PDA

View Full Version : Congrats To the Red Sox !

JustRalph
10-27-2004, 11:40 PM
Nice Job........You peaked at the right time! With your backs against the wall........absolutely fantastic post season for all Baseball fans. Thanks for the memories..............

All you Sox Fans............the wait is over!

Good for you! Red Sox Nation! The Curse is over!

http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/PHOTOFILE/AABT006.jpg

Buddha
10-27-2004, 11:42 PM
Very impressive the last bit. Amazing how you can be down 0-3 and win 7 in a row to take the series.

Zaf
10-27-2004, 11:42 PM
Congrats Red Sox !!!!

Congrats to SUFF & JOHN !!!!!!!!!

ZAFONIC

IRISHLADSTABLE
10-27-2004, 11:47 PM
Suff & John,
Im happy for both of you. The wait is over
The only thing that would have made it better
was if it was done at Fenway Park.

Jimmy

sq764
10-27-2004, 11:48 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

One for the idiots!!!!!

BetHorses!
10-27-2004, 11:49 PM
From a Mets fan who was rooting for the Yanks

Congrats Red Sox and the city of Boston

Well deserved....they never trailed once during the World Series

sq764
10-27-2004, 11:52 PM
Well damn, what am I going to do for the next 5 months?

BetHorses!
10-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by sq764

Pick Winners

PaceAdvantage
10-28-2004, 12:27 AM
Wow....did this team ever gel at the right time....

11 and 3 in the postseason, the only losses coming to the Yankees. I guess I can take pride in the fact that we took the Sox to a seventh game....LOL

This Yankee fan takes some solace in the fact that we were beaten by the eventual World Champions....

Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox. Whatever Gary Sheffield may or may not have said about you guys, and I agreed with....we were both obviously dead wrong....

What a year....

kingfin66
10-28-2004, 01:21 AM

Isn't your wife having a baby? You may spend some time changing diapers and feeding your child. Spring will be here before you know it!

John
10-28-2004, 08:19 AM
Me and SUFF thank you for the Congratulations .

SUFF, said, the bottom line.

" Yanks got...... A ROD

Sox got...... A RING "

OTM Al
10-28-2004, 08:21 AM
It gives Cubs fans hope.....

I find the back page of the New York's Daily News kinda humorous this morning though...the headline is "See You in 2090"

sq764
10-28-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by kingfin66
Isn't your wife having a baby? You may spend some time changing diapers and feeding your child. Spring will be here before you know it!
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the whole baby deal..

sq764
10-28-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Wow....did this team ever gel at the right time....

11 and 3 in the postseason, the only losses coming to the Yankees. I guess I can take pride in the fact that we took the Sox to a seventh game....LOL

This Yankee fan takes some solace in the fact that we were beaten by the eventual World Champions....

Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox. Whatever Gary Sheffield may or may not have said about you guys, and I agreed with....we were both obviously dead wrong....

What a year....

PA, you know the beauty of it all? Guess who will be in town next year for the opening series at Fenway when the Sox unveil the World Series banner :-)

John
10-28-2004, 09:49 AM
sq 764

WHO ?

sq764
10-28-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by John
sq 764

WHO ?
If I heard correctly, they open the 2005 home season against the Yankees :-)

BIG RED
10-28-2004, 10:09 AM
To all of those of Red Sox Nation, you did beleive, and so did your team. Incredible, 8 in a row, against the two best teams in the league(total wins) I thank the fans from all over for hanging in there, even when they weren't playing well. That's one thing I always like. We would be having a so-so year and yet I would go to a game, stands would still be packed. Sox fans never give up on their team.

Now, as a Bostonian lifelong Sox fan, I'm speechless.

( I have this feeling I'm going to wake up tommorrow and it's going to be July, and we are 5 games behind the Yanks)

FANtastic

Congratulation Boston Red Sox! :)

PaceAdvantage
10-29-2004, 12:30 AM
PA, you know the beauty of it all? Guess who will be in town next year for the opening series at Fenway when the Sox unveil the World Series banner :-)

Aww, are you starting already? From a totally objective viewpoint (yeah right), this season has proved one thing:

If the Yankees get an ace or two in the off season, they will completely dominate in a way never before seen.

The Yankees are the first team ever to win over 100 games and NOT have a pitcher on the roster with at least 15 wins.

We were the only team to beat the Red Sox in the post season.

Yes, you guys finally won the World Series, and yes, you all can have your fun chanting "2000" next year when the Yankees come to town, although that would be pretty silly when you think about it.

You know I'm right.

sq764
10-29-2004, 12:37 AM
Aww, are you starting already? From a totally objective viewpoint (yeah right), this season has proved one thing:

If the Yankees get an ace or two in the off season, they will completely dominate in a way never before seen.

The Yankees are the first team ever to win over 100 games and NOT have a pitcher on the roster with at least 15 wins.

We were the only team to beat the Red Sox in the post season.

Yes, you guys finally won the World Series, and yes, you all can have your fun chanting "2000" next year when the Yankees come to town, although that would be pretty silly when you think about it.

You know I'm right.

Sorry PA, I hear this every year from you.. Believe it when I see it.

When the Yanks get a team chemistry back, they'll be world series quality (like the 1997-2001 run).. Until then, let's get ready to go into the 5th year of disappointment :-)

PaceAdvantage
10-29-2004, 01:14 AM
Every year? Doubtful.

101 victories was an illusion? Beating the Red Sox to the brink of extinction, and making them look like a bunch of kids in the process before the miracle comeback (more like a miracle meltdown) was an illusion?

The problem I have most with you is you give the Yankees absolutely no credit, and haven't all season long. At least when the Red Sox actually did something, I gave them credit.

We had first place virtually the whole season, and went 10.5 games up on the Red Sox at one point, and you still gave the Yankees no credit at the time.

That's my problem with you. You are the sports-poster equivalent of LJB.

Secretariat
10-29-2004, 01:20 AM
I give the Yankees credit. They're good. I'm an Orioles fan...Wince CJ....

Anyway, the name of the game is and has always been pitching, and Boston got it from it's pitchers when it counted.

I think NY and Boston will be hurting next year in that regard.

Mussina is coming off one of his worst years, and the Yanks are not that deep beyond that. If Mariano Rivera continues like this forever, they'll be in the hunt, but I think the Yanks Starters are approaching that of the Orioles which is very bad news.

As to the Sox, the question is will Maritinez stay, and how will Schilling recover from his surgery? Also Lowe pitched way over his head compared to the his regular season. If Martinez and Schilling aren't there, not sure how strong they'll be.

Not sure of the free agent pitchers coming up, but there is going to be a spending spree for them. I think Pedro's up, and Clement from Chicago.

JustRalph
10-29-2004, 02:03 AM
Now that was a true dagger.............play good guys..........

sq764
10-29-2004, 09:25 AM
Every year? Doubtful.

101 victories was an illusion? Beating the Red Sox to the brink of extinction, and making them look like a bunch of kids in the process before the miracle comeback (more like a miracle meltdown) was an illusion?

The problem I have most with you is you give the Yankees absolutely no credit, and haven't all season long. At least when the Red Sox actually did something, I gave them credit.

We had first place virtually the whole season, and went 10.5 games up on the Red Sox at one point, and you still gave the Yankees no credit at the time.

Why should I give the Yankees credit for being up 10.5 games during the year? What does that mean??

When you bet a horse and he's 5 lengths up at the half and he loses the race, are you happy with him? Congratulatory?

For once admit that the Yankees were beat, fair and square, there was no brink of elimination, the team who got to 4 wins first won it..

Last year the Sox had the Yanks beat, but the Yanks perservered and we didn't hear the end of it from you.. Now eat your crow and move on..

Maybe this will help you:

PaceAdvantage
10-29-2004, 02:41 PM
When you bet a horse and he's 5 lengths up at the half and he loses the race, are you happy with him? Congratulatory?

Who won the AL east? We won that race, and came within a couple of outs of putting you guys to sleep in quite an embarrassing manner (4-0)

I congratulated the Red Sox for gutting out the Yankees, and for dominating the rest of the playoffs and winning the whole thing....more than once.

John
10-29-2004, 05:09 PM
PA,congratulated the Red Sox for gutting out the Yankees, and for dominating the rest of the playoffs and winning the whole thing.

THANK YOU PA.

Sq764 and I are just having fun with you. For God's sake. it is only a game and if what I hear is correct. Stienbrenner[ I think that is how he spells his name .] is not going to take this lightly.
He is going to buy the whole Red Sox team as soon as they are free agents.

Now PA who do you like in the BC.

Maxspa
10-30-2004, 12:12 AM
John and Suff,
Very impressive World Series Sweep! Enjoy the victory and (Suff)er no more!
The biggest improvement in this Red Sox team was the pitching! Starters and relief hurlers were solid! Of course having exceptional hitter's from top to bottom in the order helps as well.
Great post season play! ENJOY being the best!
Maxspa

JustRalph
10-30-2004, 01:44 AM
The more I look back at the Red Sox Season.........they ought to be putting a statue up outside Fenway of Curt Schilling..........

John
10-30-2004, 10:12 AM
Thanks MAX,

Big parade today, it is raining a little. Hope it stops for the people that go out to see it.

John

Suff
10-31-2004, 12:08 PM
Yesterdays Parade.... 3.2 million.

2001 Patriots Superbowl Parade. 1 Million People.

2003 Patriots Superbowl Parade 1.5 Million People

The Pope's Outdoor Mass on the esplanade. 2 Million People.

Three point two Million people showed up downtown yesterday for the Sox Parade.

AND IT WAS RAINING!

PaceAdvantage
11-01-2004, 12:40 AM
Well Suff, I hope you enjoyed yourself. You deserve it! Despite all the bad things you said about myself and NY fans in general in a recent post.....LOL

JustRalph
11-20-2004, 10:19 AM
You guys thought you waited a long time for a Sox Win? This poor bastard has waited since the last one...........it must have been the greatest thing in the world and a great end to a long life..........

World's oldest man dies in N.Y. at 113

Fred Hale Sr. was 12 days shy of his 114th birthdayThe Associated Press
Updated: 12:37 a.m. ET Nov. 20, 2004DEWITT, N.Y. - Fred Hale Sr., documented as the world’s oldest man, died Friday. He was 113 years old.

Hale died in his sleep Friday at The Nottingham in suburban Syracuse, while trying to recover from a bout of pneumonia, said his grandson, Fred Hale III. He was 12 days shy of his 114th birthday.

Born Dec. 1, 1890, Hale last month watched his lifelong favorite baseball team, the Boston Red Sox, win the World Series again after 86 years.

Hale retired 50 years ago as a railroad postal worker and beekeeper, his grandson said. He enjoyed gardening, canning fruits and vegetables and making homemade applesauce.

“He had a routine and he rarely broke it because anyone else was around,” Hale III told The Post-Standard of Syracuse. “He didn’t need a lot to be happy.”

At age 95, Hale flew to Japan to visit a grandson who was in the Navy. While en route back to the United States, he stopped in Hawaii and even gave boogie-boarding a try.

At 103, Hale was still living on his own and shoveling the snow off his rooftop.

He was born in New Sharon, Maine, when there were only 43 stars on the American flag. He married Flora Mooers in 1910.

Hale lived in his native Maine until he was 109, when he moved to the Syracuse area to be near his son, Fred Jr., now 82.

On March 5, 2004, the Guinness World Records acknowledged him as the oldest living man when Joan Riudavets Moll, of Spain, passed away at age 114.

Hale also was a Guinness record-holder for the oldest driver. At age 108, he still found slow drivers annoying, Fred Hale III said.

Hale outlived his wife, who died in 1979, and three of his five children. He had nine grandchildren, nine great-grandchildren and 11 great-great-grandchildren.

The world’s oldest living man is now Hermann Dornemann, of Germany, age 111. There are 26 living woman older than him, according to Gerontology Research Group.

BIG RED
11-20-2004, 11:29 AM
Hey Ralph, is Hermann a RED SOX fan? :D