PDA

View Full Version : What a Day!!

CryingForTheHorses
10-30-2004, 06:55 PM
What a great day of racing! Fletcher stealing the day with 2 wins,All races were nail biting, Glad to see some longshots win but also sad to see some great stars get beat.. I think the best race was the Juvenile sprint! Also glad to see Stronach win the big one, He does put up a lot of money in this game. Congrats to Lonestar Park for putting on a class act. I loved it!

Tom
10-30-2004, 09:20 PM
When I looked at the Juvenille, I thought it was a weak field, with most horses never going around two turns. I should have just played the outsiders and took the cash. Isn't it impotant to get the two turns under their belts before the big race?
I have always hated Belmont for those stupid one turn route races.

kenwoodallpromos
10-31-2004, 12:31 PM
Rail seemed a little slow, but not as much as I expected; favorites seemed to do well.
Track crew had the surface set up well- I think GZ set a track record.
I did well- 3 wins, 2 place, 2 show out of the 8 races.
Any day I can make a profit is a good day, especially since I do not do well on stakes races.

chickenhead
10-31-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
Track crew had the surface set up well- I think GZ set a track record.

I think everyone in that race broke the track record.

Speed Figure
10-31-2004, 05:30 PM
The track record was so slow because no top horses have ever been there. I gave GZ a 125 Speed Figure. He ran about 28 lengths faster than that weak track record.

Zaf
10-31-2004, 06:38 PM
How will that affect the DRF SR. Horses will be lucky to run a 75 against that mark.

ZAFONIC

Observer
10-31-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by McSchell_Racing
...Fletcher stealing the day with 2 wins...

You mean Pletcher?? Or did I miss something? And the term "stealing" is odd .. Pletcher's a very talented trainer .. it was only a matter of time before he broke through with the guts to "steal" some Breeders' Cup wins.