PDA

View Full Version : Sis City

cj
10-27-2004, 09:57 AM
Not exactly a ringing endorsement...

Sis City 'probably' coming, Dutrow says

It won't be official until she arrives, but all indications are that Sis City will run in the Juvenile Fillies.

"It looks like we're probably going to go, because these guys are excited about it and I can't take it away from them," trainer Richard Dutrow Jr. said. "I think she's in over her head and we're running her back too quickly. If she had the right kind of timing and was the favorite for the race, I'd already have been there."

Dutrow said John Velazquez would ride Sis City, whom Dutrow claimed for $50,000 for an ownership group that includes New York Yankees manager Joe Torre.

Valuist
10-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Not sure why Dutrow isn't more positive on this one. The pace she set in her race was definitely faster than the pace in the Champagne.

cj
10-27-2004, 10:15 AM
I think it has a lot to do with the way she staggered down the lane in her last. She looked like a punch drunk fighter. Reminded me of Medallist a few times earlier this year.

You often hear trainers talking up horses we as handicappers know have little to no chance. But when one I think does have a chance is doubted by the trainer, I at least give a listen.

Now, if she's 30-1 on BC Day, I'll probably ignore Dutrow! :D

the little guy
10-27-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Valuist
Not sure why Dutrow isn't more positive on this one. The pace she set in her race was definitely faster than the pace in the Champagne. I think it has a lot to do with the increased security at the barns for the BC. All horses are totally monitored before their respective races. I also believe this is the reason St. Liam took a pass.

Zaf
10-27-2004, 10:57 AM
What do you mean Little Guy :confused: ? Are you saying that Dutrow is a cheater ?

ZAFONIC

cj
10-27-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by the little guy
I think it has a lot to do with the increased security at the barns for the BC. All horses are totally monitored before their respective races. I also believe this is the reason St. Liam took a pass.

I didn't want to go there, but I was thinking the same thing. I'll be wathcing the Frankel horses closely before the Classic as well. Damn, I wish Sightseek was running!

Valuist
10-27-2004, 12:09 PM
Very good point about St. Liam. There was a post on the Thorograph board about watching Frankel's first couple runners. If they don't run well, it doesn't bode well for the Zapper. Is it a coincidence that Sightseek retired BEFORE the Breeders Cup?