PDA

View Full Version : BC Betting Strategy

kingfin66
10-29-2004, 02:20 AM
I'm curious to know what betting strategy people plan to use for the BC. One thing I agreed with regarding the DRF BC chats - I think it was Crist - was that the races lend themselves to serial bets. I plan to play the P3, although I will have to go fairly deep to have a chance. Does anybody think that they can structure good trifecta or superfecta tickets? It looks tough to me.

The P4 payouts could be huge. Here is a question: Would you prefer to go deep in trying to hit rolling P3's, or just try to hit the P4? Sorry if the writing is a little choppy, but rum, the late hour, and handicapping have diminished my synapses. I would appreciate hearing what people have to say on this subject.

shanta
10-29-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by kingfin66
I'm curious to know what betting strategy people plan to use for the BC. One thing I agreed with regarding the DRF BC chats - I think it was Crist - was that the races lend themselves to serial bets. I plan to play the P3, although I will have to go fairly deep to have a chance. Does anybody think that they can structure good trifecta or superfecta tickets? It looks tough to me.

The P4 payouts could be huge. Here is a question: Would you prefer to go deep in trying to hit rolling P3's, or just try to hit the P4? Sorry if the writing is a little choppy, but rum, the late hour, and handicapping have diminished my synapses. I would appreciate hearing what people have to say on this subject.

Hi King,

In a word VALUE. That is all I am looking for in the races. Good luck. I hope you catch a few!:)

Richie

Blackgold
10-29-2004, 07:57 AM
King, I'm targeting races where I've identified a longshot or two that I believe have a legit chance.

Those races are LS3, LS5 and LS9.

I will bet the P3 on LS3, 4, 5- going deep in four, where I have no clue.

Since the tris, supers and even the exactas are often huge, I'll will be keying 1 and 2 runners with many in the races where I think I have an edge.

As for the other races, that's when I eat my BBQ.

Don't overlook Chukies In Love in the last race of the day at Lone Star.

Good luck all!

IRISHLADSTABLE
10-29-2004, 09:08 AM
Refer to your top 3 contenders as A B C

Pick 3 's

LEG 1 LEG 2 LEG 3

A ABC ABC

ABC A ABC

ABC ABC A

BC BC BC

Ex P/w

A Over B,C & B-C Ex Box

Good Luck All

Jimmy

Valuist
10-29-2004, 09:55 AM
Nobody loves Pic 3 or Pic 4s more than me but after 20 years of betting Breeders Cups, I know what works best. My best BC scores have come on trifectas, exactas and win bets. My worst Breeders Cup days have come when I concentrated almost exclusively on Pic 3s and Pic 4s. There's just so many usable horses, you really have to spread out big to hit the multi-race exotics.

kingfin66
10-29-2004, 10:50 AM
I usually employ a P3 strategy like you wrote (The Key Wheel as I call it). The problem with Saturday is that I have to get deep in 2 or 2 of the legs. I might key Ashado in R2 to some others on a secondary ticket, but for the main ticket I will likely just go deep then eliminate a few combos that don't offer a combo of price and value.

RXB
10-29-2004, 12:51 PM
I will be employing the same strategy that I have used for the previous six BC's. It's called "No Bets, No Harm."