PDA

View Full Version : So you wanna be a millionaire???

canuck
03-19-2002, 11:05 PM
No problemo--received my shiny 2002 catalog from RPM Information Systems (Dave Powers) a while back and if some of the claims from these geniuses are correct I will be farting in silk very soon

Page 19 touts Mr Powers own "THE RACETRACK MILLIONAIRE & SUPERCHALK"

For the very reasonable price of just $125--come on--its worth MILLIONS!!!!--he will let you in on two 1940 era methods that were given to him by some erstwhile acquaintance at the track with whom he had some unsavoury dealings with-

Of course Dave had his doubts--but cheked it out with his "system tester" who ran it through 14,567 races at 33 different tracks--AND THE RESULTS WERE AMAZING!!!!

He then rambled that the first seven he ever bet on this system won and spews out the Superchalk method hits 86% winners

Well--I guess you get the picture....one thing I know for sure that Mr. Powers is selling--and it usually is best spread on your lawn in the spring!!!

4thandlong
03-20-2002, 03:42 AM
Forget it! For $125 I want 94% winners. :rolleyes:

Actually, the system could be legit. I think it was Mark Cramer who pointed out that betting all horses at 1/5 or better (worse?) to win shows a small profit. Since you need about 83% to break even, 86% might do it. I wonder how many of the 14,567 races qualified under the system.

There, I just saved you $125. Good luck on your way to MILLIONS!!! Bet down those 4/1s to 1/5 and you can't lose!!

Dick Schmidt
03-20-2002, 05:00 AM
A friend just gave me a copy of Superchalk and it is indeed a wonderment. It does hit about 90% winners, but it does it by mostly betting horses at 3/5 and below to show, no handicapping at all. What is really fun is that it advocates 48 horse parlays! Actually his way of doing parlays is very interesting, but its not going to make you rich.

Dick

JimG
03-20-2002, 08:04 AM
About a year ago, Barry Meadow ran the Racetrack Millionaire through an independent test and as I recall it lost 5-8% on win bets. Meadow acknowledged it cut the track take in half, which while underperforming its claims, outperformed many other systems out there.

I no longer have the article so the numbers are not exact, but pretty darn close.

Jim

GR1@HTR
03-20-2002, 08:15 AM
Think Massa's April newsletter should have some statistical information about this and the 48 race place parlay thing...

canuck
03-20-2002, 03:49 PM
RPM 2002 catalog--page 9---

Walt Owens new best selling barn burner!!

MY $273,000 YEAR AT THE RACES!!

Think a million is too high?? This guys is touting 11 systems that will win a quarter of a mill for $60--"an absolute bargain considering these 11 systems sold separately would cost $445!

Well sign me up partner--right off the bat I have saved $385---plus that 250k is right around the corner--

Here are the names of the eleven systems-my comments In { }

The Money Trail---{look on the floor for them loooosing tickets}
The 4x4 System---{built Ford tough}
The Chalk Line--"phenomen}al win rate"
The Odds Have It---{in their tests +81% roi
The B-L Tracker system--{add a T and you have a ham sandwich}
The LWC Method--lowest weight carried--
The Measure of Quality-{sounds like a Shakespeare soliloquoy}
The Balance of Power--{see above}
Pacemaker II--{you will need one }
Run For Your Money--{PARKING CARS AS A VALET FLUNKEY AFTER YOUR LIFE SAVINGS ARE GONE}
Two For the Money-{see above}

Topcat
03-20-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by canuck
RPM 2002 catalog--page 9---

Walt Owens new best selling barn burner!!

MY $273,000 YEAR AT THE RACES!!

Think a million is too high?? This guys is touting 11 systems that will win a quarter of a mill for $60--"an absolute bargain considering these 11 systems sold separately would cost $445!

Well sign me up partner--right off the bat I have saved $385---plus that 250k is right around the corner--

Here are the names of the eleven systems-my comments In { }

The Money Trail---{look on the floor for them loooosing tickets}
The 4x4 System---{built Ford tough}
The Chalk Line--"phenomen}al win rate"
The Odds Have It---{in their tests +81% roi
The B-L Tracker system--{add a T and you have a ham sandwich}
The LWC Method--lowest weight carried--
The Measure of Quality-{sounds like a Shakespeare soliloquoy}
The Balance of Power--{see above}
Pacemaker II--{you will need one }
Run For Your Money--{PARKING CARS AS A VALET FLUNKEY AFTER YOUR LIFE SAVINGS ARE GONE}
Two For the Money-{see above}

LOL-I like it must be that Canadian sense of humor

Derek2U
03-20-2002, 06:04 PM
Real Funny ... where can i get them 11 systems

canuck
03-21-2002, 04:37 AM
Back page of the 2002 RPM catalog-

THE WIN $100+ per DAY at the RACETRACK SYSTEM

Well....now this is more like it--a down to earth little method that is a little more realistic and priced to move at a mere $42

Author Stanley Vitzoski even includes his personal phone number in case you have any questions

The ad progresses with this little gem-"It turns out the author is an accountant (from Arthur Andersen?") involving the use of a due column and a mild form of progressing wagering"

RED FLAG--anything that uses the words due and progressing in the same sentence gives me the willies--the phrase deep pockets comes to mind

Also included with every purchase The Seven Easy Steps Method--I wonder if one of them is denial...

canuck
04-13-2002, 10:28 AM
Page 16 RPM 2002 Catalog

SnapCapper Pro

For the modest price of $249 you can be well on your way to Easy Street

However--the road is not an easy one---as the copy warns-"Now I'm not promising you a quick road to riches-rob a bank if thats what you're looking for"

Mr Consoles new quick and easy profit machine--larceny at the tellers windows--turn that Uzi in the basement into a fantastic ROI tool--some users report $10,000 and more profit in one coup

Stay tuned for the upgrades--ver 2.0 includes lawyers phone numbers and detailed floor plans to banks in your area!

Schlagman
04-13-2002, 12:44 PM
Anyone ever try carrying a paper bag and wearing a ski mask up to the cashiers window? Works great in banks too - don't gotta stand in line or nothin'...

LoganDimes
04-14-2002, 11:51 PM
Alright, I'm going to beat all those offers.

Folks, I'll be willing to sell you a system that doesn't work just as well as these other systems don't work, but for more than half the price of "those other guys"! For just $39.99 you can lose as much money as you want after I get paid. I guarantee that you'll have as many winners as I need to get you to buy the next installment of the system which will be better than the first in ways that I've already determined but won't include in this version otherwise I'd make less money. I accept PayPal and Neteller. In fact, I'm offering a 50% discount to anyone who just wants to send money without getting a functional system in return. Plus you'll receive my free newsletter at the end of the year detailing my $100,000 year sitting at home cashing checks instead of going to the races. Act now!