PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore...wassuip with that?

Tom
10-24-2004, 10:47 PM
Many believe he won the popular vote in 2000.
Many believe Bush has bene the worst president in modern times.
Many believe Bush stole the election from Gore in 2000.

So......how come no one supported him in 2004? If w he was such hot stuff, and Bush was so bad, why the change to Kerry?
Wouldn't you think most people who voted for him before would vote for him again, and then some?

sq764
10-24-2004, 10:48 PM
Same reason Kerry would never have a chance if he loses this year..

boxcar
10-24-2004, 10:58 PM
Gore lost popularity with people after he took the steep dive down to Ultra Left Wing politics. Gore this year is a lot different than the Gore of 2000. This is why so many were also turned off to the straight jacket candidate Dean -- save, of course, for his relatively few loyal Deaniacs.

Boxcar

Secretariat
10-25-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Tom
Many believe he won the popular vote in 2000.
Many believe Bush has bene the worst president in modern times.
Many believe Bush stole the election from Gore in 2000.

So......how come no one supported him in 2004? If w he was such hot stuff, and Bush was so bad, why the change to Kerry?
Wouldn't you think most people who voted for him before would vote for him again, and then some?

Tom,

Not sure you remember this, but Gore dropped out of the election run before the primaries even began. It's not that people didn't support him, he was the DEM front runner in the polls prior to the primary. He just chose not to put his family thorugh this again.

As to "Many" believe Gore won the popular vote. Go t othe statistics at the Federal Elections Commission site. The offical popular vote was Gore winning by a half a million people. It isn't just "many", its the official count.

I beleive Bush has been not only the worst President of Modern Times, but of all time. No other President has ever built deficits like these which threaten future generations, and no other president has a worse environmental record. I admit fellas like
Coolidge, and Harding and Nixon are in the running, but hard for me to say over Nixon, but King George the II takes the cake.

sq764
10-25-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Secretariat
Tom,

Not sure you remember this, but Gore dropped out of the election run before the primaries even began. It's not that people didn't support him, he was the DEM front runner in the polls prior to the primary. He just chose not to put his family thorugh this again.

As to "Many" believe Gore won the popular vote. Go t othe statistics at the Federal Elections Commission site. The offical popular vote was Gore winning by a half a million people. It isn't just "many", its the official count.

I beleive Bush has been not only the worst President of Modern Times, but of all time. No other President has ever built deficits like these which threaten future generations, and no other president has a worse environmental record. I admit fellas like
Coolidge, and Harding and Nixon are in the running, but hard for me to say over Nixon, but King George the II takes the cake.

So does this mean you will, in fact, move to France when Bush wins? Or will it just be 4 more years of living in the greatest country in the world , but complaining the whole time?

Secretariat
10-25-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by sq764
So does this mean you will, in fact, move to France when Bush wins? Or will it just be 4 more years of living in the greatest country in the world , but complaining the whole time?

So those are my alternatives...move to another country or keep quiet...man, that's really America. Thank God for men like Martin Luther King who didn't just acquiesce and see things as simply as you propose.

boxcar
10-25-2004, 01:41 PM
Secretariat writes:

So those are my alternatives...move to another country or keep quiet...man, that's really America. Thank God for men like Martin Luther King who didn't just acquiesce and see things as simply as you propose.

Oh...you mean just like Simpleton Kerry, if elected, won't acquiesce to the terrorists and insurgents in Iraq by broadcasting to the world his arbitrary withdrawl timetable?

Boxcar

sq764
10-25-2004, 02:09 PM

No, see, there are people that complain and there are those that see how something could improve and DO something about it..

And yes, your vote for Kerry is your way of DOING something about it, but that's all?? in 4 or 8 years, that's all you have done?

Secretariat
10-25-2004, 02:15 PM
No, see, there are people that complain and there are those that see how something could improve and DO something about it..

And yes, your vote for Kerry is your way of DOING something about it, but that's all?? in 4 or 8 years, that's all you have done?

Oh, I see you can divine the future now. You must be like your buddy Bush with a cell phone to heaven. What a joke.

Jeep
10-25-2004, 03:52 PM
Hey, Secretariat, I guess you weren't in the service during the Viet Nam thing. I was and tho I saw no action and was no hero, I do have a couple of Medals and some ribbons. What do you suggest I do with them? Burn 'em or just throw them away.
Know why Kerry didn't take Theresa with him on his hunting trip?
He didn't want to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

sq764
10-25-2004, 04:07 PM
Oh, I see you can divine the future now. You must be like your buddy Bush with a cell phone to heaven. What a joke.

What in the freaking hell did you get out of my response that has to do with 'divining the future'?

Do you sniff glue all day or do you take breaks?

Equineer
10-25-2004, 04:27 PM

And yes, your vote for Kerry is your way of DOING something about it, but that's all?? in 4 or 8 years, that's all you have done? Aren't you denigrating Secretariat a bit harshly?

Are you that self-righteous just because you served 8 years in the military, 4 years as a "Save The Children" missionary, and picked up litter for 2 years in the "Adopt a Highway" program?

How do you know what Secretariat does besides vote and contribute thoughtful and comprehensive posts to this forum?

sq764
10-25-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Equineer
Aren't you denigrating Secretariat a bit harshly?

Are you that self-righteous just because you served 8 years in the military, 4 years as a "Save The Children" missionary, and picked up litter for 2 years in the "Adopt a Highway" program?

How do you know what Secretariat does besides vote and contribute thoughtful and comprehensive posts to this forum?

I think you misplaced 'thoughtful' with 'jaded' and 'comprehensive' with 'misguided'

Who said I was being self-rightous? I don't sit here and bitch and complain about the country I live in. If you don't like the country, then get the 'F' out.. Plain and simple.

People like this don't leave because they know this is the greatest country in the world and they have it 100 times better here than they would anywhere else in the world. Just easier to use their freedom of speech to bitch and bitch and bitch..

Why doesn't Secretariat run for office?? That way he can MAKE A CHANGE.. Until then, it's just bitching and complaining..

Secretariat
10-25-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Jeep
Hey, Secretariat, I guess you weren't in the service during the Viet Nam thing. I was and tho I saw no action and was no hero, I do have a couple of Medals and some ribbons. What do you suggest I do with them? Burn 'em or just throw them away.
Know why Kerry didn't take Theresa with him on his hunting trip?
He didn't want to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Hey Jeep. Maybe you haven't read many of my threads, but I was over in Nam as well, and yes, I am voting for Kerry as are the members of his Swift Boat.

Tom
10-25-2004, 10:50 PM
Hey Jeep. Maybe you haven't read many of my threads, but I was over in Nam as well, and yes, I am voting for Kerry as are the members of his Swift Boat.

Ginger and Mary Ann maybe, but the Howes are not taking his crap laying down..they are solidly behind Bush.

Get real, Sec, Kerry wants to make terroists the pesky annoyance they once were? This guy is crazier than you could imagine.

sq764
10-25-2004, 10:52 PM

Ahh, you personally know the members of his swift boat now?

Why didn't you tell us this beforehand?

Secretariat
10-25-2004, 10:57 PM
Ahh, you personally know the members of his swift boat now?

Why didn't you tell us this beforehand?

Where did I say I "personally" know them? (You must be learning your distortion tactics from Rove?) They've gone on record saying as much including lifelong Republican Rasmussen.

sq764
10-25-2004, 11:02 PM
Where did I say I "personally" know them? (You must be learning your distortion tactics from Rove?) They've gone on record saying as much including lifelong Republican Rasmussen.

I once told my wife I was looking forward to watching a Julia Roberts movie with her so I could bet horses later that night..

What is your point exactly?

Jeep
10-26-2004, 02:10 PM
I'm not going to play ping-pong with you Secretariat, but if you were in Viet Nam and you're voting for Kerry my final reply is "Shame on you".

Secretariat
10-26-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Jeep
I'm not going to play ping-pong with you Secretariat, but if you were in Viet Nam and you're voting for Kerry my final reply is "Shame on you".

Well, then you may as well tell Jim Rasmussen that as well.