PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Spencer

Valuist
11-01-2004, 11:24 AM
How on earth does Aidan O'Brien keep using this idiot? We saw his clueless ride in the Million....continuing to whip right handed despite Powerscourt lugging in. That same right hand whip probably cost Antonius Pius a shot at a win in the Mile, as he also lugged in. In the Turf, Spencer decided to put Powerscourt in a hard drive before the 3/8 pole, as Powerscourt surged to a premature lead only to get run down. Spencer must have pictures on O'Brien to keep riding for him.

Dancer's Image
11-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Valuist,
Ralph Siraco and Lauren Stich, on the Raceday Las Vegas radio show, just expressed the same opinion on Spencer's ride on Antonius Pius in the Mile.

Observer
11-01-2004, 02:14 PM
According to Jeannine Edwards reporting, Antonius Pius is a very tricky, quirky horse to ride, and that was said pre-race as a warning.

Valuist
11-01-2004, 03:09 PM
I didn't need the warning. I had Singletary. And if the horse was a tricky horse to ride, O'Brien is to blame for putting that stiff up. And lets not forget that awful ride he gave Powerscourt. Jamie, the finish line is not at the quarter pole.

robert99
11-05-2004, 07:06 PM
Antonius Pius anticipates the whip and moves over left at the end of a race before the jockey becomes aware. He needs to be placed close to the rails and not wide near the finish to do this. I have heard that JS is a grandson of someone influential to the OB stable.
Powerscourt not only was asked to go on too soon he had been left 10 lengths at the start. The OB stable are generally pretty clueless as to race tactics and pace.

Robert

Pace Cap'n
11-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Let's say for a moment we give Jamie the benefit of the doubt.

Don't you think he is probably wondering what you have to do to win a race in the US?

Powerscourt touches no one in the Arlington Million and gets taken down.

All kinds of contact in the Classic and no change.

Valuist
11-16-2004, 03:06 PM
Guess who's name came up in the entries for tomorrow at Aqueduct? That's right, Mr. "I can't whip with the left hand" Spencer. And what's more shocking is who's giving him a mount: Todd Pletcher. Fallon made his trip to CD worthwhile last weekend but Spencer is nowhere near the rider Fallon is.

the little guy
11-16-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Valuist
Guess who's name came up in the entries for tomorrow at Aqueduct? That's right, Mr. "I can't whip with the left hand" Spencer. And what's more shocking is who's giving him a mount: Todd Pletcher. Fallon made his trip to CD worthwhile last weekend but Spencer is nowhere near the rider Fallon is. I don't think that's exactly what's going on. Apparantly he has been in NY being tutored by Angel Cordero for at least a few days now. Cordero, as you may know, works many top horses for Pletcher, because his rider, John Velasquez, is too lazy to come out most mornings, so Cordero works horses for him.

Anyhow, obviously the Coolmore connections realize Spencer needs a lot of help, so they sent him to Pletcher's barn to get it. And, since Tabor provides Todd with many high priced horses, I'm sure he was glad to help out in any way possible, even if that meant sacrificing the chances of some poor and innocent horsey.

Valuist
11-16-2004, 04:04 PM
You may be right but you'd think Coolmore would've been able to figure out he couldn't ride before putting him on horses in the Breeders Cup and Arlington Million.:confused:

gillenr
11-16-2004, 04:48 PM
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/search/searchdetail.asp?Section=&RecordNo=50479

the little guy
11-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Valuist
You may be right but you'd think Coolmore would've been able to figure out he couldn't ride before putting him on horses in the Breeders Cup and Arlington Million.:confused: One would think so.

For all I know he rides well in Europe...but he certainly sucks here. To say the least.