PDA

View Full Version : N-95 masks

lamboguy
03-30-2020, 04:39 AM
you give every healthcare worker 6 masks. when they get done with a patient you spray the mask with a mixture of water and bleach, then you wear another one, then another one. you start the next day with the same amount of masks and repeat the process. after a few weeks the rubber band might go or the material will be no good and you will have to throw away those masks and start over again with new ones. by continuing to manufacture new masks there should not be a problem.

we do have a major shortage of ventilators though. we are probably going to be short close to 100,000 of those things by the time this is over and maybe more.

TexasDolly
03-30-2020, 08:52 AM
you give every healthcare worker 6 masks. when they get done with a patient you spray the mask with a mixture of water and bleach, then you wear another one, then another one. you start the next day with the same amount of masks and repeat the process. after a few weeks the rubber band might go or the material will be no good and you will have to throw away those masks and start over again with new ones. by continuing to manufacture new masks there should not be a problem.

we do have a major shortage of ventilators though. we are probably going to be short close to 100,000 of those things by the time this is over and maybe more.

Lambo, Is spraying the masks known to be a satisfactory solution ? Don't the masks have some sort of electrostatic charge which will be removed or lessened? Additionally, fumes from the bleach must be considered.

TD

woodtoo
03-30-2020, 08:59 AM
Maybe they can be cleaned using UV rays like is done on cell phones.

TexasDolly
03-30-2020, 09:01 AM
Maybe they can be cleaned using UV rays like is done on cell phones.

The use of UV rays is the most appealing to me and probably the most effective. Even though I can't find out how effective it actually is.

TD

lamboguy
03-30-2020, 09:32 AM
Lambo, Is spraying the masks known to be a satisfactory solution ? Don't the masks have some sort of electrostatic charge which will be removed or lessened? Additionally, fumes from the bleach must be considered.

TDthe fumes have been killing me. every morning i wake up i have a sore throat.

i have some traveling nurses that live in my building that i supply them with the masks and gloves because the hospitals are limiting them for their use. they do have plenty of them at the hospital's but they are rationing them to their workers. one girl told me she was going to quit because she didn't feel safe until i started supplying her. this gal is now signing up for another 13 weeks with the hospital.

tucker6
03-30-2020, 09:56 AM
heard this morning that they recommend hydrogen peroxide as a sterilization agent

woodtoo
03-30-2020, 10:23 AM
heard this morning that they recommend hydrogen peroxide as a sterilization agent

Much better than bleach.:ThmbUp: and cheap.