PDA

View Full Version : NFL week 8

Valuist
10-27-2004, 01:29 PM
With Breeders Cup week here, its time to get these finished early:
Like a lot this Sunday:

Washington +2---I'm not buying into the Packers supposed improved defense. They just beat up on 2 teams who cannot run (Det, Dall) but now face a legit RB in Portis. Wash has played excellent defense so far.

Baltimore +7.5---I'll take the defensive minded dog over the unbeaten Eagles, who looked very mortal last week. Westbrook is out so look for the Ravens to go after McNabb.

Det/Dall OVER 41---Neither team can run but both have had some success throwing the ball. That should mean a long game.

Jvill/Hou OVER 42.5---two QBs here who are definitely on the rise in Carr and Leftwich. Jax's supposedly tough D hasn't impressed and Houston still struggles on that side

Sea/Caro UNDER 39---Hasselbeck has been out of synch all season and Carolina has no weapons on offense

Pitt +3---Maybe its a sucker bet; I don't think so. This isn't an easy spot for NE, coming off home games against a (thought to be at the time) tough Seattle team and an unbeaten Jets team

San Diego -6---Chargers have looked decent and are in good form. The Raiders are just awful. They can't run, stop the run or the pass. Collins has been getting picked left and right.

Skanoochies
10-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Valuist, looks to me like you are going to have a good week. I`m going with Wash. and S.D. and one more, poss. Tenn as I think Cinn. may have given their all on Mon. night, it being the first game on Mon. in Cincy in 15 years. I usually play about 3 a week, and o/u are definitely not my bag.

Good luck to you.:)

Valuist
10-27-2004, 04:56 PM
Skan-

Tenn is one team I can't figure out. If you are going to bet them, get your money down soon. They are at -3 w/a -120 moneyline now; some places will keep raising the ml to stay on 3; others will go to 3.5. In either case, if you like the Titans I would say bet early before it could hit 3.5.

SAL
10-28-2004, 12:01 PM
SF +1.5 vs Chicago-Wrong team favored here. Quinn has been just horrible at QB for the Bears, and they didn't fare any better when they put Krenzel in. The Niners were unlucky to lose to the Jets 2 weeks ago and are 4-2 ATS this season. There's no way the Bears should be favored against any team this season, even against the hurting 49ers.

Kansas City +1.5 vs Indy-Wrong team favored here too. The Chiefs looked like the Chiefs of last year vs Atlanta last week. The offense looked very much in synch, and the defense played well to contain Vick. The Colts had problems stopping Leftwich last week, and I can't see them doing any better against the KC offense at Arrowhead. The Colts will have to win another shootout similar to the Green Bay game. The over looks enticing here also.

Buffalo -3.5 vs Arizona-The Cardinals own the NFL's longest current losing streak on the road (16) and they are going to extend it here. The Cards are travelling across the country to a cold weather city to play. The Bills offense is still struggling, but I can't see Arizona putting up too many points against their still stingy defense. I'll lay the small number here.

betchatoo
10-28-2004, 12:44 PM
This weeks selections

Buffalo -3 over Arizona. S
Arizona is 1-8 vs. AFC and 5-14 as an away dog. Buffalo got its butt kicked last week and will be ready for this game

Also under 34.5 this game

Dallas -3.5 over Detroit
Detroit is the worst winning team in football (have yet to out stat a single opponent). Parcels needs this one

Denver -6.5 over Atlanta
Second trip in a row out west for the Falcons. Mile High is never a friendly place to play and especially with the Broncos coming off an embarrasing loss on national tv.

Monday: Jets-Miami under 35.5
Miami will fight like hell to stay close in what I suspect will be a losing effort. Their one real strength is their defense and it should be ready to hold Jets down this game

Valuist
11-01-2004, 11:10 AM
4-3 on the week and the Seattle game went over by 1 pt w/less than 2 minutes to play.

Adding Miami +7---I like going against teams who've been at least 5-0 or better to start the season then suffer one loss. Often a hangover the next week. The Jets have finally played a quality opponent and the D came to play but the O didn't. With Santana Moss hobbled, they cant stretch the defense. Of the offensive and defensive units for both teams, the single best unit is Miami's defense.

freeneasy
11-01-2004, 05:27 PM
to beat sf 22-15 with the over at 35 1/2, squeak, to the jets -7 beating miami 26-12 to the over at 35

betchatoo
11-02-2004, 05:13 AM
Went 2-1 on my sides, unfortunately lost both totals and fell back to .500 for the year