PDA

View Full Version : KY Derby future bets still action

SG4
03-19-2020, 05:02 PM
Churchill has announced the wagers made through their futures pools will still be honored, as according to them they had "numerous internal and external discussions,” leading to this decision.

I'd like to know one external person (particularly an objective group of bettors or people familiar with placing future bets) who advised on this being a good idea. I don't have a single ticket in any pool, but I think this is such a load of garbage, but why would we expect anything else from a CDI decision.

tbwinner
03-19-2020, 05:09 PM
Doesn't make sense at all. I wonder what the rules of the wager within the regs say? Wouldn't there be something on the wager by whatever KY department oversees wagering? It may not be cancelled but postponing for 4 months allows them to keep the funds. Half the horses probably won't be in it anyways!

dilanesp
03-19-2020, 05:36 PM
Interest free loan to Churchill.

If racing regulation worked the way it is supposed to, the State of Kentucky would intervene and force them to declare these bets a no contest. Alas....

therussmeister
03-19-2020, 06:45 PM
And they still intend to offer April future wager, and will likely add more wagers beyond that.

dilanesp
03-19-2020, 07:04 PM
And they still intend to offer April future wager, and will likely add more wagers beyond that.

I don't object to them selling more bets and more future pools. But any time the Derby date is changed, the previous action should be refunded.

rrpic6
03-19-2020, 08:39 PM
It's possible my horse has not yet been born....if they cancel for a few years. I do have a friendly wager of $150 on #24 All Others in the 2nd Future Pool. P.S. What happens if a horse gets named "All Others"?

RR