PDA

View Full Version : O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Bennett (Coulter)

highnote
10-24-2004, 11:49 AM
It's interesting to me that O'Reilly, Limbaugh and Bennett -- all loud mouthed TV/Radio commentators -- had a lot of skeletons in their closets.... Sex Fiend, Drug Addict, Compulsive Gamber. Makes me wonder if Coulter has something to hide.

I've seen this same thing over and over with people who come across as self righteous. J. Edgar Hoover comes to mind. Now here's a man who is rumored to have African-American roots and to be a homosexual.

Now, in my opinion, there is nothing bad about either of those things. But Hoover, public figure that he was in the middle of the century, knew that those would be big strikes against him. So he did what he could to hide the facts.

Hoover was also an horseplayer. So I guess he wasn't all that bad.

Maybe it's that people who have some sort of addiction or compulsion that is viewed negatively by society have a need to overcompensate in other areas of their lives because they feel it makes up for their shortcomings?

js

kenwoodallpromos
10-24-2004, 02:43 PM
I see. Being black is an addiction. LOL.

sq764
10-24-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by swetyejohn

J. Edgar Hoover comes to mind. Now here's a man who is rumored to have African-American roots and to be a homosexual.

Now, in my opinion, there is nothing bad about either of those things. But Hoover, public figure that he was in the middle of the century, knew that those would be big strikes against him. So he did what he could to hide the facts.

js
Hmm, the word McGreevy quickly comes to mind

Frankly, I am not quite sure what you are getting at. If certain things would wrongly be held against these public figures, why wouldn't they try to hide them?

Tom
10-24-2004, 05:56 PM
Bill Clinton...adulterer and sex pervert, as well as PROVEN liar
John Kerry - admitted war criminal
John Edwards - scum of the earht lawyer who talks to the dead

Hmmmmm

Break out the bong, the cell phone, and some cards....the conservatives sound tame to me!

highnote
10-24-2004, 07:03 PM
I'm sure that there are liberals with plenty of skeletons in the closet.

I just thought it was ironic that those who preach so loudly in the media and come across so self-righteous have so much to hide.

Jimmy Swaggart also comes to mind.

PaceAdvantage
10-26-2004, 10:50 PM
How soon we forget Jesse Jackson's skeletons, which came out only a couple of years ago....

He's a bit of a loud mouth, and would probably qualify for swetyejohn's list.

And by the way, who said the allegations against O'Reilly are true? I haven't been keeping up on this story lately....anything new???

highnote
10-26-2004, 10:58 PM
PA,
You're right. Maybe the allegations against O'Reilly aren't true. Innocent until proven guilty -- except if you're battling the IRS.

js