PDA

View Full Version : Edwards' blantantly illegal church campaigning:

kenwoodallpromos
10-24-2004, 02:54 PM
From Kerry website:
Orlando, FL - Today at St. Mark’s AME Church in Orlando, Vice Presidential candidate John Edwards spoke about today’s New York Times report that found that our economy is millions of jobs short of where it should be, that the majority of the recent job creation is in low-wage industries and that wages are not keeping up with inflation.

“It made the front page of the paper today but it’s not news to many Americans that wages are not keeping up with inflation. We have got to do more to help families who are struggling to make ends meet. For too many families, it takes every dime they make just to pay their bills, and if something goes wrong — a child gets sick, if somebody gets laid off, if they have financial problems – they go right off a cliff. And people say ‘this is the best economy in our lifetime?’ We can do better than this and we will.

“John Kerry will fight to strengthen our middle class and lift more people into it. And together, we can ensure that the American Dream of building something better is never replaced with the dream of just getting by.”

boxcar
10-24-2004, 03:05 PM
It's a well known fact that Kerry rarely graced the doorsteps of any church. However, not that it's near game time, he's trying to broaden his appeal to people of "faith". He'll stoop to any level to try conceal his liberalism.

Boxcar

kenwoodallpromos
10-24-2004, 03:13 PM
Milwaukee, WI - John Kerry issued the following statement today as Muslims across America and around the world mark the beginning of Ramadan:

"I send my sincere greetings to Muslims across America and around the world who are beginning the fast for the holy month of Ramadan 1425.

"During this month of charity and reflection, we join you in praying for peace and understanding. American Muslims span nearly every culture and race and we honor and recognize the valuable contributions that Muslim Americans have made to our nation.

"Freedom of religion is a founding principle of our nation. American society and democracy are stronger when we welcome people of all faiths and traditions. America needs people of goodwill, and conscience, to come together and promote peace, as Islam teaches. True understanding and real progress can only come about when we are all willing to look beyond our differences and embrace our common humanity."
---I guess he understands Islam. I don not.

lsbets
10-24-2004, 03:40 PM
Considering that most of the large Islamic centers in the US are fundined by Wahabi extremists, you have to wonder whose vote he is courting. I am very disturbed that neither candidate addresses the key issue in the war on terror - it is a war between the civilized world and extreme Islam, and we are allowing extreme Islam to grow within our borders under the guise of the 1st amendmant. Our very freedoms that we hold dear may prove to be our downfall. We as a people need to wake up to this fact, and eliminate the extremists in our midst. I know there are many here who won't like my words, but they are the truth, and the truth needs to be confronted.

Tom
10-24-2004, 05:53 PM
Apparently, neither candidate sees the value in protecting our borders. Got to wonder if BOTH have been bought off on this one.

kenwoodallpromos
10-24-2004, 09:54 PM
lRich of both parties ike illegals for the low wages.