PDA

View Full Version : Racing Suspended at AQU

bobbyb
03-19-2020, 03:27 PM
Backstretch worker(s) test +

Redboard
03-19-2020, 03:49 PM
Well that sucks but I don't believe anyone is surprised. New York is the epicenter of coronavirus in the U.S.

jimmy m
03-19-2020, 04:40 PM
Reports Coming in that Sean Payton coach of the Saints has Covid.He was at Oaklawn Park last weekend and was interviewed by Brittiany On Tvg.Could this lead to Oaklawn and Tvg shutting down too.

cutchemist42
03-19-2020, 04:52 PM
I'm scared about that Oaklawn news...that's a packed track...

classhandicapper
03-19-2020, 05:15 PM
Backstretch worker(s) test +

I called this earlier this morning on the Derby thread. It was just a matter of time.

alhattab
03-19-2020, 06:38 PM
I'm scared about that Oaklawn news...that's a packed track...

No fans in attendance the day Payton was there

cutchemist42
03-19-2020, 06:48 PM

Ok good, thought it was still a live day.

dilanesp
03-19-2020, 07:05 PM

Yeah, but probably several hundred owners, horsemen, jockeys, racing officials, and TVG people. Plenty of opportunities for transmission.

joecam
03-19-2020, 07:40 PM
A backstretch worker who lives and works at Belmont Park tested positive this morning for the coronavirus. Following NYRA's Preparedness and Response Plan, the worker has been quarantined since developing symptoms the morning of Friday, March 13. His roommate was also quarantined at that time.

alhattab
03-19-2020, 10:46 PM
Yeah, but probably several hundred owners, horsemen, jockeys, racing officials, and TVG people. Plenty of opportunities for transmission.

The OP mentioned "packed" i.e., fans, but you're right Just the winner's circle presentation video (for the Azeri) included something like 6 potential transmissions!

dilanesp
03-19-2020, 11:46 PM
The OP mentioned "packed" i.e., fans, but you're right Just the winner's circle presentation video (for the Azeri) included something like 6 potential transmissions!

Compare what Oaklawn did or what Dubai is doing to Gulfstream's protocol here:

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/gulfstream-friday-card-called-off-racing-to-resume-saturday-with-updated-protocols/

Oaklawn really dropped the ball here.

ReplayRandall
03-19-2020, 11:50 PM
Compare what Oaklawn did or what Dubai is doing to Gulfstream's protocol here:

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/gulfstream-friday-card-called-off-racing-to-resume-saturday-with-updated-protocols/

Oaklawn really dropped the ball here.Timely protocol cover for GP, as this week's fields have been short and ugly....Needed to skip a day to build back.

Immanuel Kant
03-20-2020, 08:25 AM
There will be no racing period. It's a matter of days before every track in North America is shut down