PDA

View Full Version : Question for Buddha

Zaf
10-31-2004, 04:50 PM
Jarrod,

1) It looks like the stock at MNR has improved recently. Is that true ? I see more 10K , 15K claimers lately.

2) I notice there are a lot of missing Beyers in the PP's.
Are these timer malfunctions ? I know we both use CJ's figs and those zero's are frustrating. Do they ever go back and try to hand time these races to try and get a fig. Maybe I'll buy you a stop watch ;)

ZAFONIC

Buddha
10-31-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by zafonic
Jarrod,

1) It looks like the stock at MNR has improved recently. Is that true ? I see more 10K , 15K claimers lately.

It does appear that they are running more higher priced claiming races, though I wouldn't fully say that the stock here has improved as much. There are still a lot of shiping for the higher priced claimers and the allowance races. It will be nice if more of those horses were stabled here.

2) I notice there are a lot of missing Beyers in the PP's.
Are these timer malfunctions ? I know we both use CJ's figs and those zero's are frustrating. Do they ever go back and try to hand time these races to try and get a fig. Maybe I'll buy you a stop watch ;)

I haven't noticed an overabundance of them, but enough that it shouldnt happen. As far as I know they don't hand time them, except for one day when the timing system was knocked out by a thunderstorm the night before. As far as I know, there are other tracks that hand time in addition to the teletimer just in case of the malfunctions. You would think that they would do something about that, but to my knowledge they dont.

BillW
10-31-2004, 05:13 PM
Hand timing is possibly an Equibase option as the time is important to them, the track just needs the picture :).

Bill

Zaf
10-31-2004, 06:22 PM
In tonights card I found about 4 instances. There are a couple in tomorrow nights card also.

1 POINTIN WEST E
Mnr 10/18/2004 8.3 < 0| < 0
Mnr 10/01/2004 8.5 61 71 61 71| 65
Mth 09/15/2004 6.0 75 80 56 62| 62
Mth 08/29/2004 6.0 62 69 48 60| 57
Mth 08/12/2004 6.0 76 75 51 48| 50

The DRF shows no Times, NO Beyer , and NO DRF SR.

I rarely ever see this for other tracks, but seems to be poping up a lot at the Mountain.

ZAFONIC

Buddha
10-31-2004, 11:43 PM
to my knowledge MNR doesnt have a hand timer in case of mechanical failure of teletimer. I think suff had said before that the NYRA circuit has at least one guy who handtimes every race just in case of failure. would make sense to have one at every track since like you mention, with no time, there is no way to know anything about the race time wise or speed wise.

maybe it is just hte tracks that truly care about horse racing, like NYRA tracks, that will do as much as possible. these racinos mainly care about getting people to the slot machines.

Zaf
11-01-2004, 12:29 AM
Yeah it seems like most tracks have a back up way to time the race. I don't ever remember seeing a missing Beyer for another racetrack. The Beyers are always there. I mention it because I have seen this multiple times at the Mountain over the last couple of months.

Why can't they hand time it off the video replay and try to make a fig. If they can make a fig for a 2 Mile & 1/16 race , why not in this case ?

ZAFONIC

BillW
11-01-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by zafonic
Yeah it seems like most tracks have a back up way to time the race. I don't ever remember seeing a missing Beyer for another racetrack. The Beyers are always there. I mention it because I have seen this multiple times at the Mountain over the last couple of months.

Why can't they hand time it off the video replay and try to make a fig. If they can make a fig for a 2 Mile & 1/16 race , why not in this case ?

ZAFONIC

Darrell,

I go through Simulcast weekly each week and find a few pretty much every week across different tracks.

Bill