PDA

View Full Version : (DOM)

BIG RED
05-29-2020, 02:37 PM
There was a horse who ran at Tampa today, LEARN STORY (DOM)

I can't for the life of me remember what it means (DOM), or what it stands for.

I went to Equibase pedigree, and found out the horse is out of LEARN, an Irish horse, says nothing else about foreign blood. So why not LEARN STORY (IRE) ? I know it is where they are foaled, correct? Dominican of ...................nope, that's not working for me.

So I googled it! Still can't find an answer. I know it will be simple, always is :)

So what better place to ask than here, heck with google!

After the horses name (DOM) =

jay68802
05-29-2020, 02:47 PM

I went to Equibase pedigree, and found out the horse is out of LEARN, an Irish horse, says nothing else about foreign blood. So why not LEARN STORY (IRE) ? I know it is where they are foaled, correct? Dominican of ...................nope, that's not working for me.

So I googled it! Still can't find an answer. I know it will be simple, always is :)

Dominican Republic.?

castaway01
05-29-2020, 02:57 PM

(DOM) means Dominican bred, that I'm pretty certain of.

The reason Learn Story is DOM instead of IRE while having an Irish-bred sire could be because the sire, Learn, was foaled in Ireland, but Learn Story was foaled in the Dominican Republic. That seems like the logical answer.

CheckMark
05-29-2020, 03:00 PM
(DOM)but Learn Story was foaled in the Dominican Republic. That seems like the logical answer.

Yep there is the answer right here. That would make sense for every horse :D

BIG RED
05-30-2020, 08:51 PM
Alright, I'm good with that, thanks...
just was new to me....DOM

Big Poppy runn'n horses? :)

v j stauffer
05-30-2020, 09:01 PM
Alright, I'm good with that, thanks...
just was new to me....DOM

Big Poppy runn'n horses? :)

There was an announcer on the Fairs that pronounced the IRE for Ireland just like it was part of the name. Horse is flying through the lane and he's calling here comes Red Legacy Eyyyer!

Same guy also when doing the breed line in the winners circle when it read Ch. G. 4 by Tapit out of Azeri by Northern Dancer.

When he got to the Ch. G. part he would say charcoal gelding.

jay68802
05-30-2020, 10:40 PM
There was an announcer on the Fairs that pronounced the IRE for Ireland just like it was part of the name. Horse is flying through the lane and he's calling here comes Red Legacy Eyyyer!

Same guy also when doing the breed line in the winners circle when it read Ch. G. 4 by Tapit out of Azeri by Northern Dancer.

When he got to the Ch. G. part he would say charcoal gelding.

I think this is something that almost everyone does. A while back I was at Fonner Park one night. A race finished at EVD and the horse that won was trained by Karl Broberg. After the race, they had a ceremonie because Karl had won his 3000th race. They presented the award to a gentleman. That person was of South American heritage. He was about 5' 4" tall, large in diameter, and had a large mustache. I watch this and the thought that went through my mind was , Karl, with a K Broberger is a short, large, Mexican.?????? I believed this for a week or so.

I could not get this out of my head. I finally googled Broberg, and saw his picture. The gentleman that accepted the award was not him. It was one of his assistants.

A lot of time we confuse what we read for some reason.