PDA

View Full Version : Look what Elizabeth Edwards is wearing!

JustMissed
10-25-2004, 11:01 AM
Take a look at Liz at drudgereport.com.

WOW-she must have gained fifty pounds since she has been on the campaign trail. Must be all those free snacks they get.

When I first saw her picture I thought she was wearing a Ringling Brothers tent.hehehe.

I tried to paste the photo but couldn't get it to work. Maybe someone else would like to try to paste it. Also, the second photo of her in the light blue pants suit.

If Kerry gets in I wonder who he will appoint as National Director for Physical Fitness. Hey, maybe Michael Moore.

JM
:)

ElKabong
10-25-2004, 11:13 AM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=15743

okie doke :D

betchatoo
10-25-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by JustMissed
Take a look at Liz at drudgereport.com.

WOW-she must have gained fifty pounds since she has been on the campaign trail. Must be all those free snacks they get.

When I first saw her picture I thought she was wearing a Ringling Brothers tent.hehehe.

I tried to paste the photo but couldn't get it to work. Maybe someone else would like to try to paste it. Also, the second photo of her in the light blue pants suit.

If Kerry gets in I wonder who he will appoint as National Director for Physical Fitness. Hey, maybe Michael Moore.

JM

It's good to hear caring and sensitivity like the true Christian you are

JustMissed
10-25-2004, 12:01 PM
Hey Elk, she even looks bigger in your photo than she did in the other photo?

It used to be a sin to discuss campaign opponents' family members in public but John Kerry and John Edwards said it was ok so I will take them at their word.

Proverbs 23:20-21

Do not be with heavy drinkers of wine,
Or with gluttonous eaters of meat

For the heavy drinker and the glutton will come to proverty,
And drowsiness will clothe a man with rags.

I am so proud that our President, George Bush, when he realized he had an addiction problem, he admitted it, he asked for forgiveness, he asked God to help him overcome that demon and he put down that beer can and turned his life around.

A man of faith, a man of strength and a man of disicpline.

Just think what an inspiration Elizabeth Edwards would have been if she had put down those Wendy double bacon cheeseburgers with the Supersized Frosty's, and had lost 50 pounds during the campaign instead of gaining 50 pounds?

I wonder sometimes if the DemLibs just want what they want and when they want it without regard to others?

Maybe that is why the DemLibs have such a hard time getting their message across. They lack discipline and commitment.Just a thought.

JM

betchatoo
10-25-2004, 12:09 PM
JM

Judge not, lest ye be judged

Your posts about people are small and mean spirited. Yet you say the devil has taken over the Democrats. I'm beginning to believe that when he goes to Florida he stays at your house.

sq764
10-25-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by betchatoo
JM

Your posts about people are small and mean spirited. Yet you say the devil has taken over the Democrats. I'm beginning to believe that when he goes to Florida he stays at your house.

Well, what's wrong with calling a fatty a fatty to world? Calling a lesbian a lesbian to the world is ok, right?

JustMissed
10-25-2004, 12:32 PM
JM

So what is mean spirited about pointing out that a VP candidate's wife has put on a lot of weight?

I'll tell you what is mean spirited:

Giving anti-war speeches that causes American POWs to be tortured and murdered.

Plotting to kill a US Senator

Supporting the murder of unborn children

Supporting unnatural sex acts between men on men and between women on women.

Saying the war in Iraq is unnecessary when our solders are still in harms way.

You want to know where the Devil stays, he stays in the DNC headquarters and probably up Terry McAuliffe's ass.

JM

lsbets
10-25-2004, 12:43 PM
If its okay for Kerry to point out the obvious, that Dick Cheney has a lesbian daughter, than why is it not okay for JM to point out the obvious - that John Edwards has a fat wife? Maybe I should be more politcally correct - John Edwards has a gravitationally challenged wife. Maybe he can sue McDonald's for the weight she has gained during the campaign, or sue Bush for her overeating due to stress. Or sue JM for pointing out that she is fat and giving her low self esteem causing her to eat more and gain more weight. Wow, he can make money off this a million different ways.

Secretariat
10-25-2004, 12:50 PM
This is all you got? Elizabath Edwards is overweight and you question her fashion. Sad.

ElKabong
10-25-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
This is all you got? Elizabath Edwards is overweight and you question her fashion. Sad.

That and the fact her husband is an ambulance chasing senator without a record to stand on.

JustMissed
10-25-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by ElKabong
That and the fact her husband is an ambulance chasing senator without a record to stand on.

Hey, guess what I just got in the mail. A large postcard from the Bush Campaign.

On the fromt is a picture of Michael Moore and Jane Fonda with the HOLLYWOOD sign in the background. The caption is "John Kerry's Heart and Soul of America?"

On the back of the card are some Kerry quotes and also a column of votes headed up as "Kerry Values".

He voted AGAINST

sq764
10-25-2004, 01:24 PM

Hey, at least it's the truth..

Unlike the tazmanian devil ketchup queen saying Mrs Bush never had a job..

JustMissed
10-25-2004, 01:31 PM
Kerry:

Voted AGAINST the bipartisan Defense of Marriage Act(which Bill Clinton signed)

Kerry voted AGAINST Laci Peterson's Law that protects pregnant women and unborn children from violence.

He is AGAINST a ban on burning the United States flag.

Kerry voted AGAINST the $87 billion to support our troops on the frot lines in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Kerry is AGAINST judges who will strictly interpret the law, but supports the actions of activist judges.

Aslo, on the back are three small pictures of:

Kerry holding hands with Ted Kennedy

Kerry Holding hands with Dukakis

Kerry at a anti-war rally with Jane Fonda

I hope this card was sent to every registered voter.

THERE IS MORE AT STAKE THAN JUST EDWARD'S FAT ASS WIFE.

JM

kenwoodallpromos
10-25-2004, 02:17 PM
Since I am a "fatty", I will tell you what is wrong:
Nothing is wrong with calling a fatty a fatty.
What is wrong is:
1) Making umerous and extremely degrading remarks about someone based on something about their physical appearance, whether or not you believe it is a choiuce to look that way. There is a difference between good-natured ribbing a little bit and going beyond that.
Some people think there is nothing wrong with calling someone a ******, spick, retarded, cripple, elephant ears, or other things based on appearance; but there is.
2) Some people actually are fat and it is not by their choice: people built with certain bone stuctures, bad glands, even with legitimate slow metabolism.
3) Due to campaigning she may not be able do her normal physical routine.
4) For a lot of people being fat is due to a food addiction. There are a lot of people with a lot of worse addiction especially those that hurt other people; but theirs are hidden. That puts fattys at a disadvantage to those addicted to booze, dope, cigs, or betting money to watch crippled doped up horses being whipped around the dirt once every 30 minutes. Like her problem is worse than 95% of losers at the track!
5) It is easy to take non-relative shots at anybody, including your favorite politician's wife.
When is Bush going to change his shirt? LOL.

sq764
10-25-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
Since I am a "fatty", I will tell you what is wrong:
Nothing is wrong with calling a fatty a fatty.
What is wrong is:
1) Making umerous and extremely degrading remarks about someone based on something about their physical appearance, whether or not you believe it is a choiuce to look that way. There is a difference between good-natured ribbing a little bit and going beyond that.
Some people think there is nothing wrong with calling someone a ******, spick, retarded, cripple, elephant ears, or other things based on appearance; but there is.
2) Some people actually are fat and it is not by their choice: people built with certain bone stuctures, bad glands, even with legitimate slow metabolism.
3) Due to campaigning she may not be able do her normal physical routine.
4) For a lot of people being fat is due to a food addiction. There are a lot of people with a lot of worse addiction especially those that hurt other people; but theirs are hidden. That puts fattys at a disadvantage to those addicted to booze, dope, cigs, or betting money to watch crippled doped up horses being whipped around the dirt once every 30 minutes. Like her problem is worse than 95% of losers at the track!
5) It is easy to take non-relative shots at anybody, including your favorite politician's wife.

Aren't SOME people a lesbian not by choice too????

Shouldn't you be blasting Kerry for this insensitive remark? Let's not be hypocritical

JustMissed
10-25-2004, 03:14 PM
That puts fattys at a disadvantage to those addicted to booze, dope, cigs, or betting money to watch crippled doped up horses being whipped around the dirt once every 30 minutes. Like her problem is worse than 95% of losers at the track!

Ken, You don't think much of horseplayers do you. Or horse racing for that matter.

I like the "bad glands" excuse, that is a good one. Next time your are at the library, that a look at some of the old photos of folks from the early pioneer days, or around the time of the Civil War or around the depression era or WW2. You will probably notice that most folk are "pencil thin". What do you think happened after WW2. Hey maybe everyone got some kind of "bad gland" desease that made them fat.

Food allergies, I'll agree with you on that one. Elizabeth Edwards is allergic to Wendy's, McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut and Dunkin and Krispy Creme Donuts.

The truth is she is fat because she wants to be fat. She overeats, doesn't exercise and probably is going through menopause and is on Hormone Replacement Therapy(HRT). Taking Premarine I suspect, by choice, and not out of medical necessity.

I'll say one thing about your response though, it was a typical DemLib response. Just blame a personal problem on someone or something else--don't ever take any personal responsibilty for you own actions. Isn't that the way the DemLibs do it.

JM

Secretariat
10-25-2004, 08:49 PM
Fat only in Post WW II. Obviously, JM has never seen a pix of President Howard Taft. What the <Cheney> does it have to do with politics anyway, otherwise they'd be booting Dennis Hastert out of the House.

JustMissed
10-25-2004, 10:07 PM
"Obesity In America

America is one of the richest, most progressive countries in the world. Shouldn't it be one of the healthiest too? Maybe it should be, but the sad truth is that Americans are some of the unhealthiest people in the world. Even though we are living in a country with great economic power and technological advancement, we are also living in a country with the smallest fund of practical nutritional knowledge. We are living in a land plagued with obesity.

America is home to the most obese people in the world. According to the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention), obesity in adults has increased by 60% within the past twenty years and obesity in children has tripled in the past thirty years. A staggering 33% of American adults are obese and obesity-related deaths have climbed to more than 300,000 a year, second only to tobacco-related deaths. Not excluded from this statistic, Native Hawaiians have alarmingly high rates of obesity, diabetes and heart disease. The number of Hawaiian children suffering from obesity is double that of children throughout the nation. In May 2001 the University of Hawaii Kinesiology and Leisure Science Department along with the Brigham Young University Exercise and Sport Science Department conducted a local study and found that more than 20% of Hawaiian children were overweight.

Hawaiians aren't the only indigenous people in America that have high rates of obesity. According to Dr. Kelly Brownell, PhD, an expert on American diet and health, a study was conducted with the Pima Indians who live both in Mexico and Arizona. It was found that those Pima Indians who live in Arizona have much higher rates of obesity than their counterparts in Mexico, even though both groups of people have the same genetic and ethnic background. This is also true for many migrants of the US who have a much higher obesity rate than their relatives back home.

So the question is, why the American people? What do we do that is so different than the rest of the world? There is no mystery behind this epidemic- we simply need to examine the American diet and lifestyle. Living a life on the go, eating fast-food and microwave dinners, the health of the American people has been sacrificed. Instead of eating a diet of pure, wholesome foods coming directly from the land, Americans eat a diet of packaged, processed, and refined foods.

Through technological advancement we have found ways to produce food in mass quantities, make it last longer and taste better. Unfortunately, during this processing somewhere along the line, we seemed to have lost the food. The highly processed and refined products that pack our supermarket shelves are loaded with sugar, hydrogenated oils, and plenty more ingredients that we can't even pronounce.

Fast-food restaurants have become mainstream in the past 30 years and practically all of America takes advantage of the cheap prices, quick service and tasty meals. Convenient as they may be, these meals contain practically no nutrients. They are comprised mostly of saturated fats and highly refined carbohydrates and are loaded with sodium and sugar. The average adult shouldn't have more than 65 grams of fat or 2000 calories a day. One meal from Burger King, a hamburger and French fries, has 50 grams of fat and 2000 calories, which is almost enough to fill someone's fat and calorie quota for the day!

The average child sees more than 10,000 food ads on TV each year, most for high-calorie, high-fat, and high-sugar meals. Not only does the fast food industry spend billions per year on marketing, but also they have infiltrated our schools, signing contracts with them. Our children are bombarded from every angle with these toxic foods making it virtually impossible for them to eat anything else. It is no wonder that we have an increasingly obese population of children (who in time will become an obese population of adults).

Americans have re-defined the word food. In the Webster's dictionary food is any nourishing substance eaten, drunk, or otherwise taken into the body to sustain life, provide energy, promote growth, etc. In American society food is that which is fatty, tasty, processed, refined and contains no nutrients; a substance detrimental to the body's functions, creating disease, and resulting in death. At no time in history have humans eaten such refined, processed and fatty food and at no time in history have humans had such an obesity epidemic.

Since before anyone can remember, our ancestors, and our ancestors' ancestors ate a diet coming directly from the land. In those days obesity wasn't even a word. With modern technology much has been gained but some things have been lost. What was instinct for our ancestors must be taught to our children. Today, backwards as we may be in regards to our health, there is always hope.

Out of necessity, many obese people suffering from various complications and diseases have learned to change their diet. Those people, with determination and a will to survive, have succeeded in becoming healthy once again. They have learned that cutting out meat products, processed foods, fast-foods, high sugar and high sodium foods, while incorporating whole grains, vegetables, fruits and legumes into the diet is the only way to return back to health. It is not easy to go against the strong current of an unhealthy society but it is a necessity."

Wow, obesity in adults has increase 60% in adults in the last 20 years. I wonder how much it has increased since 1945. Probably alot.

This is serious stuff. Obesity may be a worse threat for Americans than terrorism. I wish John Edwards would address this issue. I wonder what is John Kerry's plan to solve the obesity problem?

Hey, maybe they don't want to solve it. Maybe this is the solution to the social security crisis. Dead fat people can't cash those checks can they?

McDonalds gets rich. John Edwards gets rich sueing McDonalds. Social security fund gets rich. Politians get rich stealing the excess social security. The funeral homes get rich. Looks to me like the only loser is the poor dead fat man.

Gee, I wonder when George Bush and the Republicans talk about people taking more personal responsibity for themselves if they aren't on to something very positive?

Just something to think about,

JM

kenwoodallpromos
10-25-2004, 10:45 PM
You missed the point. It is easy to trash people for BS reasons.
And beibg against profiling is not a party thing. Neither is assuming you know everything about someone by looking at them.
Do only fattys go through menopause? That is news to me. LOL.
You should win lots of races by looking at horses in the post parade you are so good at analyzing by looks!

sq764
10-25-2004, 10:48 PM
You missed the point. It is easy to trash people for BS reasons.
And beibg against profiling is not a party thing. Neither is assuming you know everything about someone by looking at them.
Do only fattys go through menopause? That is news to me. LOL.
You should win lots of races by looking at horses in the post parade you are so good at analyzing by looks!
Where was this post after Kerry took the cheapshot at Cheney's daughter?

Tom
10-25-2004, 10:59 PM

Don't foget her small brain and stupid coments she makes. That is a big part of her personality.

JustMissed
10-25-2004, 11:37 PM
"1. What is Premarin®?
As the name implies, Premarin® is a conjugated estrogen product extracted from pregnant mares' urine (PMU). It is manufactured by Wyeth-Ayerst Laboratories, Inc., and is most commonly prescribed for estrogen replacement therapy (ERT) to relieve hormonal deficiency symptoms associated with menopause or hysterectomy. More recently, it has been prescribed to help prevent osteoporosis and heart disease. Premarin® is the most widely used ERT drug, marketed for more than 50 years, and currently administered to more than nine million American women."

Ken, as far as I know, most doctors will give their female patients a prescription for Premarin as soon as they complain of any of the signs of the onset of menopause.

To the best of my knowledge most doctors prescribe the same dosage of Premarin to each patient regardless of their weight or age or other factors. A 100 lb gal get the same dosage as a 180 lb gal.

Ken, I have no proof to offer but it is fairly well know that Wyeth gives significant compensation(read kickback)to doctors who prescribe Premarin. Trust me, when a 40 year old gal walks into a Doc's office complaining of hot flashes--she is going to be walking out with a script for Premarin.

Not to get into a medical discertation but menopause is not an illness. Women have been going through menopause for millions of years with no ill effects and certainly without taking a medication for the condition.

I won't try to explain to you the taoist concept of "transmutation" to you, but would ask you to consider what do you think happens when a women digest a foreign substance like horse hormones?

The body will attempt to flush out that foreign substance or will attempt to dilute that foreign substance. Since the horse hormones(Premarin) are stored within the body tissue, the body has no choice but to retain fat and fluid in an attempt to dilute the foreign substance. Hence my belief that many middle aged women on Premarin experience significant weight gain regardless of their calorie intake or exercise.

Someone like Elizabeth Edwards who has a tendacy to overeat and who is, in all likelyhood, taking hormone replacement, has a constant battle on her hands to keep the weight off.

Anyway Ken, I believe that 95% of our problem are solvable by ourselfs and the other 5% we cannot do anything about so why worry.

I'm looking for a President and Vice President who are problem solvers and not blamers. I'm looking for a President who believes in personal responsibilty and who is willing to take personal responsibility.

Just my take on menopause,

JM

JustRalph
10-26-2004, 02:48 AM
what a bunch of shit thread. Ok, she is fat. You guys think you took this a little far? I am sitting here reading about mare urine?

betchatoo
10-26-2004, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by sq764
Where was this post after Kerry took the cheapshot at Cheney's daughter?

What cheap shot? Calling a lesbian, a lesbian is not an insult. Don't believe me? Ask one.

sq764
10-26-2004, 09:26 AM
What cheap shot? Calling a lesbian, a lesbian is not an insult. Don't believe me? Ask one.

Um, the whole issue being made was that being fat could have been out of her control, which would make the comment unfair.

I would think being a lesbian falls under that same category..

kenwoodallpromos
10-26-2004, 02:00 PM
Aided by hormone treatments, Edwards was pregnant with Emma Claire, now 6, during her husband's first run for the U.S. Senate in 1998. She had Jack, 4, when she was 50.

So she has a valid medical reason for being fat. End of discussion.