PDA

View Full Version : Vic Stauffer

lamboguy
03-27-2020, 05:48 PM
the first year he came back to Oaklawn, he was having his problems calling races.

this year he calls as good a race as anyone alive, he gives you accurate exciting calls. whatever they pay him in Arkansas is a bargain for the electricity he produces.

dilanesp
03-27-2020, 05:54 PM
the first year he came back to Oaklawn, he was having his problems calling races.

this year he calls as good a race as anyone alive, he gives you accurate exciting calls. whatever they pay him in Arkansas is a bargain for the electricity he produces.

Rarely has a nicer voice emitted from a speaker at a racetrack.

jimmyb
03-27-2020, 05:57 PM

Always enjoy listening to Vic and John G Dooley call a race.

bobbyb
03-27-2020, 06:06 PM
Really enjoy listening to him. The 5th race today between the 3 and 9 at the wire was reminiscent of the early days.

Redboard
03-27-2020, 06:42 PM
I have always liked his calls, whether he screwed up or not. Some guys have earned the right to screw up. Vic is one of them, Tom Durkin was another. Who cares?

lamboguy
03-27-2020, 06:55 PM
I have always liked his calls, whether he screwed up or not. Some guys have earned the right to screw up. Vic is one of them, Tom Durkin was another. Who cares?
i shouldn't have knocked his first year back, he was always good, he was just rusty having not called races for a number of years.

hopbet
03-27-2020, 06:59 PM
JIMMY B,
I agree with JOHN G DOOLEY .

HOPBET

Augenj
03-27-2020, 07:36 PM
Always liked his calls with that "radio announcer" voice, especially his Zenyatta calls with real emotion in them. :ThmbUp:

v j stauffer
03-27-2020, 08:25 PM

Truly appreciate the very kind words. I'll be the first to admit I was tragic my first year at Oaklawn. Thought I had lost it.

Turns out I was sick. Had a thing called Hyperparathyroidism. Completely sapped my strength. Just awful.

Had a fist sized tumor removed from my lower throat.

Feel terrific now and really enjoying myself.

So glad you guys can hear that.

You made my day.

dilanesp
03-27-2020, 09:32 PM
Glad you are better!

Elkchester Road
03-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Truly appreciate the very kind words. I'll be the first to admit I was tragic my first year at Oaklawn. Thought I had lost it.

Turns out I was sick. Had a thing called Hyperparathyroidism. Completely sapped my strength. Just awful.

You made my day.

Vic...I am so glad you were able to come back from the time off and your medical condition. In my personal opinion, your race calls are like going back in time while viewing and hearing a current event. Awesome.

You know you are good when your call tells someone they got "stabbed" at the wire and they don't even get mad.

Again, Vic...thanks so much. :)

Robert Fischer
03-27-2020, 11:32 PM
Does a nice job calling these races.

Shows an understanding of the race dynamics, and the handicapping, without making the call about himself.

Was impressed recently when he had to make an adjustment on a difficult call, and he did so unabashedly, without missing a beat. Smooth adjustment and it was with the flow of the race. Fun to have a winning ticket or for connections with a horse involved.

jay68802
03-27-2020, 11:34 PM
Will agree, Vic and the guy at Mountaineer are about the only two I can listen to for a whole card.

pandy
03-28-2020, 10:06 AM

Agreed.

Jayhawk6191
03-28-2020, 10:09 AM
I think Vic does a fine job calling races. However, I wish the audio feed or microphone was fine tuned. As the horses are loading and the first couple of furlongs, which is usually a couple minutes of air time, you can hear Vic's breathing. Its the only track/announcer I ever hear that sound.

By the time they are turning for I home, he is excited enough that I don't think he is actually breathing:D

Sparky13
03-28-2020, 10:13 AM
When I listen to you and other race track announcers, I am always amazed at how you can memorize horses names for each and every race. I have trouble after getting by just 2 horses names. Will be listening today when watching, America Day at the Races. Thank You.

JustRalph
03-28-2020, 10:20 AM

You made my day.

Congrats on the healing Vic. I would urge anybody on this board that is experiencing a true daily lack of energy, constant sleepy feelings (especially in early afternoon) to have your thyroid checked. The thyroid can screw lots of stuff up.

Mine was a little different than Vic’s, but really held me back for 3-4 years until I found the right Doctor.

Cutter14
03-28-2020, 10:23 AM
It could be a heater.....love your calls...

king kong
03-28-2020, 10:40 AM
At the old Guflstream on a warm pm with Vic at the mic and C.Bredar doing a paddock peek you felt like you died and went to heaven!:D

MacTavish
03-28-2020, 11:58 AM
I think Vic is one of the best at his craft! He's extremely knowledgeable about the game and he's also a good human being. I'm glad he and Oaklawn Park have extended their contract.

Mick

Waquoit
03-28-2020, 01:07 PM
I think he tries to be too cute, calling places before the wire than backtracking late. I hate that. Accuracy is Job 1. Get that right before adding "color."

JohnGalt1
03-28-2020, 01:18 PM
Vic,

I want to compliment you and Nancy for your pre race show.

You both analyze with logic and sound reasons for your selections.

An example is your reasons for not betting most, if not all, 3 year old horses against older horses at this time of year.

dilanesp
03-28-2020, 02:19 PM
I think Vic does a fine job calling races. However, I wish the audio feed or microphone was fine tuned. As the horses are loading and the first couple of furlongs, which is usually a couple minutes of air time, you can hear Vic's breathing. Its the only track/announcer I ever hear that sound.

By the time they are turning for I home, he is excited enough that I don't think he is actually breathing:D

I have a theory about that. At Hollywood Park he was always mic'd a couple of inches from his mouth. When you do it that way you never have to worry about plosion or breath control.

Oaklawn, for whatever reason, mics him close. When you are mic'd close you have to control your breath a lot more.

kingfin66
03-28-2020, 03:44 PM

I used to notice that with Peter Berry at Mountaineer as well.

iwearpurple
03-28-2020, 04:47 PM
This in my opinion was Vic's best race call ever.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5vgNxKMML4

dilanesp
03-28-2020, 05:28 PM
Naah, it's this:

https://youtu.be/QlXiwR7893M

Zydeco
03-28-2020, 06:45 PM
Vic is a good race caller!

Peter Berry
03-28-2020, 09:31 PM
Will agree, Vic and the guy at Mountaineer are about the only two I can listen to for a whole card.
A high compliment, indeed. Many thanks.

Peter Berry
03-28-2020, 09:35 PM
I used to notice that with Peter Berry at Mountaineer as well.
Yes, that was a big problem a few years ago until we purchased a high-quality microphone and headset from Germany.

kingfin66
03-28-2020, 09:37 PM
Yes, that was a big problem a few years ago until we purchased a high-quality microphone and headset from Germany.

Thanks for weighing in on that Peter. A friend of mine always insisted that you lacked air because of smoking. I tried to explain to him that it was microphone. I love him, but he is basically a dumbass.

dilanesp
03-28-2020, 10:22 PM

Headset mics are so finicky. There's just so little windscreening and if you put it right in front of a person's mouth as so many do, you are likely to get plosion. Glad you guys found a good design.

Way back when, Marshall Cassidy used to wear a rope mic (basically a necklace with the mic element positioned right beneath the voicebox), and I always thought those old NYRA replays had perfect sound. Never heard his breath.

Not sure why that style went out of vogue in favor of the headsets. You guys are up in a booth far from the sound source so close mic'ing isn't necessary. Heck, it would even be possible to set the booth up like a recording studio with a pop screen!

v j stauffer
03-28-2020, 11:15 PM
We made some adjustments with levels and mic placement today. I think it helped quite a bit. Please listen on Sunday and keep me updated. Believe me it's technical. I'm not in football shape but I have plenty of air to make my race calls. We'll make it right.

ReplayRandall
03-28-2020, 11:23 PM
We made some adjustments with levels and mic placement today. I think it helped quite a bit. Please listen on Sunday and keep me updated. Believe me it's technical. I'm not in football shape but I have plenty of air to make my race calls. We'll make it right.I think you've been calling the races while sitting on the can, watching the in-house live feed...:pound:

CryingForTheHorses
04-01-2020, 11:12 AM
You don't have to be in football shape Vic.
You have and always will be a classy guy and a great announcer!

v j stauffer
04-01-2020, 12:12 PM
You don't have to be in football shape Vic.
You have and always will be a classy guy and a great announcer!

I'd be happy with "watching" football shape. Think I'm good there Crying.

Curious if the sound was better on the weekend? We made some level and mic placement adjustments.

Trying to avoid a noticeable sound when I take a breath and popping P's.

Input from any of you is much appreciated. We are committed to make it perfect.

clicknow
04-01-2020, 12:38 PM
Ditto what everyone has already said, love Nancy, love Vic, we are so lucky here.

mountainman
04-01-2020, 12:50 PM
Extolling Vic for his world-class calling is like summarizing LeBron James as a great scorer. There is so much more.

The pride I take in the scope of my own versatility and experience is well known . But I concede to the man who has won money tournaments, called races at major venues, proven an exceptional analyst, hustled book for top flight riders, and served with distinction as a steward.

Vic is unrivaled on this forum. He runs alone. And that territory takes in an incredible collection of great minds and accomplishments.

Like Vic, this forum is unmatched.

elhelmete
04-01-2020, 01:40 PM
I'd be happy with "watching" football shape. Think I'm good there Crying.

Curious if the sound was better on the weekend? We made some level and mic placement adjustments.

Trying to avoid a noticeable sound when I take a breath and popping P's.

Input from any of you is much appreciated. We are committed to make it perfect.

I listened. It was a little better. Can you give me the type of microphone it is? My thought is you might need a simple processor of some sort. I'll ask my audio team.

(I'm betraying my usual desire to keep quiet about my day job in television)

v j stauffer
04-01-2020, 01:44 PM
I listened. It was a little better. Can you give me the type of microphone it is? My thought is you might need a simple processor of some sort. I'll ask my audio team.

Sure, I find out the make and model tomorrow.

ReplayRandall
04-01-2020, 01:49 PM
Like Vic, this forum is unmatched.They both are the last of the dinosaurs...:ThmbUp:

v j stauffer
04-01-2020, 01:50 PM
Extolling Vic for his world-class calling is like summarizing LeBron James as a great scorer. There is so much more.

The pride I take in the scope of my own versatility and experience is well known . But I concede to the man who has won money tournaments, called races at major venues, proven an exceptional analyst, hustled book for top flight riders, and served with distinction as a steward.

Vic is unrivaled on this forum. He runs alone. And that territory takes in an incredible collection of great minds and accomplishments.

Like Vic, this forum is unmatched.

Wow, truly humbled by those incredibly kind words.

If I've accomplished anything I hope I've been able to convey how much I truly do love our sport.

I've branched out this year with the Nancy/Vic show and paddock hits. It's been great fun and a leaning experience indeed.

This is the unabashed truth when I say I've tried hard to incorporate the way YOU have presented the races over the years as a guide.

It means a great deal to me that YOU enjoy what we try to do.

Waquoit
04-01-2020, 06:11 PM
Thanks for weighing in on that Peter. A friend of mine always insisted that you lacked air because of smoking. I tried to explain to him that it was microphone. I love him, but he is basically a dumbass.

I'm not sure what made me laugh more, your buddy's comment or yours.

tubesockshakur
04-01-2020, 08:25 PM
Still hate that HP is now a football stadium. Loved that place........

v j stauffer
04-02-2020, 08:35 PM

Make: AKG

Model: C520

thespaah
04-02-2020, 09:49 PM

You made my day.
WOW!!! Glad you're rid of that....Be well.

thespaah
04-02-2020, 09:59 PM
Basically a dumbass.....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

kingfin66
04-02-2020, 11:16 PM
Basically a dumbass.....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sadly, he is now one of the millions of people who has been laid off. I worry that he will spend his entire $1,200 on pick 4s.

dilanesp
04-03-2020, 03:16 PM
Well, having heard some audio from Oaklawn today, I can identify two problems.

The first is the plosion and breath noises everyone has commented on. In the words of the Police, I can hear Every Breath You Take. And there's a noticeable pop on t's and p's.

The second is there's definitely a bit of distortion, specifically fuzz. It sounds like what you get when you have an underpowered amplifier and you turn the volume up too loud to compensate. Or what would happen if you ran a human voice through a distortion pedal.

None of this is important to me, of course. I can hear your calls and they are quite good (as they have always been).

But if you are striving for perfection, obviously the distortion problem is for the audio people at Oaklawn to solve.

As for the plosion / breath noise problem, when I used to do PA (granted, not on a headset mic), I avoided it through a combination of using a windscreen on the mic, getting a little distance on it, and breath control. My guess is it is tougher for a racecaller, because you can't really back away from the mic during a call and you have to breathe at some point. But perhaps there are headset mics out there with better windscreens or your audio engineer can adjust the audio levels.

elhelmete
04-03-2020, 03:29 PM

thanks, let me see what I come up with.

RunForTheRoses
04-03-2020, 03:34 PM

It was good enough for the Dead, man.

https://archive.org/details/gd80-06-20.akg-claridge-healy.vernon.20205.sbeok.shnf/gd80-06-20d1t08.shn

dilanesp
04-03-2020, 03:45 PM
It was good enough for the Dead, man.

https://archive.org/details/gd80-06-20.akg-claridge-healy.vernon.20205.sbeok.shnf/gd80-06-20d1t08.shn

That was recorded on an AKG mic, but not a C520. And that's just the recording from the taping pit; the band used other mics.

I looked up the C520 and it's really advertised as a singer's mic (not a speaker's mic) and has no windscreen at all (which is obviously a reasonable decision at least in indoor concerts).

https://images.app.goo.gl/ZaivH7XqscZngQHAA

Singers, of course, exercise breath control and their sound technicians can reduce plosion/breath noises, especially since the sounds of the instruments and the crowd can drown them out anyway.

I'm not sure that's actually the model I would choose for public address. Take a look at the model Kurt Becker uses at Keeneland. Big thick windscreen, kept just offset from his mouth so it won't pick up breath noises:

https://images.app.goo.gl/2aYqG6sEYgVAP7EQ8

That's the direction I might be inclined to go in.

RunForTheRoses
04-03-2020, 03:50 PM
That was recorded on an AKG mic, but not a C520. And that's just the recording from the taping pit; the band used other mics.

I looked up the C520 and it's really advertised as a singer's mic (not a speaker's mic) and has no windscreen at all (which is obviously a reasonable decision at least in indoor concerts).

https://images.app.goo.gl/ZaivH7XqscZngQHAA

Singers, of course, exercise breath control and their sound technicians can reduce plosion/breath noises, especially since the sounds of the instruments and the crowd can drown them out anyway.

I'm not sure that's actually the model I would choose for public address. Take a look at the model Kurt Becker uses at Keeneland. Big thick windscreen, kept just offset from his mouth so it won't pick up breath noises:

https://images.app.goo.gl/2aYqG6sEYgVAP7EQ8

That's the direction I might be inclined to go in.

That's right man. My heads full of Owsley right now, I be makin mistakes. Can Ya Dig it?

dilanesp
04-03-2020, 03:59 PM
That's right man. My heads full of Owsley right now, I be makin mistakes. Can Ya Dig it?

You need a miracle every day.

Sea Hero
04-03-2020, 03:59 PM
I've known Vic for many years. He has his good and bad days, but there's no denying that his race calls generate electricity, and that's what horse racing needs.

SandyW
04-03-2020, 05:57 PM
The country and the horse racing industry is facing the worst crisis in the last hundred years and people are complaining what sound from the announcer's booth at Oaklawn sounds like.
Get real people and say a pray that this world wide crisis is over very soon and let's praise the people that are going to work and are trying to do their job and help us forget for a few hours a day to what is going on in the world today.

"OUR ATTITUDE AND WHAT WE THINK AND PERCEIVE, WILL GET US OVER ANY HURDLE AND ANY ADVERSITY."
D. WAYNE LUKAS
HALL OF FAME TRAINER

dilanesp
04-03-2020, 06:01 PM
The country and the horse racing industry is facing the worst crisis in the last hundred years and people are complaining what sound from the announcer's booth at Oaklawn sounds like.
Get real people and say a pray that this world wide crisis is over very soon and let's praise the people that are going to work and are trying to do their job and help us forget for a few hours a day to what is going on in the world today.

I'm not complaining. Vic's a great announcer even if he's talking into a tin can and a string.

the little guy
04-03-2020, 06:51 PM

1980 was before the "taping pit."

Often wrong but never in doubt.

highernote
04-03-2020, 07:07 PM

My two cents for what it's worth...

I always thought AKG's tended to be too bright -- a little on the tinny side. I prefer a Neumann U87 -- a large diaphram, condenser mic. They have a very "warm" sound. They're expensive, but there are knockoffs that might be just as good.

Sennhieser is good, but it always seemed to me to be somewhere in between an AKG and Neumann. Not as bright as an AKG and not as warm as a U87.

https://vintageking.com/neumann-u-87-ai

The youtube demo of the U87 at that link has some good technical tips.

dilanesp
04-03-2020, 09:44 PM

I always thought AKG's tended to be too bright -- a little on the tinny side. I prefer a Neumann U87 -- a large diaphram, condenser mic. They have a very "warm" sound. They're expensive, but there are knockoffs that might be just as good.

Sennhieser is good, but it always seemed to me to be somewhere in between an AKG and Neumann. Not as bright as an AKG and not as warm as a U87.

I bet a U87 with a pop screen and some sound insulation in the booth would produce absolutely beautiful sound.

But modern track announcers prefer headsets.

elhelmete
04-03-2020, 09:44 PM

We used Neumanns exclusively in our VO booths.
Cedar NR units.
Izotope software for fixing.

dilanesp
04-03-2020, 09:49 PM
1980 was before the "taping pit."

Often wrong but never in doubt.

Wow Andy. First of all, that's a complete nitpick. There's literally no reason to say that other than personal animus against me. Who the hell cares if anyone on this board doesn't get the exact year that the Grateful Dead allowed taping correct?

At any rate, I am not even sure you are correct- which, of course, is an absoute necessity if you want to be such a nitpicker: This site says the band "officially sanctioned" taping in 1984 but it went on long, long before then.

https://www.wired.com/2015/07/grateful-dead-fare-thee-well-tech-pioneers/

[EDIT: I might add that what we were discussing was a high quality tape of a Grateful Dead show from 1980, including technical information on the professional recording equipment used. Which kind of suggests- it was taped from a taping pit.]

Now, if you want to prove that there were no "taping pits" in 1980, neither officially sanctioned or unofficial, if that's really the sort of thing you want to spend your time doing, then I invite you to do so. If not, you have no business making a comment like this.

Cuffdaddy
04-03-2020, 09:52 PM
Vic's call today on a horse named Hannity;
"That's Hannity leaning to the far far right"

Niceeee!!!

clicknow
04-04-2020, 03:16 AM

Niceeee!!!

Yes, that was fun.

As for sound equipment, I have no idea how that stuff is chosen or why, or how "techie" the people ordering stuff at oaklawn are or what their level of sound engineering background is.

The "buyers" are sometimes not the people who actually have to use the things that are requisitioned. Case in point: I can tell you that they had perfectly operational powdered creamer and sugar dispensers in the casino side that worked great and held enough product that the employees in charge of refilling those comfort stations were able to keep up. And when a customer pressed the button, the stuff actually dispensed and came out into your cup.

Then, it appears they recently changed vendors. Maybe a cheaper bid came in? I dunno.

But it's so bad that every station since has had to put out separate bottles of both creamer and sugar, setting them on top of those new dispensing machines, because the new machines are sub-standard in every way, from every viewpoint of both customers and employees having to deal with them. :lol:

So needless to say, they should sit the people down who actually have to USE the equipment that is ordered, and let them do the testing and be part of the planning. But this doesn't happen in many companies, as we all know. You are given equipment and expected to somehow make it work.

One of my relatives helped design space station freedom and actually would sit with the astronauts while designing and getting their feedback, since they would be using the doors that he was designing for the space station. this just makes logical sense, right?????

v j stauffer
04-04-2020, 08:15 AM
I copied this thread and sent it to our sound man Corey. He's the kind of guy that appreciates thoughtful input. We'll get it right and sounding as good as possible. Remember we are dealing with MY voice which isn't exactly my strongest suit. Hard to put lipstick on a pig. What I'd give for pipes like "cream donut" Keith Jones from Parx or Don "golden throat" Alexander formally of Hollywood Park and Retama. Or the all time best race track announcer voice. The gravely greatness of the one and only Harry Henson. Give me those tones and I could be a contender.

elhelmete
04-04-2020, 10:33 AM
I copied this thread and sent it to our sound man Corey. He's the kind of guy that appreciates thoughtful input. We'll get it right and sounding as good as possible. Remember we are dealing with MY voice which isn't exactly my strongest suit. Hard to put lipstick on a pig. What I'd give for pipes like "cream donut" Keith Jones from Parx or Don "golden throat" Alexander formally of Hollywood Park and Retama. Or the all time best race track announcer voice. The gravely greatness of the one and only Harry Henson. Give me those tones and I could be a contender.

A simple (used/cheap) in-line noise reduction unit would do wonders.
And maybe I missed it...what's your wind/pop screen set-up, if any?

edited to add...I'm dyslexic...didn't see the 520 is a headset mic?
Doesn't change my reco on NR but your screening options are more limited.
Mic placement in relation to your mouth is now the additional adjustment to try.

lansdale
04-04-2020, 05:09 PM
For whatever reason, this kind of sound distortion seems to be much more common in sports announcing than other venues that use mikes. As others here have said, this is a windscreen problem. For non-sound engineers, a mike will produce a popping sound with plosives and distort fricatives when there's too much air hitting the sensitive diaphragm. Doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the mike. For the AKG C520L headset mike, the W44 is the correct windscreen -- assume this can be ordered from AKG, if none are available. But a possibly easier and cheaper solution -- make sure the mike is always at least three inches away from the speaker's mouth.

jay68802
04-05-2020, 11:41 PM
Nice call in the last today. Shashashakemeup, I can't read the name, let alone pronounce it.:D

v j stauffer
04-06-2020, 07:45 AM
Nice call in the last today. Shashashakemeup, I can't read the name, let alone pronounce it.:D

Thanks. It was closing a $3.00 pick 3 for me. So I was watching him very intently. I didn't have the leader Marvin. Even though I am a fan of the movie Midnight Run!:popcorn:

Jayhawk6191
04-06-2020, 10:12 AM
Vic- I watched 3-4 races on the Fox broadcast Sat. The audio has improved to where the breathing/inhaling sound is much less noticeable. I can still hear it a little bit, but I don't think it is a distraction like before.

And to add another dimension to the discussion, the audio of your call is unlike any other. I watch a lot of live sports (football, basketball, golf, hockey, etc) and your audio is a one-of-its-kind. It is akin to the audio you hear from an airline pilot. In a way, I kind of like it because it is unique and the call is only a couple minutes.

JohnGalt1
04-06-2020, 04:07 PM
Vic,

With Arlington, my home track Canterbury, and Prairie Meadows probably opening late, do you think Oaklawn could or should remain open past May 5?

Not just for my and our sakes but for the owners, trainers, and horses who have a place to keep racing, since the above tracks are where many of the Oaklawn horses go.

v j stauffer
04-06-2020, 05:48 PM
Vic,

With Arlington, my home track Canterbury, and Prairie Meadows probably opening late, do you think Oaklawn could or should remain open past May 5?

Not just for my and our sakes but for the owners, trainers, and horses who have a place to keep racing, since the above tracks are where many of the Oaklawn horses go.

The current plan is to remain on our regular schedule thru closing day May 2nd.

CryingForTheHorses
04-06-2020, 06:13 PM

Niceeee!!!

We need a like button :)

clicknow
04-07-2020, 11:01 AM
Remember we are dealing with MY voice which isn't exactly my strongest suit.

well I disagree. Your voice is about 1 of 3 that I do not have to turn off the sound for.

Sensory perception is very individual though, just like smell. My ears like your voice though.

castaway01
04-07-2020, 11:15 AM
well I disagree. Your voice is about 1 of 3 that I do not have to turn off the sound for.

Sensory perception is very individual though, just like smell. My ears like your voice though.

All of a sudden I feel like I stumbled onto a really weird ASMR dating site

JohnGalt1
04-07-2020, 12:55 PM
Vic,

Thanks for the reply.

At least Oaklawn management and your HBPA have a month to decide.

cj
04-13-2020, 10:50 AM
Vic,

Thanks for the reply.

At least Oaklawn management and your HBPA have a month to decide.

Where is purse money going to come from to keep the meet going? They already cut purses quite a bit. Sure the handle has been great, but with the model today where tracks don't make as much on off track handle, it wouldn't be enough.

CheckMark
04-13-2020, 11:10 AM
Speaking of "tin-can" audio calls,there were a couple of times at harness tracks like Flamboro, Georgian and my local track Grand River Raceway where it sounded like track announcer Garry Guy would be announcing the race and it sounds like he is talking into a tin can. I cannot recall the exact times/dates that it has happened but it did happen around December into late January. :pound:

Hopefully construction at Grand River can be finished before racing season opens up (if they can) :liar::lol:

Thanks for keeping us entertained Vic! Keeping your voice rolling! :ThmbUp: