PDA

View Full Version : Are Bris Prime Power #s changed daily?

bettheoverlay
10-30-2004, 08:58 AM
I downloaded the PPs for the BC races Wednesday night. Today I printed out the Power Search reports and was surprised to find some significant differences in the Prime Power #s with a few of the horses.

For instance in the 4th the 3 top #s change considerably, even altering the order. Was 12/4/6 now 12/6/4.

Do they change their class and speed ratings and class ratings daily and thus alter the Prime Power #? I have never noticed this before.

DJofSD
10-30-2004, 09:49 AM
Your right. I too downloaded the BC PP's from BRIS earlier in the week. Comparing the Prime Power ratings between the two "versions" of the PP's, I find there are differences.

DJofSD

mhrussell
10-30-2004, 04:24 PM
Yes, my understanding is that the race and class ratings are updated daily, after recording the results of each days races. Their computer program then re-calculates everything. If the Prime Power number is a function of the class and/or race ratings (which makes sense that it is..) then it should not be surprising to see differences.

Screwing up on that 'scratched' horse in the first race really stinks. I hope they give some goodies to their BRISBET players to compensate...