They make masks for horses? :confused:

mountainman
05-01-2020, 01:21 AM
They make masks for horses? :confused:

I think they are called blinkers.

Cuffdaddy
05-01-2020, 01:32 AM
I think they are called blinkers.

Guess we will never see the "attempted to savage foe" pp line ever again.

mountainman
05-01-2020, 03:22 AM
Guess we will never see the "attempted to savage foe" pp line ever again.

And I guess Batman's mask actually covers his mouth.

Boomer
05-01-2020, 10:34 AM
Great News....But please do not take entrants from Fonner.

cj
05-01-2020, 11:37 AM
Haven't seen anything official, but you can book it. :)

theiman
05-01-2020, 03:57 PM
Will Mark and Nancy be doing the Simo feed?

mountainman
05-01-2020, 10:05 PM
No way Nancy and I continue intact. One host at most in studio, social distancing mandates that. But I'm guessing , since the studio gets production-staff traffic, that the tv show will simply be discontinued as a dispensable casualty of covid.

And to be honest, tv analysis is the last thought on my mind these days. When Mnr reopens, and for the foreseeable future, my day job must be first priority. The challenges that covid presents to our crew of officials are daunting.

I'm sure Nancy will be available to do a one-host program, but the likelier scenario might be no show at all.

Let me add that I'm not averse to doing more tv. I loved it, the rewards were awesome, and I will serve Mnr as management sees fit. But the pandemic has wreaked literal hell on both of my positions, rendering my day duties extremely difficult, and leaving my night job in tatters.

Whatever the case, those horsemen and jocks less than enamored of my candid, take-no-prisoners approach will be rejoicing. lol....

Please keep in mind that I do not speak for Mnr's owners or management.
I am merely an employee, fully at their service.

And compared to others whose work-lives have been set asunder by the virus, I've got it easy.

Jeff P
05-01-2020, 10:44 PM
Mark,

Imo, if the TV show is a casualty from all of this --

So be it.

But I for one will feel a sense of loss. As will horseplayers everywhere.

-jp

jay68802
05-01-2020, 10:45 PM
:ThmbUp:Mark,

So be it.

But I for one will feel a sense of loss. Imo, as will horseplayers everywhere.

-jp

mountainman
05-01-2020, 11:01 PM
Mark,

So be it.

But I for one will feel a sense of loss. As will horseplayers everywhere.

-jp

Many tx, Jeff.

mountainman
05-01-2020, 11:02 PM
:ThmbUp:

My tx, sir.

lamboguy
05-01-2020, 11:58 PM
that show has been a part of the Mountain for a long time and it has been a big plus.

i am sure that the management would have no problem with a show that takes place remotely for the time being like the other tracks will do. i am sure this will be great to showcase their product.

mountainman
05-02-2020, 12:59 AM
that show has been a part of the Mountain for a long time and it has been a big plus.

Tx, Phil. Much gratitude.

v j stauffer
05-02-2020, 03:22 AM
It won't be racing from the Mountain without you and Nancy. Nancy Holthus and I make it work. Hopefully you and Nancy will too. Wouldn't be even a little bit interested in betting without hearing what the two of you have to say. Must see TV to get me.

Boomer
05-02-2020, 10:03 AM
Sat it ain't so Mark!

There are three things that make Mountaineer. Mark, Nancy and Peter.

You and Nancy are the only analysts at and track I listen to regularly. And it is because of your honesty and integrity and the chemistry. Mountaineer is and has been very lucky they have not lost Peter to a major league track.

You guys are Mountaineer. It certainly is not the horses.

mountainman
05-03-2020, 01:58 PM
It won't be racing from the Mountain without you and Nancy. Nancy Holthus and I make it work. Hopefully you and Nancy will too. Wouldn't be even a little bit interested in betting without hearing what the two of you have to say. Must see TV to get me.

Tx, and much respect. There has always been a very vocal faction at mnr that pushes relentlessly for a fluff show that praises every horse and human in sight, Vic.

For a show not hosted by an edgy, unpredictable, stone cold expert who pitches to serious handicappers.

And that relentless faction wants a more likeable host possessing no more knowledge than they do. A host who assuages their egos by falling a bit short of genuine expertise.

Peter Berry
05-03-2020, 02:01 PM
Sat it ain't so Mark!

You and Nancy are the only analysts at and track I listen to regularly. And it is because of your honesty and integrity and the chemistry. Mountaineer is and has been very lucky they have not lost Peter to a major league track.

Thanks for the kind words, Boomer. Mark is a brilliant TV analyst and always shoots from the hip, while Nancy is the perfect sounding board and brings peace, tranquility and a trainer's perspective to the broadcast. Their task is more difficult than mine - I just spit out words and hope they make sense.

mountainman
05-03-2020, 02:07 PM
Sat it ain't so Mark!

Tx, sir. I think you will see an improved product from new ownership. They seem committed.

v j stauffer
05-03-2020, 02:09 PM
Tx, and much respect. There has always been a very vocal faction at mnr that pushes relentlessly for a fluff show that praises every horse and human in sight, Vic.

For a show not hosted by an edgy, unpredictable, stone cold expert who pitches to serious handicappers.

And that relentless faction wants a more likeable host possessing no more knowledge than they do. A host who assuages their egos by falling a bit short of genuine expertise.

A likeable host? Doubt I'd fit in.

mountainman
05-03-2020, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Boomer. Mark is a brilliant TV analyst and always shoots from the hip, while Nancy is the perfect sounding board and brings peace, tranquility and a trainer's perspective to the broadcast. Their task is more difficult than mine - I just spit out words and hope they make sense.

You're a world-class caller, Pete. And incredibly unique. New ownership is so fortunate to have you. If I were management, I would retain you at all costs.

mountainman
05-03-2020, 02:18 PM
A likeable host? Doubt I'd fit in.

That would make "likeability" the ONLY thing not on your resume.

Peter Berry
05-03-2020, 02:23 PM
You're a world-class caller, Pete. And incredibly unique. New ownership is so fortunate to have you. If I were management, I would retain you at all costs.
Wait ... have you heard something to the contrary?

mountainman
05-03-2020, 02:44 PM
Wait ... have you heard something to the contrary?

NO..quite the opposite. I would bet my life you have a future at mnr.

Redbullsnation
05-03-2020, 06:16 PM
Peter gets some work under his belly :)

paddy79
05-03-2020, 11:47 PM
im looking forward to hearing "he's gone off like a scalded cat"

rrpic6
05-04-2020, 10:26 AM
It would be huge mistake if the Mark and Nancy show ended. Captive at home audiences are really pumping money thru ADW's these days. Did you see that handle on Saturday from Oaklawn? Plenty of time to brainstorm ideas to resume the show, whether it's on-site or from someone's basement or den.

RR

cj
05-04-2020, 11:51 AM
Why are people thinking the show would be ending? Sounded like it was just during these strange times when there would be no crowd allowed.

spang99
05-04-2020, 12:15 PM
As somebody that has both attended and wagered a plenty on MTN since back when it was Waterford Park, I'm extremely happy to hear that racing is set to resume. I do agree with the majority here though. For sure it will be a "glass half full" situation until the true simulcast show returns. The 3 faces, well, the 2 faces and Pete's voice, of MTN are special and irreplaceable. Simply put, It all just clicks and I'll look forward to seeing you all reuniting.

mountainman
05-05-2020, 05:51 PM
As somebody that has both attended and wagered a plenty on MTN since back when it was Waterford Park, I'm extremely happy to hear that racing is set to resume. I do agree with the majority here though. For sure it will be a "glass half full" situation until the true simulcast show returns. The 3 faces, well, the 2 faces and Pete's voice, of MTN are special and irreplaceable. Simply put, It all just clicks and I'll look forward to seeing you all reuniting.

I was 8 the first time my parents took me along to Waterford Park. Within 25 min my fate was sealed. Forever.

Tx for the post, sir.

mountainman
05-05-2020, 05:56 PM
It would be huge mistake if the Mark and Nancy show ended. Captive at home audiences are really pumping money thru ADW's these days. Did you see that handle on Saturday from Oaklawn? Plenty of time to brainstorm ideas to resume the show, whether it's on-site or from someone's basement or den.

RR

How did MVR go for you?? I'm sure your card remains popular with players. You have built a solid rep, in your own right. Hope this pandemic finds you well, Ron.

Tom
05-05-2020, 07:10 PM
The Mark and Nancy show and similar shows at all tracks should GO ON AS NORMAL even if only for ADW bettors. It is part of the product. As long as the hosts have no concerns, and I am sure they are intelligent people, far better able to make that choice than an idiot in Albany.

thaskalos
05-05-2020, 07:26 PM

Pity. There is no shortage of "fluff-shows" out there...whereas there is a real shortage of legitimate handicapping shows which lend to the horseplaying experience the "seriousness" that it deserves. Contrary to popular belief...the "$2-bettor" is no longer the 'backbone' of this industry. And...the more "serious" bettor will not survive in the game for long if he mimics the care-free handicapping and betting antics portrayed by the majority of the track handicappers that we see.

It's mighty short-sighted indeed when a Mark Patterson loses out to a "more likable company-man". :ThmbDown:

porchy44
05-05-2020, 07:29 PM
http://www.laurelhollowpark.net/track/programs.html

Interesting site some History and old programs from Waterford park Days.

mountainman
05-05-2020, 09:25 PM
The Mark and Nancy show and similar shows at all tracks should GO ON AS NORMAL even if only for ADW bettors. It is part of the product. As long as the hosts have no concerns, and I am sure they are intelligent people, far better able to make that choice than an idiot in Albany.

tx, tom...nance and i have infected each other lots of times with colds..flu..sore throat..etc....it's by mutual agreement...if either of us is sick, but still wants to come to work...it's cool with no questions asked..and neither of us has ever so much as raised an eyebrow..

mountainman
05-05-2020, 09:28 PM
Pity. There is no shortage of "fluff-shows" out there...whereas there is a real shortage of legitimate handicapping shows which lend to the horseplaying experience the "seriousness" that it deserves. Contrary to popular belief...the "$2-bettor" is no longer the 'backbone' of this industry. And...the more "serious" bettor will not survive in the game for long if he mimics the care-free handicapping and betting antics portrayed by the majority of the track handicappers that we see.

It's mighty short-sighted indeed when a Mark Patterson loses out to a "more likable company-man". :ThmbDown:

gus, your post means so much..and makes me realize that, at least subconsciously, my goal has always been a show that meets the approval of master handicappers such as yourself..

mountainman
05-05-2020, 09:34 PM

There is a guy named Mark Gonzalez who supplies the photos for that site. His cache of Waterford/Mountaineer memorabilia is both precious and unparalleled.

castaway01
05-06-2020, 02:37 PM

Albany? Mountaineer isn't in New York.

rrpic6
05-06-2020, 02:53 PM
How did MVR go for you?? I'm sure your card remains popular with players. You have built a solid rep, in your own right. Hope this pandemic finds you well, Ron.

All quiet at MVR since Mid-March. No idea when they'll re-open. Holding my own while betting a few times at home. My other side job at a local golf course also keeps me going. Rumors of a Summer Meet plus the Breeder's Cup at Keeneland this Fall are another reason for me not to sleep all day.

RR

PA.race.fan
05-06-2020, 07:37 PM
Hey Mark

So will I be able to sit in the grass on far side of track and watch the horses run? Will I be able to watch morning workouts?

Look fwd to seeing you Nancy & Peter soon!

mountainman
05-06-2020, 11:42 PM
Hey Mark

So will I be able to sit in the grass on far side of track and watch the horses run? Will I be able to watch morning workouts?

Look fwd to seeing you Nancy & Peter soon!

Not sure, sir. I'll find out. And, tx. Long live the mountain.

trifecta
05-07-2020, 12:32 AM
Waterford Park was the first track I ever made a bet at as an adult. (I made my first actual bet at Thistledown when I was about 10.) My brother and I would drive up from Wheeling once a month just to play at Waterford. Even played golf on the little 9-hole golf course at the track, once while the races were taking place. We could hear the jockeys whistling at their horses.

Didn't Bill Hartack win his first race at Waterford?

The three of you do an excellent job there. Welcome back. :)

mountainman
05-07-2020, 02:00 AM
Waterford Park was the first track I ever made a bet at as an adult. (I made my first actual bet at Thistledown when I was about 10.) My brother and I would drive up from Wheeling once a month just to play at Waterford. Even played golf on the little 9-hole golf course at the track, once while the races were taking place. We could hear the jockeys whistling at their horses.

Didn't Bill Hartack win his first race at Waterford?

The three of you do an excellent job there. Welcome back. :)

Great to see you weigh in. Do you remember old Randal Park, right across the street from Tdn?? Or old Ascot Park (my dad would pick me up from my elementary school at lunchtime and head there..dead of winter, arctic cold, whiteout blizzards) ??

Do you remember when Wheeling Downs ran thoroughbreds during the winter?? Mom and dad used to bring home the form and challenge me that night to handicap that afternoon's races. I was 10.

Yes, Hartack got started here. And some old-timers STILL talk about then Waterford Park holding a "Willie Hartack" day (he hadn't yet "changed" his name to "Bill") and him nursing a chronic 5-furlong quitter to a 6-furlong win. In fact, I listed that feat at number 6 (or 7?) in a blog I did entitled "Mountaineer's 10 most significant moments."

You're now in California??

Tom
05-07-2020, 09:28 AM
Albany? Mountaineer isn't in New York.

I was referencing the king of the idiot governors.
Most have no freaking clue what they are doing and most are total a***** in their rules during all of this.

Racing should be going on IN EVERY STATE RIGHT NOW.
PERIOD.

Boomer
05-07-2020, 10:38 AM

Porchy, what a great time capsule. Just spent the last hour reading every page and looking though the amazing photos. Great these things still exist.

Whenever I had business in Pittsburgh, and it has been at least 25 years, I would make it out to Waterford Park. I seem to recall in the back of my minds eye traveling through Beaver Falls and thinking about Joe Namath and what a difference growing up there must have been in comparison to his escapades in New York.

Love going to out of the way tracks and Waterford was one of the best!1

trifecta
05-07-2020, 11:32 AM
Great to see you weigh in. Do you remember old Randal Park, right across the street from Tdn?? Or old Ascot Park (my dad would pick me up from my elementary school at lunchtime and head there..dead of winter, arctic cold, whiteout blizzards) ??

Do you remember when Wheeling Downs ran thoroughbreds during the winter?? Mom and dad used to bring home the form and challenge me that night to handicap that afternoon's races. I was 10.

Yes, Hartack got started here. And some old-timers STILL talk about then Waterford Park holding a "Willie Hartack" day (he hadn't yet "changed" his name to "Bill") and him nursing a chronic 5-furlong quitter to a 6-furlong win. In fact, I listed that feat at number 6 (or 7?) in a blog I did entitled "Mountaineer's 10 most significant moments."

You're now in California??

Thanks, Mark.

My aunt lived in Cleveland but I was too young to remember anything in the Thistledown neighborhood except the track. And Cleveland Stadium, where the Indians played. She took us to an Indians/Yankees game on one of our visits. We saw Lary Doby play. I loved the Topps Indians' baseball cards.

I swear Wheeling Downs had a tunnel on the backstretch, but I could be wrong.

Job took me to California.

Tom

mountainman
05-21-2020, 01:57 AM
Nancy and I will again be doing the show this year.

jay68802
05-21-2020, 02:00 AM

:jump:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIfotf13gzE

lamboguy
05-21-2020, 08:20 AM
10 days and counting

PA.race.fan
05-21-2020, 08:59 AM

Watched some morning workouts there recently. Surprised to see Deshawn working a horse!

He planning to stay local?

mountainman
05-29-2020, 12:43 AM
Watched some morning workouts there recently. Surprised to see Deshawn working a horse!

He planning to stay local?

not for long, i'm sure, sir.

mountainman
05-29-2020, 12:46 AM
Pumped.

thaskalos
05-29-2020, 12:53 AM
Pumped.

Sometimes life deals it straight. :ThmbUp:

Would you be surprised if I pay you an impromptu visit at your place of work? :)

mountainman
05-29-2020, 01:13 AM
Sometimes life deals it straight. :ThmbUp:

Would you be surprised if I pay you an impromptu visit at your place of work? :)

Yes...and extremely pleased..do it, Gus. do NOT think twice...but expect to get together..and if it might entice you, i promise you stories you might never imagine..ones i can only tell a close friend..but be prepared, sir, because i am less articulate and civilized than i might seem on the air..

thaskalos
05-29-2020, 01:18 AM
Yes...and extremely pleased..do it, Gus. do NOT think twice...but expect to get together..and if it might entice you, i promise you stories you might never imagine..ones i can only tell a close friend..

Mark, I hold you in such high esteem that I feel it's imperative we should meet. And I might have a story or two of my own to share...:)

thaskalos
05-29-2020, 01:26 AM
Yes...and extremely pleased..do it, Gus. do NOT think twice...but expect to get together..and if it might entice you, i promise you stories you might never imagine..ones i can only tell a close friend..but be prepared, sir, because i am less articulate and civilized than i might seem on the air...

Only if you promise to never again call me "sir". Placing "sir" on a horseplayer is like putting mayonnaise on a hot dog. :)

mountainman
05-29-2020, 01:45 AM
Mark, I hold you in such high esteem that I feel it's imperative we should meet. And I might have a story or two of my own to share...:)

the hotel opens soon..i'll get you a considerable discount..and forget the esteem part..it's a strong bond of friendship that matters

Mulerider
05-29-2020, 11:56 AM
Only if you promise to never again call me "sir". Placing "sir" on a horseplayer is like putting mayonnaise on a hot dog. :)

There is a lurker on this board (hello Bob!) who can confirm that our mutual horseplayer friend at La. Downs puts mayo on his hot dogs, thereby disgusting everyone at our table. This miscreant is German, so maybe that explains it. I dunno.

cj
05-29-2020, 12:45 PM
There is a lurker on this board (hello Bob!) who can confirm that our mutual horseplayer friend at La. Downs puts mayo on his hot dogs, thereby disgusting everyone at our table. This miscreant is German, so maybe that explains it. I dunno.

That was a thing on fries when I was in Belgium, mayo, or mayo mixed with ketchup. Gross.

affirmedny
05-30-2020, 07:40 AM
That was a thing on fries when I was in Belgium, mayo, or mayo mixed with ketchup. Gross.

Big Mac "secret sauce" is ketchup & mayo

Zydeco
05-30-2020, 07:47 AM

I thought it was basically 1000 Island dressing.

PA.race.fan
05-30-2020, 09:24 AM

Ketchup, mayo, and sweet relish

PA.race.fan
05-30-2020, 09:26 AM
I plan to watch from the grass tomorrow night. Think it’s possible?

Jeff P
05-31-2020, 07:53 PM
Great to see you on TV again Mark.

Also great to hear Peter calling races.

-jp

jay68802
05-31-2020, 08:08 PM

-jp

:ThmbUp:

Having a blast tonight. Doing a video chat with my friend George. We met a Fonner Park and spent a lot of nights together handicapping Mountaineer.

Track Phantom
05-31-2020, 08:27 PM
Is Nancy no longer doing the show with Mark?

Boomer
05-31-2020, 10:36 PM
Wicked spill by Jock Cosme out of gate in finale. Hope he is ok.

mountainman
06-01-2020, 10:59 AM

-jp

tx, jeff

mountainman
06-01-2020, 11:02 AM
Is Nancy no longer doing the show with Mark?

was told i'll be solo..no Nancy, no replacement

cj
06-01-2020, 12:24 PM
Wicked spill by Jock Cosme out of gate in finale. Hope he is ok.

Is that guy an actual jockey? Looked like he had never sat on a horse before.

It was interesting there wasn't a starter in the stall with that one.

Boomer
06-01-2020, 12:35 PM

He may be a she from puerto rico?

https://www.elvocero.com/deportes/jockette-marielis-cosme-se-apunta-su-primer-triunfo/article_c303b014-5047-11ea-8806-6353d0f8203e.html

Track Collector
06-01-2020, 03:35 PM

Probably a cost-cutting measure due to lack of revenue sources from live attendance.

teach21
06-01-2020, 04:49 PM
was ironic that in his race8 on-air prerace notes on all the horses, Mountainman said he wouldn't bet the 1 horse here because of the bug jock and the cutout..and poof right out of the gate, horse veers in (maybe to avoid the cutout god knows) and off flies the bug jock :bang:

spang99
06-01-2020, 06:16 PM

Really sad to hear this. The playful banter between the two of you was special and entertaining. I hope they reconsider, I want Nancy back.

BarchCapper
06-07-2020, 03:38 PM

You are in need of a trip to Rillito! :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonoran_hot_dog

lamboguy
06-07-2020, 04:25 PM
DELETE

cj
06-07-2020, 04:58 PM
DELETE

Since Peter actually tweeted about leaving social media and didn't disclose the details, I'm going to assume he doesn't want them out even if what you say is accurate.

lamboguy
06-07-2020, 05:18 PM
you are 100% right, i just hope he could post the turf status here like he did on twitter.

rrpic6
06-08-2020, 07:58 AM

With the injury of Bobby Quinones last week and the certain departure of DeShawn Parker, the Jockey colony at The Mount are filled with basically exercise riders and older jockeys that might have a combined career winning percentage hovering around 10%. Most of the talented jocks are staying at T-Down so far. Barbaran, Rivera, Bracho Sr. and Jr. would make a huge difference if they chose to commute. Even a past his prime T. D. Houghton could be at 20% if he chooses to go back to West Virginia.

RR

mountainman
06-08-2020, 10:27 AM
With the injury of Bobby Quinones last week and the certain departure of DeShawn Parker, the Jockey colony at The Mount are filled with basically exercise riders and older jockeys that might have a combined career winning percentage hovering around 10%. Most of the talented jocks are staying at T-Down so far. Barbaran, Rivera, Bracho Sr. and Jr. would make a huge difference if they chose to commute. Even a past his prime T. D. Houghton could be at 20% if he chooses to go back to West Virginia.

RR

no question a lack of good jocks...consequently, and because of the extra strain covid places on the room, i'm trying hard to avoid negative critique... but Ortiz's ride on Expressly (number 2..race 2) last night had me biting my tongue..

Boomer
06-08-2020, 10:43 AM
no question a lack of good jocks...consequently, and because of the extra strain covid places on the room, i'm trying hard to avoid negative critique... but Ortiz's ride on Expressly (number 2..race 2) last night had me biting my tongue..

The optics on that ride looked really every single step of the way. Having singled him in the P4, I literally bit mgue watching him steady once again down the lane.

Regarding the early changes, especially on or off turf, I would pick them up on the website last season. Mountain has a new website witch is okay but the scratches and changes are always left blank pre-race card. Makes those first three races hard to handicap.

I think I'll start a Mountain handicapping thread tonight in the handicapping section. I do it one race at a time, in particular with Mountain track biases and the importance of seeing the horses in the paddock. Makes pre played horizontal bets a bit more of a guess though.

arw629
06-08-2020, 02:25 PM
Parker could stay home and bat 30% this year if he wanted to. It will be interesting to see who becomes the king of the mount this year ? Odhair Mayta? One rider there who doesn’t get consistently good mounts but seems to have his horses in the right spots, especially on tracks with any sort of a bias is Luciano Hernandez. My gut tells me you’ll see more Rivera, Barbaran, and Houghton.

mountainman
06-13-2020, 02:46 PM
just did facetime interview with Matt Jukich, Century's manager of racing ops. Good guy, down to earth, enjoyed it a lot. Should be posted to website soon.

judehaz
06-14-2020, 06:57 PM
When do you guys think Luis will be back at the track?

Also, any update or rumor on when spectators will be allowed and when the OTB and other areas at the casino might reopen?

rrpic6
06-15-2020, 10:29 AM
I see the most enigmatic Jockey around is named on many mounts tonight at Mountaineer. If Luis Colon was able to acquire a license to ride in West Virginia, he'll clean up. He's as talented as any rider in the Mid-West.

RR

Boomer
06-15-2020, 10:38 AM
I see the most enigmatic Jockey around is named on many mounts tonight at Mountaineer. If Luis Colon was able to acquire a license to ride in West Virginia, he'll clean up. He's as talented as any rider in the Mid-West.

RR

Why would he be denied a license?

rrpic6
06-16-2020, 06:13 AM
Watch a replay of Race 8 on 6-15. Colon masterfully waits for an opening along the rail and scoots through to win easily on #4 Passionate Star. He doesn't flinch as #3 Tizaawesomeday slightly lugs in when being passed.

Watch the replay a few times for some sh*@s and giggles. The other riders look like they are in the scene from the movie STRIPES. The part where they stagger through the obstacle course during Basic Training.

RR

Boomer
06-16-2020, 11:37 AM
That was sweet since it was my only mtneer bet of the night. So why is he at the mountain and not Ohio?

mountainman
06-16-2020, 01:44 PM
just did facetime interview with Matt Jukich, Century's manager of racing ops. Good guy, down to earth, enjoyed it a lot. Should be posted to website soon.

now posted on mnr's facebook page...

Zman179
06-16-2020, 03:04 PM
At Mountaineer, keep your eyes on Keivan Serrano. This kid knows how to ride a horse. With the right mounts he’ll make the top of the standings.

mountainman
06-16-2020, 03:12 PM
At Mountaineer, keep your eyes on Keivan Serrano. This kid knows how to ride a horse. With the right mounts he’ll make the top of the standings.

gave him high praise last nite for stellar ride on go uncle bob..was true gem

Robert Fischer
06-16-2020, 03:40 PM
now posted on mnr's facebook page...

You are giving away your edge!

Music to Mountaineer fans ear's (Horse-for-course, ship-in form, conditions,...)

https://www.facebook.com/MountaineerCasino/videos/251621959477367/

mountainman
06-16-2020, 04:35 PM

Music to Mountaineer fans ear's (Horse-for-course, ship-in form, conditions,...)

tx, pal...means a lot from you

jimmyb
06-16-2020, 09:58 PM

:ThmbUp:Can't remember a better racing related interview. We (horse players) need more of this.

mountainman
06-16-2020, 10:46 PM
:ThmbUp:Can't remember a better racing related interview. We (horse players) need more of this.

tx. dude..i'm good at being myself..lol...have had tons of practice

Zaf
06-16-2020, 11:17 PM

I agree !

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::headbanger:

Z

rrpic6
06-17-2020, 02:10 AM
That was sweet since it was my only mtneer bet of the night. So why is he at the mountain and not Ohio?

Most likely looking for a fresh start.

RR

Robert Fischer
06-30-2020, 03:46 PM
:ThmbUp: Mark is the newest guest on The Triple Clowns podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6SYzg0eq84

Interview starts about 31.30 on the video

Zaf
07-01-2020, 08:54 AM
That was awesome :headbanger::ThmbUp:

Z

PA.race.fan
07-15-2020, 08:08 AM
WV derby cancelled. Upsetting to me. Are fans currently allowed?

lamboguy
07-15-2020, 08:13 AM
WV derby cancelled. Upsetting to me. Are fans currently allowed?
i think its more to do with other tracks not allowing their jockeys to leave and come back to the tracks they were riding at. they could be having the problem of getting the caliber of horses that they usually have for that reason.

i don't blame them for cancelling, i think its a good move.

PA.race.fan
07-15-2020, 08:16 AM
Yea that makes sense, good point

It’s been a tough year

mountainman
07-15-2020, 12:27 PM
Almost certainly for the best. Our race would not have worked as a derby prep. The pandemic reshuffling would have squeezed us out of our niche.