PDA

View Full Version : True words

Actor
07-12-2020, 10:29 PM
“As democracy is perfected, the office of the president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron.” – H.L.Mencken, Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920.

woodtoo
07-12-2020, 10:37 PM
So true, you had 8 years of the fool on the hill. Actually two fools!!!

46zilzal
07-12-2020, 11:23 PM
quote:On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron.” – H.L.Mencken, Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920.

yes we had a fortune teller in out midst...quite accurate in the description too:
I want to nuke hurricanes
Finland is part of Russia is it not
Let' purchase Greenland why don't we?
I had the largest inaugural crowd in history
Our pandemic response deserves a "10."
Hand me that bleach if this 'Inner light" doesn't work.
If we stopped testing right now we would have fewer new cases.
I gave Mattis the nickname "Mad Dog."
I have "total authority" to reopen schools.
I've felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.
ANYBODY that wants a test, can get a test.
I was the person who saved pre-existing conditions in your health care.
Originally almost all the models predicted Dorian would hit Alabama.
California admitted there were a million illegal votes in the 2016 election.
There has never been, eve been, an administration so open and transparent
The Russia investigation was a coup.
The noise (from windmills) causes cancer.
Fred Trump was born in a wonderful place in Germany.
If you buy a box of cereal,if you do anything you have a voter ID.
People went out in their boats to watch hurricane Harvey.

Amazing isn't it?

ElKabong
07-12-2020, 11:51 PM
“As democracy is perfected, the office of the president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron.” – H.L.Mencken, Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920.

Fit Obama to a tee

Thanks for posting

Greyfox
07-13-2020, 12:06 AM

Narcissistic ? - Yes. The last four Presidents.

Morons ?- No. One of the last four and it's not Obama or Trump.

hcap
07-13-2020, 04:17 AM
Fit Obama to a tee

Thanks for postingThe moron's lies just in the first year.

https://cdn.statcdn.com/Infographic/images/normal/12338.jpeg

As of ....4/29/20

President Trump made 19,127 false or misleading claims in 1,226 days
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/06/01/president-trump-made-19127-false-or-misleading-claims-1226-days/

https://wapo.st/32d4ScS

clicknow
07-13-2020, 11:49 AM
Speaking of morons......Ever notice that practically every disaster movie and horror film starts at the opening scene with some politician ignoring a scientific expert: :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8r5BSzgd1w

Tom
07-13-2020, 11:56 AM
A Trump Lie - I am taking the drug, have been for a week now.

An Obama lie - If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, or, this deal will NOT give Iran a nuclear device.

Give it up hcap, you are nothing more than a a groupie.
You are better suited to rooting for the Monkeys.

hcap
07-13-2020, 12:08 PM
A Trump Lie - I am taking the drug, have been for a week now.

An Obama lie - If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, or, this deal will NOT give Iran a nuclear device.

Give it up hcap, you are nothing more than a a groupie.
You are better suited to rooting for the Monkeys.Speaking of monkeys, maybe come November, you will be de-hypnotized and snap out of it?:lol::lol:

tucker6
07-13-2020, 12:22 PM
Speaking of morons......Ever notice that practically every disaster movie and horror film starts at the opening scene with some politician ignoring a scientific expert: :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8r5BSzgd1w

You're using horror films now to judge real life? :lol:

So first you misrepresent and misquote an interview from a Danish minister, and now you are judging current events through the prism of horror movies. Did I misrepresent your posts at all?

hcap
07-13-2020, 12:25 PM
You're using horror films now to judge real life? :lol:I can think of a few zombie flicks as accurate representations of the White House and this administration.:lol::lol:

Tom
07-13-2020, 01:02 PM
Speaking of monkeys, maybe come November, you will be de-hypnotized and snap out of it?:lol::lol:

I've been enjoying the Trump accomplishments for three years now. Most Americans have.

clicknow
07-13-2020, 01:07 PM
I can think of a few zombie flicks as accurate representations of the White House and this administration.:lol::lol:

Clearly tucker6 doesn't have much of a sense of humor.....he is unable to parse humorous fictional analogies of ever-popular tropes from zombie movies and movies like Jaws, which are popular precisely for the reasons of being humorous, so the entire joke is lost on him.

I bet he was one of those people who thought Steven Colbert was an actual Republican back when he first came out.

Sometimes, subtlety and humor is lost on people who cannot make finer distinctions, and that person would think Colbert was a Republican (and there were many!) in the same way they would think I was comparing real life to Jaws.

I have no explanation or insight into that kind of black/white brain.

Tom
07-13-2020, 01:11 PM
I think most rational people understood Colbert is/was a complete idiot from the git go.

When did you catch on?

MargieRose
07-13-2020, 01:21 PM
I think most rational people understood Colbert is/was a complete idiot from the git go.

When did you catch on?http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/animated-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif