PDA

View Full Version : BC day/other tracks

John
10-28-2004, 10:39 AM
Does anyone know if there will any other tracks that will be simulcast in between the BC races. 40 minutes between races is so dreadful.

BillW
10-28-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by John
Does anyone know if there will any other tracks that will be simulcast in between the BC races. 40 minutes between races is so dreadful.

Here's the whole calendar, John ...

http://calendar.ntraracing.com/

Bill

John
10-28-2004, 11:13 AM
thanks Bill,

Calder and Hawthorn are running afternoon cards.

Valuist
10-28-2004, 11:38 AM
Another question is the TV coverage. I can just see TVG and HRTV doing live remotes from Lone Star and both channels completely neglecting all the other tracks. TVG will find a way to leave Hawthorne out. But then again, we can get more insightful commentary like being told for the millionth time that "Storm Cat offspring act up at the starting gate." If I hear that one more time, I think I'll smash my TV.

LOU M.
10-28-2004, 10:02 PM
With the exception of a track or two, tracks run their card prior to or after the B C races. Does anyone else feel the way I do , that there is great opportunity for major scores to be had at the other tracks prior to the B C races. Payoffs are inflated do to all the neophytes at Otbs waiting for the B C races, betting with both hands. I think great opportunities exist.

Valuist
10-29-2004, 09:36 AM
I think you're right but I think the opportunities aren't as good as on Derby day or Belmont day. On BC day, the squares and newbies have 8 different Breeders Cup races to bet on. For many, this is enough. Yeah, there will be extra money in pools at tracks like Hawthorne and Calder, which will run races between the BC races. But on Derby day, I think many are there and figure, "I'm already here, I might as well bet more than 1 race." I'm not crazy about East Coast tracks running before the BC. What is post time, 10 am eastern? That's too early, IMO. Too many races to still handicap.