PDA

View Full Version : Ivanka Trump's brilliant idea...

thaskalos
07-15-2020, 02:41 PM
Who said that Ivanka Trump is incapable of having an original thought? Here is her unique assessment of the current unemployment situation plaguing our nation:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/ivanka-trumps-wants-unemployed-americans-212549156.html

Why hadn't the unemployed thought of this sooner? :eek:

jk3521
07-15-2020, 02:47 PM
Who said that Ivanka Trump is incapable of having an original thought? Here is her unique assessment of the current unemployment situation plaguing our nation:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/ivanka-trumps-wants-unemployed-americans-212549156.html

"Find Something New ". The best catch phrase since "BE Best" ! , Whatever the hell that meant !

dlivery
07-15-2020, 02:48 PM
About there Jobs:rant:

tucker6
07-15-2020, 02:59 PM
What a bleak and negative view some have on here. Just in the past week I've hired two people that wanted to try out something new with their work lives. So without having heard it from Ivanka, some people are doing just that. It's not really bad advice. People that have worked in restaurants or retail are starting to second guess that line of work.

boxcar
07-15-2020, 03:07 PM

Maybe because they never had an original thought?

Besides...don't desperate times call for desperate measures? :coffee:

jk3521
07-15-2020, 03:09 PM
What a bleak and negative view some have on here. Just in the past week I've hired two people that wanted to try out something new with their work lives. So without having heard it from Ivanka, some people are doing just that. It's not really bad advice. People that have worked in restaurants or retail are starting to second guess that line of work.

Isn't that the way it has always been, at least for me. One door closes and another opens. It's the idea that this is something new to think about that makes me scratch my head.

Tor Ekman
07-15-2020, 03:37 PM
Heaven forbid that you should take the initiative over your own life . . . No, No, No, you should just sit at home and wait for Aunt Nancy and Uncle Chuck to throw more freebies your way :rolleyes:

jimmyb
07-15-2020, 03:39 PM

Right up there with 'Just Say No'.

tucker6
07-15-2020, 03:56 PM
Isn't that the way it has always been, at least for me. One door closes and another opens. It's the idea that this is something new to think about that makes me scratch my head.
I don't see the problem with reminders. Maybe some just don't like the messenger, but the message is fine.

Poindexter
07-15-2020, 04:14 PM
Do they have a choice? Whether you think the shutdowns were misguided or not, the reality is a lot of businesses will not make it. If they aren't shuttered now they may be in 6 months or a year. A lot of people are going to be unemployed for a long time unless they re-invent themselves. She is speaking truth which is always acceptable in my book. I do think it is time for these highly successful tech companies to reach out and offer the recently unemployed job skills and training and if possible employment down the road.

PaceAdvantage
07-15-2020, 04:17 PM

Why hadn't the unemployed thought of this sooner? :eek:That's right up there with "hide in your basement until a vaccine is found"...

She's as brilliant as SCIENCE!

garyscpa
07-15-2020, 05:23 PM
Wasn't it Baby Mario that said "Just get an essential job?"

ElKabong
07-15-2020, 05:34 PM

In the case of restaurants, the govt shut them down or caused bankruptcy. The govt isn't here to make things hard in order to make a living and that's what has happened. Market forces weren't in play

MargieRose
07-15-2020, 05:44 PM

Why hadn't the unemployed thought of this sooner? :eek:I don't know, do you? Enlighten me, please, if you can. Or, maybe your source (Yahoo :rolleyes:) for such startling information would know, if you can't.

So, "Who said..."? AOC?

thaskalos
07-15-2020, 05:57 PM
I don't know, do you? Enlighten me, please, if you can. Or, maybe your source (Yahoo :rolleyes:) for such startling information would know, if you can't.

So, "Who said..."? AOC?

When the GOVERNMENT shuts businesses down causing the current rampant unemployment...isn't it a little crass when government officials now cavalierly instruct the unemployed to "Find something else to do for a living"...as if it were somehow the unemployed's fault that they've been left without a job? Isn't putting out such a lame message at the present time akin to rubbing salt in someone's wounds? It seems that way to me...that's why I started the thread. Of course...you are welcomed to disagree. :ThmbUp:

Poindexter
07-15-2020, 06:23 PM
When the GOVERNMENT shuts businesses down causing the current rampant unemployment...isn't it a little crass when government officials now cavalierly instruct the unemployed to "Find something else to do for a living"...as if it were somehow the unemployed's fault that they've been left without a job? Isn't putting out such a lame message at the present time akin to rubbing salt in someone's wounds? It seems that way to me...that's why I started the thread. Of course...you are welcomed to disagree. :ThmbUp:

I don't really consider her a government official even if Daddy has given her some position(honestly don't know or care). Secondly these mandated shutdowns are state initiated by Governors. It would be more offensive if it came out of fascist Gavin Newsom's mouth than Ivanka Trump's. Moreover, I think it is an important message. A lot of folks are like dear in headlights waiting or the world to go back to normal and truth is for a lot of people their normal will not be available to them again. The consequences of shutting down economies (we have had this discussion before).

zico20
07-15-2020, 06:38 PM

The soon to be unemployed that Biden is preparing if he wins I am sure have already thought of it. After all, Biden said he was going to put tens of thousand if not more unemployed. What a great guy Joe is! :mad:

Redboard
07-15-2020, 06:39 PM
Makes sense to me. If I worked for a restaurant, Cruise line
or gym, maybe I'd want to consider Amazon, UPS or Government unemployment office, supermarket, etc.

MargieRose
07-15-2020, 07:24 PM
When the GOVERNMENT shuts businesses down causing the current rampant unemployment...isn't it a little crass when government officials now cavalierly instruct the unemployed to "Find something else to do for a living"...as if it were somehow the unemployed's fault that they've been left without a job? Isn't putting out such a lame message at the present time akin to rubbing salt in someone's wounds? It seems that way to me...that's why I started the thread. Of course...you are welcomed to disagree. :ThmbUp:I think Poindexter, Zico20 and Redboard came up with some pretty good retorts.

To reiterate part of Poindexter's point, it wasn't the federal government that shut businesses down. It was the state governments; more precisely, the Democratic state governments that shut businesses down. I have no doubt that Ivanka Trump's (federal government) intentions were to be helpful...nothing more. YOU are being way too cynical...just because.

As well, your ":ThmbUp:" sarcasm is getting old! :ThmbDown: :D

BTW, did you start an indignant thread, when Hillary sent out a downright "lame message" to the coal miners?

horses4courses
07-15-2020, 08:52 PM
I can see it all now.
Even without the flashlight. :rolleyes:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdAcPeZXsAECoAW?format=jpg&name=small

jay68802
07-15-2020, 08:59 PM
I can see it all now.

I have been in real estate, car sales, a factory worker, and
the food industry. You own this post. All it proves is that you are politically blind. Comment deleted.

JustRalph
07-15-2020, 09:41 PM
Makes sense to me. If I worked for a restaurant, Cruise line
or gym, maybe I'd want to consider Amazon, UPS or Government unemployment office, supermarket, etc.

Im too old to start again.....over 60.....nobody will hire me anyway

woodtoo
07-16-2020, 08:19 AM

I listened and now have a lucrative business in sales.
JUST DO IT!!

MONEY
07-16-2020, 08:54 AM

Why does a thought or idea have to be original to be good.
Joe Biden has used other peoples thoughts and ideas for a lifetime.
Doing so got him through law school, kept him employed for 50 years and just might make him President of The United States.

MargieRose
07-16-2020, 10:50 AM
I can see it all now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdAcPeZXsAECoAW?format=jpg&name=smallWhat a beautiful dress!

Redboard
07-16-2020, 10:53 AM
Im too old to start again.....over 60.....nobody will hire me anyway

The most popular supermarket in central Florida is Publix, and I see many oldsters working there.

hcap
07-16-2020, 11:36 AM
What a beautiful dress!She also sold beans wearing the same beautiful SILK dress. Ironically, to many who at times can not afford to prepare the rice served traditionally alongside it. Maybe if she follows her own advice, Marie Antoinette Trump, can try and rephrase it in a new way

"Let them eat cake"

In Spanish for all Latinos already loving Trump.

déjalos comer pastel
::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

https://ca-times.brightspotcdn.com/dims4/default/6808c22/2147483647/strip/true/crop/1887x3000+0+0/resize/840x1335!/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2F56%2Fbf%2F0363ee2ec1 7f4362d9dd614b8305%2Fb3c6339efc4b41c089898e595ad7f 041

GMB@BP
07-16-2020, 11:51 AM
Didnt Obama say essentially the same thing to people whos jobs were displaced by tech advances? I think he floated the idea of some kind of training to move to a different career. Maybe it was Pelosi or Biden but it was a while back.

tucker6
07-16-2020, 12:02 PM
Didnt Obama say essentially the same thing to people whos jobs were displaced by tech advances? I think he floated the idea of some kind of training to move to a different career. Maybe it was Pelosi or Biden but it was a while back.

If Trump were to back green energy, your next job will be shoveling coal.

Hard to believe the Dems hate a lifelong Dem so much.

Bennie
07-16-2020, 05:28 PM
Poor choice of which product to poise with. Maybe chic peas would have been better.

Tom
07-16-2020, 05:54 PM
So dems are now boycotting Mexican Food?

GMB@BP
07-16-2020, 06:35 PM
I can see it all now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdAcPeZXsAECoAW?format=jpg&name=small

who holds a book like that with their hand below it, what an idiot she is.

Tor Ekman
07-16-2020, 08:42 PM
December 2019, Biden's advice to coal miners being put out of work
The former vice president told an audience in Derry, New Hampshire, that coal miners could easily transition into programming jobs. "Anybody who can go down 300 to 3,000 feet in a mine, sure in hell can learn to program as well, but we don't think of it that way," he said.

MargieRose
07-16-2020, 09:11 PM
Poor choice of which product to poise with. Maybe chic peas would have been better.That's a sexist remark, Bennie.

MargieRose
07-16-2020, 11:03 PM
She also sold beans wearing the same beautiful SILK dress. Ironically, to many who at times can not afford to prepare the rice served traditionally alongside it. Maybe if she follows her own advice, Marie Antoinette Trump, can try and rephrase it in a new way

"Let them eat cake"

In Spanish for all Latinos already loving Trump.

déjalos comer pastel
::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My point was simply: the ONLY thing that caught (and was worthy of) my attention in H4C's lame meme was Ivanka's 'beautiful dress.' Ya know what I mean?

FYI, if one could afford the 'beans,' one certainly could afford the less costly 'rice' to go along with it...just sayin'.

davew
07-16-2020, 11:25 PM

actually that was part of 0bama/Biden campaign 8 years ago

Bennie
07-16-2020, 11:33 PM
Not meant to be sexist. Some call them garbonzo. My wife calls them chic peas so I follow her lead.

MargieRose
07-16-2020, 11:53 PM
Not meant to be sexist. Some call them garbonzo. My wife calls them chic peas so I follow her lead.I know, I call them Chic Peas, too. The can labels say Chick Peas and Garbonzo Beans, so the names are interchangeable.

Buuuuut, you ain't foolin' me...I know why you chose the label 'Chick' Peas, so don't go blaming your wife. :cool:

Bennie
07-17-2020, 12:00 AM
Don't know what is in that pipe your smoking but you know nothing about me. Ain't trying to fool no one. Won't waste my time, going to watch Colbert make fun of Trump.

MargieRose
07-17-2020, 12:15 AM
Don't know what is in that pipe your smoking but you know nothing about me. Ain't trying to fool no one. Won't waste my time, going to watch Colbert make fun of Trump.Okey dokey. :)

hcap
07-17-2020, 06:56 AM
My point was simply: the ONLY thing that caught (and was worthy of) my attention in H4C's lame meme was Ivanka's 'beautiful dress.' Ya know what I mean?

FYI, if one could afford the 'beans,' one certainly could afford the less costly 'rice' to go along with it...just sayin'.Many of us were in similar situations, however we are not White House officials.

She was using her government position to endorse a private business.
...just sayin'.

tucker6
07-17-2020, 08:38 AM
Many of us were in similar situations, however we are not White House officials.

...just sayin'.

So Obama endorsing Solyndra was okay? Presidents visiting any number of companies over their tenures isn't a tacit endorsement of those private businesses. Buy Boeing over Airbus isn't an endorsement? A president telling you which books they read isn't an endorsement of an individual writer? A president reading the NYT isn't an endorsement of that paper? I would hope all govt officials would endorse any and all American businesses large and small.

You think like a five year old. Stick to checkers. Chess isn't your game. Just sayin'.

Tor Ekman
07-17-2020, 09:56 AM
You think like a five year old. Stick to checkers. Chess isn't your game. Just sayin'.:lol: :ThmbUp: Spot on

hcap
07-17-2020, 11:01 AM
So Obama endorsing Sondra was okay? Presidents visiting any number of companies over their tenures isn't a tacit endorsement of those private businesses. Buy Boeing over Airbus isn't an endorsement? A president telling you which books they read isn't an endorsement of an individual writer? A president reading the NYT isn't an endorsement of that paper? I would hope all govt officials would endorse any and all American businesses large and small.

You think like a five year old. Stick to checkers. Chess isn't your game. Just sayin'.
Ya know, you clowns had your chance for eight years blaming Obama for every friggin thing wrong with your pathetic lives. Remember that was the "The Official Obama Collapsing Thread" and a hundred other bitching and moaning bullshit rants that went on here 4 years ago. It's the moron's turn now.That was then, this is now. The moron is the one currently unfortunately in charge.

Btw, Sondra was part of Obama's administration’s official approval of a $535 million loan guarantee. A legit policy. Turned out not so great due to ...The company was once touted for its unusual technology, plummeting silicon prices led to the company's being unable to compete with conventional solar panels made of crystalline silicon.[1] The company filed for bankruptcy on September 1, 2011 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solyndra)Those pushing for a boycott of Goya products cited a history of derogatory comments from Trump and harsh policies toward Hispanics, most notably, the administration’s policy of separating immigrant families at the U.S.-Mexico border never praised Obama in the rose garden or anywhere else as a election ploy.

Robert Unanue, a grandson and now Goya CEO, spoke at a Rose Garden event announcing a “Hispanic Prosperity Initiative”:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Those pushing for a boycott of Goya products cited a history of derogatory comments from Trump and harsh policies toward Hispanics, most notably, the administration’s policy of separating immigrant families at the U.S.-Mexico border.
Marie Antoinette Ivanka Trumop was just doing her fathers dirty business with a much prettier face.:lol:

Tom
07-17-2020, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Many of us were in similar situations, however we are not White House officials.

...just sayin'.

At least she didn't pout millions of dollars of TAXPAYER money into fraud companies like Solyndra. Was Obama crooked or stupid to do that.

Got to one or the other.

hcap
07-17-2020, 12:54 PM
At least she didn't pout millions of dollars of TAXPAYER money into fraud companies like Solyndra. Was Obama crooked or stupid to do that.

Got to one or the other. Solyndra was not a fraud, and the government funds all sorts of R&D companies since R&D was first invented

Ivanka is the fraud. Like father like daughter.

tucker6
07-17-2020, 01:33 PM
Solyndra was not a fraud, and the government funds all sorts of R&D companies since R&D was first invented

https://www.nationalreview.com/2011/09/solyndra-fraud-andrew-c-mccarthy/

https://bernardgoldberg.com/the-solyndra-fraud/

There are 119,000 similar articles about the Solyndra fraud when you google.

tucker6
07-17-2020, 01:34 PM

Got to one or the other.

It wasn't either/or. It was "and"

jay68802
07-17-2020, 01:46 PM

...just sayin'.

You are full of sh!t.

She was hired by a company to promote their product because of her celebrity status.

Hunter Biden was hired because of his fathers government position, to help a private company.

tucker6
07-17-2020, 02:02 PM
You are full of sh!t.

She was hired by a company to promote their product because of her celebrity status.

Hunter Biden was hired because of his fathers government position, to help a private company.

His answer will be, "but TRUMP!!!"

Everything in his mind, what little there is, boils down invariably to Trump.

hcap
07-17-2020, 03:25 PM
https://www.nationalreview.com/2011/09/solyndra-fraud-andrew-c-mccarthy/

https://bernardgoldberg.com/the-solyndra-fraud/

There are 119,000 similar articles about the Solyndra fraud when you google.So you want to talk company failures and corruption? Talk about our respected republican politicians including G.W. Bush and Dickhead Cheney. You fired up the way back machine, ok let's go way back a bit further. But remember the moron is the current occupant of the WH.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Enron
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enron#Enron's_influence_on_politics

George W. Bush, sitting U.S. president at the time of Enron's collapse, received $312,500 to his campaigns and $413,800 to his presidential war chest and inaugural fund.[82]+

Dick Cheney, sitting U.S. vice president at the time of Enron's collapse, met with Enron executives six times to develop a new energy policy. He refused to show minutes to Congress.[82]

John Ashcroft, attorney general at the time, recused himself from the DOJ's investigation into Enron due to receiving $57,499 when running for senate seat in 2000.

Lawrence Lindsay, White House Economic Advisor at the time, made $50,000 as a consultant with Enron before moving to the White House in 2000.[82]
Karl Rove, White House Senior Advisor at the time, waited five months before selling $100,000 of Enron stock.[82]

Marc F. Racicot, Republican National Committee Chairman Nominee at the time, was handpicked by George W. Bush to serve as a lawyer with Bracewell LLP, a firm that lobbied for Enron.[82][83]

Tom
07-17-2020, 05:19 PM
Solyndra was not a fraud, and the government funds all sorts of R&D companies since R&D was first invented

Ivanka is the fraud. Like father like daughter.

What were Solyndra's sales last year?
Have they made enough profit yet to repay the money?

How many new homes now support Solydra solar panels?

Asking for a friend who lives in the REAL world.

Tom
07-17-2020, 05:20 PM
You are full of sh!t.

And the nut has been exposed!
Nice, Jay - you held a mirror up to the vampire.

jay68802
07-17-2020, 05:21 PM
And the nut has been exposed!
Nice, Jay - you held a mirror up to the vampire.

Well, if I held it up to myself, it would break.

Tom
07-17-2020, 05:27 PM
Well, if I held it up to myself, it would break.

Break it over HIS head! Nothing ELSE has ever gotten through it.:headbanger:

horses4courses
07-17-2020, 07:45 PM
The trust fund baby telling the common masses what to do.
Priceless........

She and her dweeb of a hubby need a stark reality check.
They know nothing about the real world.

davew
07-17-2020, 07:47 PM
Priceless........

at least nothing about your real world

jay68802
07-17-2020, 08:05 PM
Priceless........

And Hunter is not a trust fund baby? Check yourself. You Know nothing about the real world.

horses4courses
07-17-2020, 08:10 PM
And Hunter is not a trust fund baby? Check yourself. You Know nothing about the real world.

Relevance?
Little to none.
Nothing new.

Tor Ekman
07-17-2020, 08:56 PM
You think like a five year old. Stick to checkers. Chess isn't your game. Just sayin'.I'm sorry for re-posting, but this was just too good. hcap = 5 year old :lol: . . . posting in his underroos . . . Batman, I'd wager
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1280/3255/products/9c230840dfa68c597ea56ef5d564bb9851bf68c1b4c6b6bc0f 524eb895058647_07cfd38a-288c-43b9-8616-66943ac3e2bf_1024x1024.jpg?v=1586143825

jay68802
07-17-2020, 09:14 PM
Relevance?
Little to none.
Nothing new.

Like you know reality.

Blinkers on, that's you.

GFY.

God forgive you.