PDA

View Full Version : So does 19% ROI measure up...

theoptimist
03-20-2002, 03:00 AM
over about 1500 tested races? I read somewhere in here that 1000 races was not a big enough sample. I am hoping 1500 races is a big enough sample as I am about to go live and risk some real money.

If success continues then that will be encouragement for all out there!! Return on investment of greater than 5-10% can be achieved over a sustained number of races.

Keep searching for that special formula and some of us may find it.

P.S a recent post on an Aussie forum suggested the author had made 50% to 70% return on investment over three years. I emailed him personally and believe he was telling the absolute truth. He no longer works a day job as you can appreciate.

Dick Schmidt
03-20-2002, 05:07 AM
Optimist,

1500 races is more than enough for proving any method. In fact it may be too many, as the data from the first races may be getting too old to be valid as tracks and racing changes. Dr. Bill Ziemba (Dr. Z) and Dick Mitchell once figured that 750 races represented 95% certainty while 900 was 98%. Remember, a statistician never reaches 100%, certainly not in horse racing.

Bottom line: time to lay the money down. I know a guy who put three kids through college with a 7% return. 19% is gravy.

Good luck.

Dick