PDA

View Full Version : Betting at the track?

Muddy
05-05-2020, 02:30 PM
Do the tracks all have a window open in the paddock for trainers to bet their horse or do they have to use a ADW. Does anybody know?

rastajenk
05-06-2020, 10:28 AM
Since no one else is stepping up, I'll take a shot:

The answer is Neither. I've never seen a betting window in an outdoor paddock just for trainers and other licensees. Trainers can use the same windows as the general public. Or they can use an ADW if they want to, but they don't have to.

The two ship-in only harness tracks that I'm familiar with have a self-touch machine in a paddock lounge adjacent to the stalls area; that's about as close to a Yes answer to the first part of the question that I can come up with. I think a trainers-only window in a thoroughbred paddock would be an example of Bad Optics.

Muddy
05-06-2020, 01:56 PM
Since no one else is stepping up, I'll take a shot:

The answer is Neither. I've never seen a betting window in an outdoor paddock just for trainers and other licensees. Trainers can use the same windows as the general public. Or they can use an ADW if they want to, but they don't have to.

The two ship-in only harness tracks that I'm familiar with have a self-touch machine in a paddock lounge adjacent to the stalls area; that's about as close to a Yes answer to the first part of the question that I can come up with. I think a trainers-only window in a thoroughbred paddock would be an example of Bad Optics.Sorry I was talking about now with all the precautions going on at the tracks.

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2020, 02:18 PM
Since there are no fans at the tracks that are currently running...why would they need a special window?

Just use an automated betting machine...or put a teller or two somewhere at a regular window for the few people who are there and want to bet.

But in ordinary times, I'm sure there are, at the very least, automated betting machines in places inaccessible to the general public....when press boxes were all the rage, they were in there...lol

CheckMark
05-06-2020, 02:20 PM
Since there are no fans at the tracks that are currently running...why would they need a special window?

Just use an automated betting machine...or put a teller or two somewhere at a regular window for the few people who are there and want to bet.

:ThmbUp: