PDA

View Full Version : News from The Breeders Cup Home Front

IRISHLADSTABLE
10-29-2004, 12:25 PM
The Statement below is from someone I know from another
board who works at Lone Star
For anyone who's interested, on Saturday I will be at window #8449 on the Clubhouse turn. They forgot to put me on the schedule for Friday, so I will either be at #507 or 8449 or who-knows-where. On Saturday before/during racing I will not be allowed to venture to other places, I'm hoping after racing maybe I can?
They have the track split up into 3 sections Saturday: Clubhouse, Grandstand, and Backstretch. Whichever area you are in you are confined to. I was told this was partly due to Homeland Security concerns, not wanting people to be moving around everywhere. I was told Homeland Security officers, FBI etc would be patroling everywhere, some with search dogs. I have to admit, I was a little worried about terrorism since it's an international event and all, 51,000 people grouped around a 6 floor building...

I went early this morning to watch the horses exercise. (There was a fairly large number of people there too) I swear I heard one of every language spoken! Anyway, the other day I read on the DRF that one of the works reports said that Dynever looked (gimpy? I forget the word he used). The trainer responded that he "is always a little stiff when he first goes out". Well, I saw him jog by and he looked more than stiff to me, he looked off. Now that is just my opinion, and as Gary West says 'Don't let me talk you out of a winner' but to me he looked sore. The adreneline of racing might make it disappear from his mind, but who knows. The other horses I saw looked fine, Funny Cide (who schooled in the paddock and ponied around the track with Dallas Keen), Roses in May, Magistretti, too many others to name. The one I didn't get to see was Pleasantly Perfect. I then went back to the barn my friend Paddockgirl is in working for Mitchell the trainer of Kela and Star Over the Bay, both look in good health, the whole team seems in good spirits. Paddockgirl is supposed to be in the paddock with Star Over the Bay, on the TV look for the young girl with REALLY long hair, that's her.

When I walked across the back chute the surface was pretty moist still (a solid caking mud) but the main track appeared more dry from harrowing. It didn't rain much at all today, just slightly.

That's my report for now. Really busy weekend ahead! Good luck to you all.