PDA

View Full Version : "Moose" is growing

Parson
04-05-2020, 06:49 PM
Our little "moose" really has filled out over the past 4 weeks. Here he is today with 3 pics compared to 2 weeks ago. I am always amazed how quick they change.

castaway01
04-06-2020, 01:25 PM
Great pictures!

jay68802
04-06-2020, 01:40 PM
Elusive Moose

Parson
04-06-2020, 01:48 PM
:D

CryingForTheHorses
04-06-2020, 05:59 PM
Our little "moose" really has filled out over the past 4 weeks. Here he is today with 3 pics compared to 2 weeks ago. I am always amazed how quick they change.

Great pics, Do you have many horses?

Parson
04-06-2020, 06:39 PM
Great pics, Do you have many horses?

Thanks for the compliments on the pics. "Moose" is not his name, just a nickname for him because he was so big at birth.
But I have Moose, he is our 1st homebred and just purchased a broodmare last week since I lost Moose's momma. I also have a small piece of couple others. Those are claimers and they come and go.
In addtion to those claimers, we are looking to purchase a couple of 2 yr olds this spring. We try and spread our money out. I have my eyes on a Skipshot colt that I think I can buy for about 10k, a 2 yr old Outwork filly that looks like will cost about 50k, and my KY Derby Dreamer this year is a Frosted colt. So far the asking price for him is 140k.
I always have partners to spread the costs. We have fun, some years we makes some money, some years break even and some years not so good.
So I think between what is on the farm, on the track training, we own 5 and hoping we can get all 3 of our 2 yr old price points. Maybe not those paticular ones but find something similar at those prices.

CryingForTheHorses
04-06-2020, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the compliments on the pics. "Moose" is not his name, just a nickname for him because he was so big at birth.
But I have Moose, he is our 1st homebred and just purchased a broodmare last week since I lost Moose's momma. I also have a small piece of couple others. Those are claimers and they come and go.
In addtion to those claimers, we are looking to purchase a couple of 2 yr olds this spring. We try and spread our money out. I have my eyes on a Skipshot colt that I think I can buy for about 10k, a 2 yr old Outwork filly that looks like will cost about 50k, and my KY Derby Dreamer this year is a Frosted colt. So far the asking price for him is 140k.
I always have partners to spread the costs. We have fun, some years we makes some money, some years break even and some years not so good.
So I think between what is on the farm, on the track training, we own 5 and hoping we can get all 3 of our 2 yr old price points. Maybe not those paticular ones but find something similar at those prices.

Good luck to you!
Thank you for that!

Elkchester Road
04-06-2020, 08:44 PM
Great pictures, Parson. Thanks so much. :)

biggestal99
04-07-2020, 06:33 AM

The first homebred is always the favorite.

Breeding your own horses, takes steel nerves and a lot of luck

Our first was a quality and born on Groundhog Day.

“The hog”

Allan

Parson
04-07-2020, 07:53 AM
The first homebred is always the favorite.

Breeding your own horses, takes steel nerves and a lot of luck
Our first was a quality and born on Groundhog Day.

“The hog”

Allan

not only nerves, but the patience of Job as well

stuball
04-07-2020, 01:49 PM
Moose on the Loose

foregoforever
04-07-2020, 02:46 PM
Majestik Møøse

jay68802
04-07-2020, 02:58 PM
Air Moose

Jayhawk6191
04-07-2020, 03:13 PM
Marty Moose

"Sorry folks, park's closed. Uh-huh, Uh-huh, Uh-huh":D

Parson
03-08-2021, 07:52 AM
Our "little" colt turns 1 yr today. Happy Birthday Elusive Warrior, aka Moose, he sure did like the carrots my wife was feeding him yesterday afternoon.

Robert Fischer
03-08-2021, 08:32 AM
wish i could quote the photos from page 1

Our "little" colt turns 1 yr today. Happy Birthday Elusive Warrior, aka Moose, he sure did like the carrots my wife was feeding him yesterday afternoon.

Happy B-Day Moose!

Moo man

Mucho

Mucho Muchacho

Mr. Moo

Big Moose :jump: