PDA

View Full Version : Migliori Aqu

Hammerhead
10-31-2004, 01:54 PM
Anyone know the extent of Migs injurys on I believe Thursday. Happened in the gate and he was taken away?

Steve 'StatMan'
10-31-2004, 02:02 PM
Migliore rode one of the Breeders' Cup races, finishing 12th of 14 on Artie Schiller in the Mile (Race 4 on the LS card)

Steve 'StatMan'
10-31-2004, 02:08 PM
...But I see now that Migliore is off all 5 of his mounts at AQU today.

Artie Schiller ran out at 7/2 in the BC with Migliore up.

Suff
10-31-2004, 02:27 PM
Artical in yesterdays NY Post quoted him as saying he got beat up pretty bad at the gate. Took it in the face, shoulders and legs... He's probably sore and nothing else. Took a few days off I'd bet....with No racing Mon and Tuesday it works out to a nice rest.

Suff
10-31-2004, 02:33 PM
I found the story

http://www.NYPOST.com/seven/10302004/sports/31333.htm

Hammerhead
10-31-2004, 02:34 PM
OK thanks just curious after I seen him taken off on a streatcher and havn't noticed anything since

Steve 'StatMan'
10-31-2004, 10:17 PM
Thanks Suff!

the little guy
10-31-2004, 10:53 PM
He also finished fourth in the BC Sprint.

I spoke to him last night, he got pretty banged up Thursday, but he's as tough as nails and he'll be riding again very soon.

CryingForTheHorses
11-01-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by the little guy
He also finished fourth in the BC Sprint.

I spoke to him last night, he got pretty banged up Thursday, but he's as tough as nails and he'll be riding again very soon.

Hope your buddy gets well fast..The gate is no fun place with a unruly horse

Figman
11-02-2004, 08:10 PM
What did "The Little Guy" say????????

Migliore out four to six weeks

Jockey Richard Migliore will be out four to six weeks with a broken right wrist and a fractured rib, apparently suffered during a spill at Aqueduct on Thursday and exacerbated when he rode two mounts on Saturday's Breeders' Cup program at Lone Star Park.

Migliore did not ride Sunday and took off his three scheduled mounts on Tuesday as well. One of those mounts, Summer Raven, won the Grade 3, $104,600 Tempted Stakes.

Last Thursday, Migliore was aboard Pavlina, who flipped in the gate and unseated Migliore. Migliore was taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital, where X-rays were negative. Though he felt poorly, Migliore still felt well enough to ride on Saturday and guided Artie Schiller, the 7-2 favorite, to a 12th-place finish in the Mile, and Bwana Charlie, a 35-1 longshot, to a fourth-place finish in the Sprint.

"What are you going to do, not go to ride the Breeders' Cup because you don't feel good?' Migliore said. "Curt Schilling pitched with his ankle. I told my wife as soon as I rode I knew something was wrong."

Migliore said he didn't feel like his health compromised his performance in the Breeders' Cup.

"I know when I hit right-handed it hurt like hell, but I did it anyway," he said. "I don't feel like I compromised my horses' chances. My horses didn't have good trips. Artie Schiller wasn't handling the soft ground, and I don't think my physical well-being would have changed that in any way."

the little guy
11-03-2004, 01:22 AM
If you were Richie what would you have done differently?