PDA

View Full Version : ASD jackpot, a new low

SG4
05-27-2020, 04:51 PM
So I guess this is their 2nd year in having a jackpot 5 wager, I didn't come across it until now, but apparently Assiniboia Downs' jackpot pick 5 is a 20 cent denomination, with 25% standard takeout, and then another 50% of the pool is carried over if no single ticket. They have managed to have the worst of everything into one wager, amazing.

Conversely it appears their pick 4 is a $2 denomination, 15% takeout & a guaranteed pool every night.

Baffling to me that a track can offer up such garbage on the pick 5 side, but then a clever pick 4 offering, almost like they're running an experiment in real time to learn how dimwitted gamblers can be. Hopefully the pick 4 continues with some good support & the outrageous setup on the pick 5 is not a model for any track to ever try again.

Boomer
05-27-2020, 06:22 PM
If people bet it, it is not dimwitted but ingenious on the tracks part.

jay68802
05-27-2020, 06:37 PM
Last nights Pick 5:

Race #2: $8.50

Race #3: $31.20

Race #4: $37.00

Race #5: $4.50

Race #6: $19.10

At $.20, and short fields, it will keep carrying over. The two big prices were the longest shot on the board and second longest.

metro
05-27-2020, 10:23 PM
They have to do something to help pay for that crackerjack gate crew they have. Takes em 10 minutes to load 8 horses.

SG4
05-27-2020, 11:42 PM
If people bet it, it is not dimwitted but ingenious on the tracks part.

I just don't get how any bettor would think of even breaking out $1 on this wager on a non-force out day, yet handle on it so far has not been bad at all considering usual pool size for a low level track. Bettors clearly understand takeout & react to it, look at the insane amount wagered at Fonner tonight on their mandatory pick 5. So if people are wagering with such sensitivity to expected return, why would a pick 5 with essentially 63% takeout handle twice as much as Lone Star with a 12% takeout? The tracks will continue to treat the public like suckers if this persists.