https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYrIUhvpTa0&feature=youtu.be

fmazur
05-03-2020, 07:08 PM
Did not do too bad. The five horses selected ran 1st/1st/3rd/4th/5th

mikesal57
05-03-2020, 07:43 PM
Did not do too bad. The five horses selected ran 1st/1st/3rd/4th/5th

Yeah but a negative roi for those races

Partsnut is a big BetMix guy and can probably give us more info..

It would have been nice if they supplied CSV files to use in a database...

at $500 a year is a lot cheaper than the big boys charging close to $1500 for the year and you basically doing the same thing ...analyzing winners factors

panda1
05-18-2020, 01:45 PM
Hey All

Just found the Betmix site and decided to give it a whirl !!! There is allot of info there and kinda overwhelming .......Was wondering if any of the users of this software would mind giving me a few pointers on the best way to use it ??? Thanks in advance

mikesal57
05-18-2020, 01:48 PM
Hey All

Just found the Betmix site and decided to give it a whirl !!! There is allot of info there and kinda overwhelming .......Was wondering if any of the users of this software would mind giving me a few pointers on the best way to use it ??? Thanks in advance

They have a YouTube Channel with tons of videos....

Go there before my answer gets deleted....:lol::lol::lol:

PaceAdvantage
05-18-2020, 02:52 PM
They have a YouTube Channel with tons of videos....

Go there before my answer gets deleted....:lol::lol::lol:You were banned once, and will be again if you don't STFU with your stupidity.

Betmix, unlike most of the other horseshit you post about, is an actual authorized EQUIBASE data provider.

Imagine that.

fmazur
05-18-2020, 03:11 PM
That is the thing with Betmix, it is extremely overwhelming. I have been using Betmix(off and on)
since 2014. Obviously, I like it. I can tell you mixes do not work, except sometimes in the short run.
Their Handicapping Journal is where you can get quick information on the day's races. It is the 1st
place I go. The very best place for horses to play is in the Angler widget. I use this almost exclusively
now. Once you set up a few angles, it can be very good. For today(May 18th) I found three plays. All I
do is click Run Angles,

WRD Race 2 #1 Tickle Bunny

Fon Race 2 #2 Zibby too
Fon Race 5 #7 Panic Button

CheckMark
05-18-2020, 04:40 PM
That is the thing with Betmix, it is extremely overwhelming. I have been using Betmix(off and on)
since 2014. Obviously, I like it. I can tell you mixes do not work, except sometimes in the short run.
Their Handicapping Journal is where you can get quick information on the day's races. It is the 1st
place I go. The very best place for horses to play is in the Angler widget. I use this almost exclusively
now. Once you set up a few angles, it can be very good. For today(May 18th) I found three plays. All I
do is click Run Angles,

WRD Race 2 #1 Tickle Bunny

Fon Race 2 #2 Zibby too

Well hey you had a winner so far with that $3.60 winner with the :1:

CheckMark
05-18-2020, 06:25 PM
Fon Race 2 #2 Zibby too

4th with the :2: in the 2nd

Waiting on :7: in the 5th Good luck!

CheckMark
05-18-2020, 08:19 PM
4th with the :2: in the 2nd

Waiting on :7: in the 5th Good luck!

:7: was 2nd

1 winner and 2 places

100%ITM

Nice job man!

Partsnut
05-18-2020, 09:24 PM
Hey All

As mikesal57 stated, There are many videos on the YouTube.
That's the best way to start.
I find BetMix to be a very intuitive and diverse application. There are many ways to use it, You have to get used to it and get a feel for what works for you and how to use it.

I personally have a number of ways that I use it. There are modules like Angler which FMazur showed an example of and BirdDog within the main framework of the application which I find very effective. I am also applying and testing a Value Odds line, using an old and obsolete odds calculator that I came up with. Not withstanding the excellent data supplied by Equibase
and the superior programming using this data produces BetMix which in my opinion is the best value in horse racing.
There newest addition to BetMix is ToteBoarder which is tied into 1st/Bet (formally Xpressbet).
BetMix and 1st/Bet are part of the Stronach group and under one roof.

Today I came up with a few nice winners.
See attached files.

mikesal57
05-18-2020, 09:34 PM
Nice going Bill...

Does it feel good to settle down with one go to program after all these years ?

:jump:

Partsnut
05-18-2020, 09:38 PM
Nice going Bill...

Does it feel good to settle down with one go to program after all these years ?

:jump:

Mike,

I did very well with PaceAppraiser but BetMix works best for me.

chrisl
05-19-2020, 12:40 AM
I wish Joe Zambuto still had his software going. Best software I have ever used. It is long gone. RIP.

panda1
05-19-2020, 07:27 AM
Thanks all for the tips !!1 .....i will go to Youtube and look for videos of how to use the angler and other features

fmazur
05-19-2020, 10:54 AM
I am too lazy with my betting. All three bets went off too low in odds. I should be more like PARTSNUT and wait for the right price. I have a conditional wager option on one of my betting accounts. Maybe I will start using it.

mikesal57
05-19-2020, 01:26 PM
:ThmbUp:

Sometimes that makes it....

I am too lazy with my betting. All three bets went off too low in odds. I should be more like PARTSNUT and wait for the right price. I have a conditional wager option on one of my betting accounts. Maybe I will start using it.

Partsnut
05-19-2020, 03:09 PM
This is an example of how Angler works,
Here's one of my angles that won yesterday and came up again today.
Let's see how it does.

jay68802
05-19-2020, 03:13 PM
Let's see how it does.

On board with you on this one. Do not know your angle, for me it is the pace and speed figures.

GL.

Partsnut
05-19-2020, 03:45 PM
On board with you on this one. Do not know your angle, for me it is the pace and speed figures.

GL.

When you formulate Angles in "Angler" you are looking at which of the 52 factors had performed well and in accordance with the specifications you have prescribed over a two year period. You have to be creative and test how your angle will do. it's a lot of trial and error. This can be done with angler. It is time consuming but well worth the effort.
In todays world, and being in lock down, this may be a way to keep your your mind active and a way to entertain yourself.

fmazur
05-19-2020, 03:48 PM
Let's see how it does.

Here are my angle plays.

jay68802
05-19-2020, 03:59 PM
When you formulate Angles in "Angler" you are looking at which of the 52 factors had performed well and in accordance with the specifications you have prescribed over a two year period. You have to be creative and test how your angle will do. it's a lot of trial and error. This can be done with angler. It is time consuming but well worth the effort.
In todays world, and being in lock down, this may be a way to keep your your mind active and a way to entertain yourself.

Do you mean counting spiderwebs in my basement ceiling is not keeping my mind active?

One of the three spreadsheets I am working on deals with angles. What I found funny is that I can see the angle, but getting the spreadsheet to understand me is a different ballgame. Also started trying to learn Python. Who knows where that will lead.

mikesal57
05-19-2020, 05:34 PM
Do you mean counting spiderwebs in my basement ceiling is not keeping my mind active?

One of the three spreadsheets I am working on deals with angles. What I found funny is that I can see the angle, but getting the spreadsheet to understand me is a different ballgame. Also started trying to learn Python. Who knows where that will lead.

Jay...
try MrExcel.com Forum

I have never got a "Cant Do That" from them....

Explain what you need to do and somehow they find a way :)

bobbyb
05-19-2020, 06:41 PM
Jay...
try MrExcel.com Forum

I have never got a "Cant Do That" from them....

Explain what you need to do and somehow they find a way :)

So right Mike.

I've asked for help on several occasions and the forum was most obliging.

mikesal57
05-19-2020, 06:44 PM
So right Mike.

I've asked for help on several occasions and the forum was most obliging.

AGREE BOB!!!

Speed Figure
05-19-2020, 07:12 PM
I wish Joe Zambuto still had his software going. Best software I have ever used. It is long gone. RIP.
I had a custom program done my Joe Z back in 2010. It was pretty simple, but not to bad. It was very slow going between races, but it did hit good prices.

NorCalGreg
05-19-2020, 08:02 PM
I bought his program 5 or 6 years ago--had the exact same issues others (Lefty, for one) had--He gave you a pin number that didn't work! Got another and that one didn't work. I ended up just tossing the damn thing.

Anyhoo...while this was going on--I asked for a quote to code an easy spot play.

His reply: $480 and HE owned the code. That was so ridiculous I never answered him, and just deleted his email address.

bobbyb
05-20-2020, 10:35 AM
I bought his program 5 or 6 years ago--had the exact same issues others (Lefty, for one) had--He gave you a pin number that didn't work! Got another and that one didn't work. I ended up just tossing the damn thing.

Anyhoo...while this was going on--I asked for a quote to code an easy spot play.

His reply: $480 and HE owned the code. That was so ridiculous I never answered him, and just deleted his email address.

$480..........unreal. I remember some of his program was decent but his customer service left lot's of people pissed.
Hey Greg, next time I'm in Oak I'll have a beer with you. I lived on Lee Ave (Oak) way back when...........:pound: then Mill Valley.