PDA

View Full Version : LMAO

lsbets
10-24-2004, 02:32 PM
Todays NY Times has an article referncing a report that estimates GWB's IQ to be higher than John Kerry's. That conservative NY Times bias at it agin. LMAO.

sq764
10-24-2004, 02:41 PM
Well, if their college GPA's were any telling sign, this report may be absolutely true..

lsbets
10-24-2004, 02:43 PM
Isn't it the Kerry lovers who like to say what a dolt GWB is? Wow, it must hurt that the NY Times says he's smarter than their guy. WHat does that make Kerry? An imbecile or an idiot?

sq764
10-24-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by lsbets
Isn't it the Kerry lovers who like to say what a dolt GWB is? Wow, it must hurt that the NY Times says he's smarter than their guy. WHat does that make Kerry? An imbecile or an idiot?

I say both :-)

Apparently, Kerry still will not release his college grades or SAT scores.. Wonder why??

Bush is no genius, but he did score 1206 on his SATs, which is not dolt-status by any means..

lsbets
10-24-2004, 02:51 PM
New Bush bumper sticker:

I'm voting for the smart guy!

lsbets
10-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Given the Kerry backers estimation of Bush's intelligence, and that the NY Times says Bush is smarter than Kerry, if Kerry wins will they change the presidential limo to one of those short yellow school busses?

Tom
10-24-2004, 05:58 PM
Given the Kerry backers estimation of Bush's intelligence, and that the NY Times says Bush is smarter than Kerry, if Kerry wins will they change the presidential limo to one of those short yellow school busses?

...one of the little buses!;)

kenwoodallpromos
10-24-2004, 09:55 PM
Bush is a moron but that beats all other Yale grads. LOL.

Secretariat
10-25-2004, 01:26 AM
Isbets,

If what you say is true, that IQ was in evidence in the debates, in particular that first one....LMAO.....

Equineer
10-25-2004, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by sq764
I say both :-)

Apparently, Kerry still will not release his college grades or SAT scores.. Wonder why??

Bush is no genius, but he did score 1206 on his SATs, which is not dolt-status by any means.. I would be interested in seeing Kerry's academic data.

Interesting that Bush at 1206 on the SAT was well below the Yale default cutoff in 1964 unless an applicant had legacy or political credentials. It would be interesting to know what Kerry's score was.

sq764
10-25-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Secretariat
Isbets,

If what you say is true, that IQ was in evidence in the debates, in particular that first one....LMAO.....

Haha, is the next line going to be your dad can beat up his?

I love it when the Kerry lovers get cold water in the face that shows Kerry is a clown..

I think you're simply embarrassed that you have been portraying Bush to be this massive idiot, come to find out your presidential hopeful is not as bright..

Secretariat
10-25-2004, 10:19 AM
EQ,

Don't be fooled by this crap. This began by a conservative columnist's estimates. The columnist had no results of IQ tests. What a reach.

sq764
10-25-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Secretariat
EQ,

Don't be fooled by this crap. This began by a conservative columnist's estimates. The columnist had no results of IQ tests. What a reach.

Sec, Bush let his grades/SATs be known, Kerry hides them.. So until Kerry reveals them, it appears as though he has a lot to hide.. Just like his tainted war records..

lsbets
10-25-2004, 10:23 AM
The same columnist who estimated Gore's IQ to be 10 points higher than Bush's, so he has proven that he does not automatically sway things for his guy. If it went your way, you would be touting it like crazy Sec. Apparantly it was credible enough to be printed in the NY Times, don't you always reference that paper as a credible sourse for your posts?

PaceAdvantage
10-26-2004, 10:59 PM
Apparantly it was credible enough to be printed in the NY Times, don't you always reference that paper as a credible sourse for your posts?

Ummm....why YES, he does cite the NYT often enough, so I would think he endorses whatever article appears therein.

Equineer
10-27-2004, 01:50 AM
What is remarkable is that Bush's SAT score (1206) suggests an intellect that would not be expected to earn its way on merit to the top job in a Fortune 500 corporation.

However, Bush may have been a lazy student until he got into Yale on a legacy pass. In 1964, the default Yale SAT cutoff would have been in the vicinity of 1400, so Bush must have switched into a higher gear when he got to Yale.

If he is dyslectic as claimed, that accounts for him seeming less intelligent than he really is, and it would also have made Yale a difficult but rewarding academic challenge. It may very well be that Bush's IQ exceeds Kerry's even though this was not evident in the debates.

Bush's flaw is that he allows his personal beliefs to dictate virtually all decisions while serving as President of our democratically elected government. Furthermore, the moral validity of his gospel has been questioned, and there are dark rumors about a childhood surgery to remove a crimson tailbone protrusion. However, this tale is probably an urban legend.

JustRalph
10-27-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Equineer
What is remarkable is that Bush's SAT score (1206) suggests an intellect that would not be expected to earn its way on merit to the top job in a Fortune 500 corporation.

However, Bush may have been a lazy student until he got into Yale on a legacy pass. In 1964, the default Yale SAT cutoff would have been in the vicinity of 1400, so Bush must have switched into a higher gear when he got to Yale.

If he is dyslectic as claimed, that accounts for him seeming less intelligent than he really is, and it would also have made Yale a difficult but rewarding academic challenge. It may very well be that Bush's IQ exceeds Kerry's even though this was not evident in the debates.

Bush's flaw is that he allows his personal beliefs to dictate virtually all decisions while serving as President of our democratically elected government. Furthermore, the moral validity of his gospel has been questioned, and there are dark rumors about a childhood surgery to remove a crimson tailbone protrusion. However, this tale is probably an urban legend.

you are so full of it sometimes.............

cj
10-27-2004, 02:48 AM
I don't think too many Forutne 500 companies are very interested in your SAT score, give me a break!

PaceAdvantage
10-27-2004, 03:30 AM
However, this tale is probably an urban legend.

Watch it now vEtQuineer, I think YOU may have become an urban legend!

Equineer
10-27-2004, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Watch it now vEtQuineer, I think YOU may have become an urban legend! Hmmmm... crimson tailbone protrusion / tale

Are you saying punning must be followed by a smiley so neo-cons will get it? :)

It can't be that urban legends are offensive after reading the one about Edwards and the flu vaccine.

PaceAdvantage
10-28-2004, 11:57 PM
Who says anyone was offended?

sq764
10-29-2004, 12:08 AM

Equineer, that's funny, in 1994, Yale's average SAT score was 1365.. I find it quite hard to believe it was at that or higher 30 years before that..

Secretariat
10-29-2004, 02:30 AM
Hey, I have a higher SAT score than Bush if it is 1206...maybe I oughta run....Lefty, you wanta support me...After all, I'm smarter than Bush.

You guys are too much.

Equineer
10-29-2004, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by sq764
Equineer, that's funny, in 1994, Yale's average SAT score was 1365.. I find it quite hard to believe it was at that or higher 30 years before that.. You must be quite young compared to me. If you meant the average SAT was 1365 in 1994, that would include the legacy and diversity applicants who were accepted, so the default cutoff was probably still very close to 1400. Yale accepts more cultural/ethnic diversity applicants than in the early 60s. I can assure you that Bush's 1206 was at least 200 points below the default cutoff in the early 60s. I knew secondary school classmates with scores well above 1400 that got turned down by Yale because the number of high-scoring applicants exceeded the available freshmen slots for non-legacy applicants.

Average SAT scores declined noticeably from the late 50s until about 1980 when they appeared to level off somewhat. The most frequently cited reason is a decline in average reading/writing proficiency... and hence the "Johnny Can't Read" debates.

However, if your cited score of 1365 may have actually been the Yale default cutoff 1994, then Yale, like most schools, lowered their standards as SAT scores dropped nationally.

Finally, it is no longer politically correct for schools to openly state cutoffs... even though they persist as unwritten barriers with different floors for various segments of projected freshman classes.

Equineer
10-29-2004, 03:52 AM
SQ764,

Question... when I was getting ready to apply to colleges, our academic counselors could actually show you a list of schools and default SAT requirements. Has that practice been totally squelched by today's counselors because of sensitivity issues?

The purpose back in my day was simply to help students pick a list of schools where they might stand a reasonable chance of being accepted. I have to think this still happens but perhaps is handled with more subtlety.

sq764
10-29-2004, 09:43 AM
SQ764,

Question... when I was getting ready to apply to colleges, our academic counselors could actually show you a list of schools and default SAT requirements. Has that practice been totally squelched by today's counselors because of sensitivity issues?

The purpose back in my day was simply to help students pick a list of schools where they might stand a reasonable chance of being accepted. I have to think this still happens but perhaps is handled with more subtlety.

I don't think there is such a stern 'cutoff'as you say.. I think there is a very firm guideline though..

I scored in the low 1100's on my SATs and there is probably no way I would have been accepted to the school I did if I did not play sports.. Let me put it this way, my last semester at University of Delaware (where I went for one year), I discovered beer.. And it translated into a 1.20 GPA that semester (yes, that is not a misprint)..

So.. I was applying to a school where the avg SAT was in the mid to upper 1200's, coming off a 1.20 GPA.. The baseball coach worked some miracles and got me in and I did well there..

So maybe times have changed and it's not all a numbers game.. Not sure..

(I am 31, so I do not know how much younger I am than you)

Equineer
10-29-2004, 10:07 AM
SQ764,

Talented athletes absolutely are/were considered separately.

Hope you had a fantastic winning record.

As a quirky thing, I was 1-0 as a pitcher against college opposition before I entered college. Our secondary school team beat a very weak college team in an annual exhibition game.

In college, I discovered mixed doubles beer-drinking duos as a sport where you could win even without opposition.

Has anyone found out how low Kerry's score might have been? Maybe he blacked out two answers to every question,