PDA

View Full Version : Military for Bush

cj
10-29-2004, 06:11 PM
I would guess, and probably take a few side bets, that Bush will carry the military vote at least 2-1.

For all the bashing of Bush and this terrible war, how can this possibly be so? Please explain oh wise liberals of the board!

Tom
10-29-2004, 10:57 PM
psssst...CJ.....WRONG BOARD!
No wise libs here. You must have bookmarked the wrong place.
Hehehehehehehehehehehehe!!!!

Secretariat
10-29-2004, 11:45 PM
I think the military will vote for Bush. I understand that. THey are putting their lives on the line everyday for a cause that they have been told is why they are there. First it was WMD's, then Bin Laden-Al Queda-Hussein links to 911, and lastly democracy is going to bring peace to the region.

If they don't beleive in these ideas it makes it very hard to go to work everyday. The problem is it is appearing they have been deceived on at least two of those. And the last one is rocky...especially with the current Prime Minister Allawi blaming the coalition troops for the death of those Iraqi soldiers.

highnote
10-30-2004, 04:12 AM
Maybe it's "Military Intelligence"?

cj
10-30-2004, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Secretariat
I think the military will vote for Bush. I understand that. THey are putting their lives on the line everyday for a cause that they have been told is why they are there. First it was WMD's, then Bin Laden-Al Queda-Hussein links to 911, and lastly democracy is going to bring peace to the region.

If they don't beleive in these ideas it makes it very hard to go to work everyday. The problem is it is appearing they have been deceived on at least two of those. And the last one is rocky...especially with the current Prime Minister Allawi blaming the coalition troops for the death of those Iraqi soldiers.

I think you have no idea what you are talking about. People go to work every day not believing in what their company is doing, and yet they still go.

The difference is sec, most of us have been to the region, and we know how bad things were for the people there, WMDs or not.

There is absolutely zero propaganda going around the military to try to shed the war in a favorable light. Not one time have I ever been told a reason "why" we went to Iraq or Afghanistan. I get my information from the very same sources a civilian does.

swetyejohn,

As for the military intelligence comment, well, I'll leave it alone.

highnote
10-30-2004, 04:38 AM
OK