout.

I suppose if you had an owner call the police, the police take the time to show up, there person is still there, does not put on a mask when the police ask, well then there you go, I guess it COULD happen.

Of course your side is trying to get rid of the cops so not sure how that is going to go.

The guy gets no groceries....unless he tries to steal them.

TJDave
07-18-2020, 10:26 PM
Its not really enforceable.

ANY law is enforceable. It all depends on the penalty.

I once got a ticket for jaywalking...$198.00

I won’t get another.

horses4courses
07-18-2020, 10:30 PM

Is that after we get everyone to memorize the Communist Manifesto???

Your side gets filled full of such crap, it's shameful.

JustRalph
07-18-2020, 10:59 PM

You’re not exactly a legal beagle are you.

FDR locked up thousands of Japanese Americans. The FDR imprisonment of the Japanese is precedent, who do we lock up next?

horses4courses
07-18-2020, 11:02 PM

FDR locked up thousands of Japanese Americans. The FDR imprisonment of the Japanese is precedent, who do we lock up next?

Check near the Mexican border.

davew
07-18-2020, 11:08 PM
Mary Mallon was illegally imprisoned.

PaceAdvantage
07-18-2020, 11:30 PM
See what I mean? A genuine illness this is...they can't help themselves.

Actor
07-18-2020, 11:46 PM
Good luck with that...my wife works at a grocery store, masks are mandatory but they wont kick anyone out and then you just go to self checkout.The grocery store where we buy groceries has a mask policy. I was there when they asked someone to leave.

I suppose if you had an owner call the police, the police take the time to show up, ...The grocery store has a rent-a-cop. Said cop was wearing a mask. The guy left.

Actor
07-18-2020, 11:57 PM
You cannot enforce laws only on certain groups of people.Yes, you can. If you have limited resources you can make a decision on how to use the resources you do have.

And it is NOT constitutional - they cannot force us to buy and war[sic] anything.Yes, they can. Go back and review the SCOTUS decision on Obamacare.

IT will never happen.Probably not, at least not under Trump.

You got a better shot at putting tooth paste back into the tube.That's not that hard. They got it in the tube in the first place and the equipment is not that complicated. I think I could build it out of a bicycle tire pump.

hcap
07-19-2020, 03:58 AM

FDR locked up thousands of Japanese Americans. The FDR imprisonment of the Japanese is precedent, who do we lock up next?So, because you gents refuse to see the grim reality that covid-19 as a threat, you now excuse Typhoid Mary? A bit of a stretch to remain "in the right"?

:rolleyes:

lamboguy
07-19-2020, 06:15 AM
right from the start, the predictions from the "experts" ranged from 150-200 million people in the United States will get this plague. they are probably going to be close and wonder how much good masks can do now with so many people that have it unless the masks protect you, and most of them don't.

tucker6
07-19-2020, 06:55 AM
Yes, you can. If you have limited resources you can make a decision on how to use the resources you do have.

Yes, they can. Go back and review the SCOTUS decision on Obamacare.

Probably not, at least not under Trump.

That's not that hard. They got it in the tube in the first place and the equipment is not that complicated. I think I could build it out of a bicycle tire pump.

Actually it would unconstitutional for govt to require masks. 1st amendment issue. Businesses can mandate it but the worst that can happen is you’re asked to leave. Here in SC, I’d say mask wearers are like 30-40% and COVID isn’t impacting anyone’s life other than those frightened to death by every monster under the bed. Heck we even shake hands here and then sanitize afterwards. Amazing that you can practice safe greetings and interactions.

rastajenk
07-19-2020, 07:11 AM
Of the mask wearers I see, at my workplace or generally out and about, at least 75% of them are pulled down below the nose, sometimes nearly below the mouth.

Those people are trying to be conscientious and compliant at best, or just going through the theatrics more likely (that would include me). But it obviously reduces the intended effectiveness of the mask-policy. So if that many people are complying ineffectively, what is the point of a mandatory policy in the first place? I'm not buying the line that it's better than nothing. I would need to see the "science" that improperly worn masks still slow the spread. Until then, I am faithfully and unapologetically yours, An Anti-Masker. :kiss:

Tor Ekman
07-19-2020, 10:58 AM
Pissed off about having to wear a mask . . . literally:

Woman Urinates On Floor After Refusing To Leave Verizon Store For Not Wearing Mask

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2020/07/17/roseville-urination-verizon-arrest/

GMB@BP
07-19-2020, 11:38 AM
The grocery store where we buy groceries has a mask policy. I was there when they asked someone to leave.

The grocery store has a rent-a-cop. Said cop was wearing a mask. The guy left.

Her store, run by a company called Kroger, has rent a cops now and then but they rotate between stores so its hit or miss.

I feel like if your not wearing a mask without a doctors note as an excuse then you should be shot. People will get in line right quick.

People wonder why China has such good compliance, there is incentive.

46zilzal
07-19-2020, 01:16 PM

BACTERIAL infection not a virus

zico20
07-19-2020, 01:35 PM
ANY law is enforceable. It all depends on the penalty.

I once got a ticket for jaywalking...$198.00

I won’t get another.

That was your own dumbass fault. :lol: You should have told the cop you had no ID on you and then make up a name and address.

Actor
07-19-2020, 01:52 PM
BACTERIAL infection not a virusIrrelevant. The issue is contagion.

Actor
07-19-2020, 02:04 PM
Actually it would unconstitutional for govt to require masks."... ,promote the general welfare, ..." -- U.S. constitution.

1st amendment issue.How? You can speak through the mask. You can print stuff on the mask. How is it possibly a first amendment issue?

Actor
07-19-2020, 02:18 PM
That was your own dumbass fault. :lol: You should have told the cop you had no ID on you and then make up a name and address.Not a good idea. If you give the cop a false name and address then you are guilty of interfering with a police investigation and/or resisting arrest. Possibly perjury. Pay the fine.

tucker6
07-19-2020, 03:07 PM
I feel like if your not wearing a mask without a doctors note as an excuse then you should be shot. People will get in line right quick.

How totalitarian of you

tucker6
07-19-2020, 03:09 PM
"... ,promote the general welfare, ..." -- U.S. constitution.

How? You can speak through the mask. You can print stuff on the mask. How is it possibly a first amendment issue?

You cannot force someone to wear a mask any more than you can force a Jew to wear the Star of David on their shirt. Oops, that was tried once.

hcap
07-19-2020, 03:24 PM
You cannot force someone to wear a mask any more than you can force a Jew to wear the Star of David on their shirt. Oops, that was tried once.Traffic cops can not force you to buckle up, but sure as hell can issue a summons. Can governments force you to have a driver's licensee?

State laws establish vaccination requirements for school children.

tucker6
07-20-2020, 06:20 AM
Traffic cops can not force you to buckle up, but sure as hell can issue a summons. Can governments force you to have a driver's licensee?

State laws establish vaccination requirements for school children.

We’re talking apples (masks) and you’re talking oranges (seat belts). The left has come up with seat belts as a gotcha but it’s not even close to analogous. Try to find me one case where the govt forces someone what to WEAR. Go on Harry. Find it. After you do that, find me one state govt that requires face masks by law. You won’t because the states know it’s unconstitutional.

Tor Ekman
07-20-2020, 11:45 AM
We’re talking apples (masks) and you’re talking oranges (seat belts). The left has come up with seat belts as a gotcha but it’s not even close to analogous. Try to find me one case where the govt forces someone what to WEAR. Go on Harry. Find it. After you do that, find me one state govt that requires face masks by law. You won’t because the states know it’s unconstitutional.
Absolutely correct, because driving is a PRIVILEGE, not a RIGHT, the state is entitled to impose conditions on the exercise of that privilege.