PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard from Robert Fischer?

the little guy
05-22-2020, 12:26 PM
All around good guy who loves to talk racing, but hasn’t been around in about three weeks, which seems unusual, and ( especially now ) concerning. Not sure if anyone here communicates with him off the board but let us know if you’ve heard from him. Can’t believe he wouldn’t have ( at least ) started a thread about the Matt Winn.

Don’t want to be an alarmist but hope he’s OK.

PaceAdvantage
05-22-2020, 01:15 PM
I have an email out to him, but it could be his email address has changed since he first registered years ago, and he probably never updated it here.

If I hear back, I will definitely let everyone know.

Dave Schwartz
05-22-2020, 02:21 PM
All around good guy who loves to talk racing, but hasn’t been around in about three weeks, which seems unusual, and ( especially now ) concerning. Not sure if anyone here communicates with him off the board but let us know if you’ve heard from him. Can’t believe he wouldn’t have ( at least ) started a thread about the Matt Winn.

I wrote to him on Facebook but have no indication that it was delivered or opened.

mikesal57
05-23-2020, 11:09 AM

His last post was on May 2...he did post on a daily basis....

Hope he OK too....

judd
05-24-2020, 07:15 AM
we all need a break from time to time

therussmeister
06-05-2020, 08:53 AM
His last post was on May 2...he did post on a daily basis....

Hope he OK too....

Robert Fischer has reappeared in the off-topic section with a new name Kassa's Korner. Apparently both his computers died. I guess it will still be a while before he can post regularly.

CheckMark
06-05-2020, 11:20 AM
Sorry that this does not have to do anything with Robert but does anyone know where paddy79 is?

I've been trying to message with him for the past 3 days and no reply?

Please let me know if anyone has a update on him as we have been having good conversations and would not like to give him up

the little guy
06-05-2020, 11:22 AM
So this is now, apparently, the Lost and Found thread?

jay68802
06-05-2020, 11:29 AM
Relationships (especially marriages,) are a tough racket. :cool:
Loyalty, trust, faithfulness are precious gems.
Congrats to those of you who managed to do so with both parties.:ThmbUp:

[//This is Robert Fischer / Jason Kassa
My laptop and PC both decided to divorce me in the same week! Working voice to text on a small cell phone with only partial access oh, so I had to create it a completely new account. Have been able to enjoy some of the threads. Will participate a bit when I can upgrade, and get back in the game.]

found, if you did not already know.

Dave Schwartz
06-05-2020, 11:40 AM

Respectfully, Little Guy, it is the "Concerned Long-Time Friends Who Are Thrilled He Has Been Found" thread.

:)

You and I should hope to have such a concerned audience, right?

Well, you probably wouldn't need to. LOL

My peeps would be saying like, "That guy owes me a lobster dinner. Has anybody seen him?"

castaway01
06-05-2020, 12:01 PM
Respectfully, Little Guy, it is the "Concerned Long-Time Friends Who Are Thrilled He Has Been Found" thread.

My peeps would be saying like, "That guy owes me a lobster dinner. Has anybody seen him?"

TLG was referring to the fact that there was another post looking for a different person later in the thread, not that you guys were worried about Robert (glad he's okay).

Dave Schwartz
06-05-2020, 12:17 PM
TLG was referring to the fact that there was another post looking for a different person later in the thread, not that you guys were worried about Robert (glad he's okay).

Oh.
LOL

Did not mean to make it sound like I was beating up on TLG.
Sorry if it came across like that.

My point was that over the years we've lost some real long-time friends. Some were REALLY lost - like Goren (Perry Tunks) - but others just disappeared.

Of those that disappeared, a few resurfaced months or years later and it was a somewhat joyous reunion.

Suff is another recent example who comes to mind.

(SUFF: I do admit having resisted the urge to gush at your return. Just kind of not YOUR style. LOL)

CheckMark
06-05-2020, 12:45 PM

That’s why I literally said “sorry that this does NOT refer to Robert” and thought it would be around the same thing for asking where another poster is on here. Sorry sometimes people need to read lol.

devilsbag
06-05-2020, 04:16 PM
All the years that I have seen the cruel and vicious attacks on TLG, and now I have add myself to the list.

How could you not title this post "Searching for Bobby Fischer?"

CheckMark
06-05-2020, 05:05 PM
All the years that I have seen the cruel and vicious attacks on TLG, and now I have add myself to the list.

Not sure if my smart ass comment to him was a vicious attack but sorry about posting in here.

Guess I should have made a new post and titled it “Searching for Lost Posters”

cj
06-05-2020, 05:14 PM
Not sure if my smart ass comment to him was a vicious attack but sorry about posting in here.

Guess I should have made a new post and titled it “Searching for Lost Posters”

He wasn't talking about you, quit with the drama queening LOL.

Kassa's Korner
06-05-2020, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the concern.
Russ meister's post was accurate.

I don't mind at all if this thread becomes a lost and found thread, - especially during these uncertain times.:ThmbUp:

\\ and when I read TLG's remark on "Lost and Found", - I took it as much as a suggestion, as anything else.
( tone / intent is tough to read).
Dave - thanks, can't access Facebook Messenger yet.

mikesal57
06-05-2020, 05:17 PM
He wasn't talking about you, quit with the drama queening LOL.

HEY,,,,DONT pick on my friend

or you will get the wrath of ..Mikesal57 on you....

proximity
06-05-2020, 05:25 PM
i heard paddy79 got plus 305 on mackenzie dern and retired to a tropical island? ;)

CheckMark
06-05-2020, 05:56 PM
HEY,,,,DONT pick on my friend

or you will get the wrath of ..Mikesal57 on you....

:headbanger:
mike thanks man
https://youtu.be/GC5E8ie2pdM

And yes sorry cj was technically believing that I was at fault but guess not :confused:

Suff
06-05-2020, 05:56 PM
Oh.

Of those that disappeared, a few resurfaced months or years later and it was a somewhat joyous reunion.

Suff is another recent example who comes to mind.

(SUFF: I do admit having resisted the urge to gush at your return. Just kind of not YOUR style. LOL)

PA pleaded w/me to come back.:D

What happen to Jocko from Wyoming?

I'm actually low-key online except here on PA. Thank you for having me. I make an attempt towards contributing a little enthusiasm for horse racing & life in general.

I wonder about Larry Hamilton occasionally. Larry was old-school PA. Good guy.

CheckMark
06-05-2020, 06:01 PM
i heard paddy79 got plus 305 on mackenzie dern and retired to a tropical island? ;)

yea that's the last activity I see on sports and I had around the same odds :lol:

PaceAdvantage
06-05-2020, 06:11 PM
PA pleaded w/me to come back.:D

What happen to Jocko from Wyoming?

I'm actually low-key online except here on PA. Thank you for having me. I make an attempt towards contributing a little enthusiasm for horse racing & life in general.

I wonder about Larry Hamilton occasionally. Larry was old-school PA. Good guy.Jocko is around...just not around here...apparently

westny
06-05-2020, 06:51 PM
[QUOTE=Dave Schwartz;2613698]Respectfully, Little Guy, it is the "Concerned Long-Time Friends Who Are Thrilled He Has Been Found" thread.

][/QUOTE

Famous:jump::or infamous...as per a few denizens on his nyra twitter ID:lol:

the little guy
06-05-2020, 08:26 PM

That’s funny.

Have you ever read the book? It’s truly great. I actually went to a Knick game with a friend and Josh a long time ago. He was really nice.

cj
06-05-2020, 09:44 PM
That’s funny.

Have you ever read the book? It’s truly great. I actually went to a Knick game with a friend and Josh a long time ago. He was really nice.

Somehow never knew there was a book, only saw the movie. Adding it to my list.

thaskalos
06-05-2020, 10:02 PM
Somehow never knew there was a book, only saw the movie. Adding it to my list.

The book Searching for Bobby Fischer was written by Josh's dad...but Josh has written his own book, which is also excellent.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QCQ970/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i0

cj
06-05-2020, 10:08 PM
The book Searching for Bobby Fischer was written by Josh's dad...but Josh has written his own book, which is also excellent.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QCQ970/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i0

Thanks, I can never run out of books to read and appreciate the suggestion. Ordering both now.

classhandicapper
06-05-2020, 10:27 PM
Thanks, I can never run out of books to read and appreciate the suggestion. Ordering both now.

This is the other kid from the movie. Very interesting guy, but it sounds like he didn’t have the best life early on.

“ When Sarwer was 8, he was believed by many to be one of the strongest prodigies in the history of the game. Allen Kaufman, head of the American Chess Foundation, said, "Jeff at 9 is stronger than Bobby was at 11." Bruce Pandolfini said, "Of the several thousand kids I've taught, Jeff is certainly the most amazing young player I've ever seen."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Sarwer

Kassa's Korner
06-07-2020, 05:02 PM
I wrote to him on Facebook but have no indication that it was delivered or opened.

Hi Dave. Thanks again.
I miss your Facebook page and some of the discussions/friends/products that are often on your page.:ThmbUp:

New device $$

Locked out of FB and my 3k+ Horse Racing Industry/Fans Network.
Awaiting photo upload review, which may not happen, due to Covid-19.
Can decide to download FB info (whatever that entails) and Create a new FB (lol I have no photos!).

We're all facing uncertain and/or tough times right now, so I won't be going into personal health/finance issues, but it will be some time before I'm back in the game.

PA/ and the game will hopefully entertain and distract while I get on my feet. I love to watch and talk racing, and have some money that's been sitting in an ADW.

Good racing action this weekend!
Made a couple Bets!
Hit at Belmont Park
down $0.50 after I took a shot against the impressive Honor A.P. yesterday, in the Santa Anita Derby.

PaceAdvantage
06-07-2020, 05:38 PM
You can have your old name back if you like...just PM me your new email address..and you can reset your password if you forgot it...

Kassa's Korner
06-07-2020, 06:17 PM
Thanks, Sent.

Robert Fischer
06-07-2020, 07:56 PM
Thanks PA,

Back to 'RF' username.

After only nine posts, 'Kassa's Korner' username retired to stud. :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
06-07-2020, 08:39 PM
Thanks PA,

Back to 'RF' username.

Par for the course nowadays..........

Tom
06-08-2020, 10:46 AM
You should breed it to Dahoss.

Calculating wagering ability bolstered by reckless aggression! :eek:

A Triple Crown Winner for sure!

Dave Schwartz
06-08-2020, 11:57 AM
Thanks PA,

Back to 'RF' username.

And THEY say you can't go home again.

What do THEY know, anyway?

mountainman
06-08-2020, 12:52 PM
glad you're ok, rbt….and on a side-note (since the topic of identity has come up)….does anybody else picture board members as their avatars??? I can't help it....part of me truly believes, for instance, that eward g robinson posts here...

castaway01
06-08-2020, 01:18 PM
You should breed it to Dahoss.

Calculating wagering ability bolstered by reckless aggression! :eek:

A Triple Crown Winner for sure!

That was the second-greatest comeback since Lazarus.